User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2006, 02:36 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default really confused now????

I have been researching and calling company training programs for a couple of weeks and thought Prime was the place for me. But now that I found this forum I don't know who to trust. I read bad things about everyone. Please help. This is my new career and I need to start it off the rite way. Any and all opinions will be considered. I really want to go to a company that trains newbies. TIA
Old 10-09-2006, 03:30 PM

If all you are looking for is a training company, then there are many to choose from. Think about what else you want out of this (home time, ability to run all 48 states, etc. etc.) that might help you narrow it down.

Prime is all about leasing trucks, and from all I've ever heard, there lease is as bad as anyones in the business. That is why you hear so many bad things. I've never driven for them myself, so I can't speak first hand. But, if I were a rookie, I wouldn't sign on with any company that is predominantly a lease company. You've got enough to worry about your first year, just learning the ropes and improving your driving ability. You don't need some yahoo from corporate pressuring you into signing a lease, and you definately don't need the financial burdens of that lease. IMO it is much better to start out with a company that won't bother you with such things.