User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2006, 09:36 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Schneider Sucks

I went to SNI Academy fulfilled my year with them, i was pretty content with the company till one day my team leader brought me into Charlotte. From there they set me in a room by my self and started blaming me for messing with there qualcom. Supposedly my truck had been idling but not sending a message back to the home computer. Anyway they took my keys and told me to stay in room so they can check my truck to see if I tampered with anything. These bastard's were in the truck for a hour looking through my stuff. I know this to be true because they took my converters and you can tell when your stuff has been violated. A hour later the came back and told me they could find no proof of tampering. I explained to them why would i tamper, my idol was already 45% i done messed the bonus up and my over-speed was high anyway. Still they didn't let me go. Now they make me get a hotel room, which they wouldn't pay for, and I was not getting layover. They said they had to test the qualcom. During this time I decided that it was time for me to leave. Being ex military an all, I was not used to having my integrity questioned. I did everything right by turning the truck in clean and all. but gave no 2 week notice. I left so early because JB Hunt told me it would be fine. Needless to say when I got to JB Hunt I was turned away after 2ND day of orientation because of a misdemeanor open container charge I had in 2004. An who that's my real problem. Now no company will touch me. MY DMV perfect, no felonies, i had no service failures or any bad stuff on me. But no company will hire me till this one charge is 3 to 5 years old. An now SNI had put me on no rehire list. The thing that gets me is when I went to SNI Academy in 2005 this charge didn't affect me. It seems now they knew it was there, but I was gonna have a hard time getting a job if I ever left. Meaning they had me on a leash even after my contract leash was met. My question is why is this open container charge affecting me so bad, I won't driven, I didn't even have a car at this time. It's not like I ever had a DUI. Right now I'm at McLeod orientation, I told the recruiter to double check this stuff before I went, he looked up my criminal record and everything and said it's good, he even cleared me with safety and his boss. I'm just not giving my hopes up till I have a key to the truck though.. People told me they send people home on the last day of orientation like JB HUN did. So these people can screw me even though they assured me, which will suck because of the time and money I put in to get here. Can I be helped?

((EDITED YOUR TITLE...THE VULGARITY WAS NOT NEEDED))
Old 10-03-2006, 09:51 PM

Of ocurse you can be helped. You said you have a complete year in and it sounds like you haven't been off the road for long. If the open container was in no way related to operating a motor vehicle, then it shouldn't hold you down to much. If things don't work out where you are now, if they let you go during orientation, go back home and start looking for small fleets to drive for. As a rule the benefits aren't as good, but often times the paychecks are better. And, it will keep you on the road.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:55 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

The big issue you are running into is that most companies may have different definitions of alcohol violations. Schneider doesn't view an open container the same as a DUI...JB Hunt most likely does. So, while the open container didn't hurt you with Schnieder, it did with JB and likely will with other companies, too.

If McCleod has you in orientation and you have been straight with them from the beginning, you should be OK.

Old 10-03-2006, 10:09 PM
Rookie

I hope so man, I was straight with them. Like I said I told them to make sure before dragging me down there. He looked at my criminal record and assured me it was alright. But today while doing there applications and stuff, I saw on there that all drug and alchol charges must be 5 years old. I called the recruiter up and he still assured me its alright, but if i have any problems call him immediately. But in the end the recruiter don't have the final say. Im just freaking out now, cause it happen before, and after his it just seems worthless. Just a strong case of my past biteing me in the analhole.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:11 PM
Rookie

sorry bout the vulgarity, ballz was definately a bad choice of words and should be cencsored. As a matter of fact i'm truely ashamed and beg you all to forgive my poor choice of dialect.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:34 PM
Rookie

its all good man i understand your pain. I have been trying to find a company to go with for months but just cant afoord the school, always come to find out in the end there is an upfront cost norm not that much but enough for me not to be able to o , 75 for actuall cdl and paying for food for two weeks. I tried to go with schnieder but becasue i worked at temp services for almost a year they say my work history is to sparatic which is really really ghey
Old 10-03-2006, 11:09 PM
Rookie

Dude other then 4years in army after that my work history was sparatic, I was hopping from 1 job to another then ya nieghborhood bad girl was hopping from 1 dude to another, you don't have to be exactlly honest on that part. Its a DOT Regulation for 10 years work history just say u were unemployed
Old 10-03-2006, 11:20 PM
Senior Board Member

If you say you were unemployed you will have to have some type of certified letter saying that you were unemployed... just be honest
Old 10-03-2006, 11:22 PM
Rookie

sometimes honesty gets ya know were. Being less then honest got me through SNI Acadamey. So I stick with wut works
Old 10-04-2006, 04:29 PM
Senior Board Member

Yea, being less then honest will get you somewhere MAYBE but, you will always have this cloud over your head. If you are just upfront and honest with them then you do not have to worry. I will take my chances with being honest.