User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2007, 05:42 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

The big problem with these chat sites, is that most of the chatters were fired or do a lousy job so they are mad!
Old 01-24-2007, 10:17 PM
Rookie

[quote="Jim Henson"]I don't usually post on these things cause it's a waste of time to me but I saw some of the things being said about McLeod..I had to post.

After all the companies I've been with, I'll tell you the truth:
If you are a road rookie or you need constant attention and can't help yourself(logwise or taking care of business), Mcleod is not the place for you.

Mcleod only asks for 6 months otr experience. Now isnt that considered a "road rookie"??? If that isnt, I dont know what is.
Oh, btw, my husband has been driving for a long time and gets to his stops all the time as he's suppose to do and also does alot of extra BS for those guys. He busts his a** out there only to be ignored constantly by his dispatchers and left hanging. It doesnt take much to answer your driver when a message comes up on the qualcomm. I can understand waiting a little while for a response because they are handling other situations. But come on, dont you think waiting 4-5 hours or getting no answer at all is professional? I dont think so.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:20 PM
Rookie

[quote="Jim Henson"]I don't usually post on these things cause it's a waste of time to me but I saw some of the things being said about McLeod..I had to post.

After all the companies I've been with, I'll tell you the truth:
If you are a road rookie or you need constant attention and can't help yourself(logwise or taking care of business), Mcleod is not the place for you.

Mcleod only asks for 6 months otr experience. Now isnt that considered a "road rookie"??? If that isnt, I dont know what is.
Oh, btw, my husband has been driving for a long time and gets to his stops all the time as he's suppose to do and also does alot of extra BS for those guys. He busts his a** out there only to be ignored constantly by his dispatchers and left hanging. It doesnt take much to answer your driver when a message comes up on the qualcomm. I can understand waiting a little while for a response because they are handling other situations. But come on, dont you think waiting 4-5 hours or getting no answer at all is professional? I dont think so.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:47 PM
Rookie

Blondie,

Like I said in an earlier post. It is all about doing your job. Not everyone is good a fit for every company. Most of us bust our butts our here and get little to show for it. McLeod is a good company and half of you guys were most likely fired or did a bad job and you thought you got screwed. Hope your husband has better luck at his next job!
Old 02-03-2007, 06:04 AM
Rookie

Well I went through orientation with Mcleod this week
so far it's not too awful,i'm home as expected this weekend
i agree to some extent that the phone system in getting a hold of dispatch
is a little rough at times,but i manage.
can't say too much more other than like i said. so far,so good.
let's see how it is in the future. i shall post again soon!
Old 02-03-2007, 05:24 PM
Rookie
Default McLeod

Just shot them an app. before I seen this thread. Really second guessing that now.
Only reason I applied was their about 2 hrs. from house and say they allow pets. milage don't seem too high,how high are med. benefits and if dispatchers are that bad really doubt I'll be too receptive to any offers. just out of curosity what type equipment do they have?
Old 02-19-2007, 06:43 PM
Rookie

They have late model/new Freightliners. Good company! Miles are not the highest now because of the season, but freight has been picking up. I like working for them.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:32 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozo25
Blondie,

Like I said in an earlier post. It is all about doing your job. Not everyone is good a fit for every company. Most of us bust our butts our here and get little to show for it. McLeod is a good company and half of you guys were most likely fired or did a bad job and you thought you got screwed. Hope your husband has better luck at his next job!
You come down on Yellow for making unsubstantiated assumptions, yet here you are doing the same thing! :roll:

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?
Old 02-19-2007, 11:35 PM

I drove for these guys a while back, they were a good company. I left wasnt fired. They had there problems then, the owner and his son put up like a 3 million dollar facility, and was in the process of changing over the fleet. I drove a classic for them and had no problems with the equipment. that was then as far as now I dunno. I never really had a problem with the dispatchers in general just mine.

I scrached their back and they scratched mine. I'd go back if I wanted to take it easy, but really dont want to do that. just waitin around on my orientation date.

Those guys considering this company, youll hear good and bad about companies all you can do is try. If the same guy owns the place, hes a really nice guy and not all uppity.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:24 AM

In response to the post about "half you guys probably were fired or did a bad job and quit".

I did leave McLeod after 2 months. I wasn't fired and did a very good job. The head dispatcher tried talking me into staying telling me that I had no late deliveries, logs looked very good (they should have considering that they were highly fudged, my comment not his), and that they were very happy with me.

The final straw for me came when I told them that I did need to be home on a certain weekend. Well, lo and behold, they have me running around Chicago until I run out of hours Friday night and now I wouldn't be getting home until Saturday afternoon, even though they knew well ahead of time that I needed to be there in the morning.

While I am not a real veteran, I fully realize that when a company tells you that they will have you home on Friday, expect to be home sometime from midnight to midnight on Friday. But when you tell them to have you home on Friday (what time Friday doesn't matter as long as it is Friday), that doesn't mean Saturday afternoon.

Couple that with the fact that the dispatcher would never answer my questions on the Qualcomm (a female dispatcher that shall remain nameless - as well as mannerless), and all the other problems I was having with them. I tried switching dispatchers, but the head dispatcher denied this request (although when I called to tell him I was quitting, he promised to switch me if I didn't quit).

I don't need babysat or my hand held while on the road. Experienced drivers know that there are times you need to ask the dispatcher something. It is very frustrating when the dispatcher purposely refuses to answer those questions. When you send in your question starting at the time the dispatcher gets to work and every couple of hours after that, and then the dispatcher goes home without answering, you can be pretty sure that it was on purpose. Especially after it happens a few times.

Yes, there are posts all over these boards from drivers who were fired, or from drivers who quit their company after doing a bad job. However, I am not one of them. Finding a good company is a three way fit between driver, company, and dispatcher.

I am glad that some drivers find this a good company. But I did not. A lot of other drivers didn't either. But, they are managing to keep some drivers happy or they wouldn't still be in business. It is just that they couldn't keep me happy (decent and consistent paycheck).