User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2007, 06:48 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I work for McLeod right now and have no trouble. If you do your job, you will get your pay. I spent a day in there office and I saw all they had to deal with. The phones do ring like any office, if they did not have to watch so many drivers so close, and everyone just did there job, no one would have any issues. They are a good company and if any new prospects reads my message, please give McLeod a try if you are looking for a good job. All you gotta do is what is expected of you and the rest will all fall into place.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozo25
I work for McLeod right now and have no trouble. If you do your job, you will get your pay. I spent a day in there office and I saw all they had to deal with. The phones do ring like any office, if they did not have to watch so many drivers so close, and everyone just did there job, no one would have any issues. They are a good company and if any new prospects reads my message, please give McLeod a try if you are looking for a good job. All you gotta do is what is expected of you and the rest will all fall into place.
Me thinks me smells a recruiter :wink:
Old 01-20-2007, 03:44 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsphaltBound
Me thinks me smells a recruiter :wink:
...after I emailed the CEO the link to this thread yesterday :lol: these guys suck
Old 01-20-2007, 03:44 PM
Rookie

I don't usually post on these things cause it's a waste of time to me but I saw some of the things being said about McLeod..I had to post.

I've been driving for about 18 years and with Mcleod for 4 years. I also dispatched for Warner for a couple years before I went back to the road. I have my bachelor's in business management, but I always loved to be on the road so that's where I am today.

After all the companies I've been with, I'll tell you the truth:
If you are a road rookie or you need constant attention and can't help yourself(logwise or taking care of business), Mcleod is not the place for you. All these guys leaving messges on here sound like those guys who I hear about quittin all the time about stupid sh*t that they couldn't pull up their own diaper. I don't know who that recent post was that sounds like a recruiter if that's real or not, I don't know. But what he's sayin is right. If you do your job, you will be fine with this company. I live in Decatur with my wife and 2 beautiful kids and that might be why I don't have too much of a problem getting home, but there have been times where I didn't get home when I was supposed to. Something a lot of drvrs who never dispatched or brokered loads don't understand how it works is that if there aint the right freight, you can't always get where you wanna go! It's trucking!

I've never had to get the guarantee except for the 1st time 2 weeks ago during the slowest time of the freight year. I don't always see the amazing miles that everbody here wants but I averge about 2300 miles a week.

This aint a diss to anybody but lots of these truckers on here give real truckers a bad name. Mcleod aint a bad place if you know how to take care of yourself. Everybody makes mistakes at every company but Mcleod don't sit around apologizing..they just get right to work on fixin it. If you can't help yourself out, Mcleod probably don't want you anyway.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:59 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Henson
I don't usually post on these things cause it's a waste of time to me but I saw some of the things being said about McLeod..I had to post.

I've been driving for about 18 years and with Mcleod for 4 years. I also dispatched for Warner for a couple years before I went back to the road. I have my bachelor's in business management, but I always loved to be on the road so that's where I am today.

After all the companies I've been with, I'll tell you the truth:
If you are a road rookie or you need constant attention and can't help yourself(logwise or taking care of business), Mcleod is not the place for you. All these guys leaving messges on here sound like those guys who I hear about quittin all the time about stupid sh*t that they couldn't pull up their own diaper. I don't know who that recent post was that sounds like a recruiter if that's real or not, I don't know. But what he's sayin is right. If you do your job, you will be fine with this company. I live in Decatur with my wife and 2 beautiful kids and that might be why I don't have too much of a problem getting home, but there have been times where I didn't get home when I was supposed to. Something a lot of drvrs who never dispatched or brokered loads don't understand how it works is that if there aint the right freight, you can't always get where you wanna go! It's trucking!

I've never had to get the guarantee except for the 1st time 2 weeks ago during the slowest time of the freight year. I don't always see the amazing miles that everbody here wants but I averge about 2300 miles a week.

This aint a diss to anybody but lots of these truckers on here give real truckers a bad name. Mcleod aint a bad place if you know how to take care of yourself. Everybody makes mistakes at every company but Mcleod don't sit around apologizing..they just get right to work on fixin it. If you can't help yourself out, Mcleod probably don't want you anyway.
welcome to CAD, Jim.

1st post!! :lol:
Old 01-23-2007, 02:06 AM
Rookie

i am heading out to orientation next monday for mcleod so far from what i read they are like any other trucking company's standards,do the job expected and there is no problems.bandit,it sounds like you had a bad run in with them,but i wouldnt make the company seem like the worst thing out there.i been with a few shady outfits,and from what i see,mcleod is far from shady.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:55 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyChevy
i am heading out to orientation next monday for mcleod so far from what i read they are like any other trucking company's standards,do the job expected and there is no problems.bandit,it sounds like you had a bad run in with them,but i wouldnt make the company seem like the worst thing out there.i been with a few shady outfits,and from what i see,mcleod is far from shady.

LOL , how the hell do you know they are far from shady ? You've never even driven for them . This is why these lousy companies stay in business , unqualified drivers with no clue just take a pick out of a hat and say let's try these guys out .
Old 01-23-2007, 02:59 AM
Senior Board Member

hehehehe......

You know, the biggest mistake I made was NOT listening to this board....

If you find people ranting about a company, good or bad, it doesn't hurt to pay attention.... and know who the recruiters are for what company.

Just my .02

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 01-23-2007, 09:02 PM
Rookie

so,now there a lousy company because you say so? i am guessing you worked for them then smooth? unqualified lol you seem to know so much about everything another trucker running down the highway knows all seen all...good luck to ya union-man
Old 01-24-2007, 01:03 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyChevy
so,now there a lousy company because you say so? i am guessing you worked for them then smooth? unqualified lol you seem to know so much about everything another trucker running down the highway knows all seen all...good luck to ya union-man
I just figured you would have set your sights a little higher after reading the multiple negative posts about the company and checking out the profile on CAD .

http://www.classadrivers.com/truckin...s.php?Cid=2390

Minimum qualifications are a joke , you can have 3 tickets in the last 3 years a preventable or two and a dui and felony in the early part of this decade and they would still take you . Quite the high standards......

Anyways , GL there