User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2006, 09:57 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Keep me posted Jocko. I am really thinking about going to school and go drive for them. I already have a good desk job, but sort of getting tired of working behind a desk and need a change of scene. I talked to a recruiter a couple of months ago, and he said they really weren't looking for drivers, but could always use good drivers. Keep in mind this was at the Springdale, Arkansas terminal. I'd say go with Tyson, straight out of school their aren't to many good companies to work for and I believe Tyson is a cut above the rest with their pay and benefits. I have talked to a couple of previous drivers and they said it was a pretty good job, but things have changed since the CEO came in, as Mike said in a previous post, also they said sometimes you have to wait to get loaded and unloaded especially at the processing plants where u have to wait for the chickens to get killed, but they also said they would get them home when they needed and the pay was good. Good luck and keep up us posted!
Old 10-04-2006, 12:18 AM
Rookie

Thanks sneil. Things aren't set in stone as I'm looking at others also but I'll post as things develop.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:49 AM
Rookie

Again what is good for some people is not good for some. Like I hate seafood and some people love it, see my point. The pay and the benefits are great and I got home when I said till the new office staff. The trucks have a rpm governer and its at 1650 rpms, which sucks on hills. The volvo is a nice truck but they bought in bulk and they are always breaking down. My last truck was an 05 volvo 660 which had 80,000 miles and the top end on the engine had to be rebuilt, due to non driver issues. Springdale is the main terminal and they best staff is there and those drivers are given the best runs. You will here alot that they jsut killed and it will be at least 24 hrs before they can make the product for my load. The owner operators do really well and they get the trailers and loads first then the company drivers. I would of loved to stay but $70 a day to sit in a truck stop was getting old, but when I was running I was running but then hurry up and wait. Any questions just ask
Old 10-05-2006, 09:00 PM
Rookie

Thanks for the info Mike you are real helpful. Do you know if they slip seat at Springdale? Also where did you run? The driver I talked to from the Springdale terminal said he ran a lot of east coast then west coast during the winter or does each terminal service different areas. You said the new office wasn't gettin you home when you asked? So I guess you are saying if you were going to drive for Tyson the best place is out of the Springdale terminal? Thanks again Mike.