User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2006, 08:10 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Maverick Questions

Hello All,
Been browsing the forums for a while now and I have a couple of questions that maybe a someone can answer about Maverick.
1- How much is the health insurance per week for a family of 4?
2- Can you drive a POV to orientation, and if so, do they pay mileage or just the cost of a bus ticket?
3- Since most of their drivers get home weekly, what does the trainee do on weekends?
4-If the trainer is at home on the weekend, do they want you to camp out in the truck or will they pay for hotel?
5-What are the requirements for completing training (as in so many miles, so many loads, trainer says you're good to go)?
Thanks in advance to all,
Doug
Old 09-12-2006, 08:27 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Maverick

Look (search archcives ) for posts by "Skills" here and at truck.net. Also see his blog at truck.net. He went thru their training and is in a company truck now. BOL
Old 09-12-2006, 09:36 PM
Board Icon

Just as Sealord said,you can search the forums. I believe that Deere29 drives for Maverick. There are also a few others here that drive for Maverick,so maybe in a couple days,once they get a chance to get online,maybe they can help ya out. You might email your questions to Maverick,or just give em a call,and ask them.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:44 AM
Rookie
Default Maverick questions

I know a couple of answers to your questions. But not all heres what I know from talking to recruiter. 1 Bus ticket only to school but I think you can still drive. its at a regular school. 2 Ins is around $69 and change for family. per week. 3 you get hotel paid and 100 bucks for the weekend. while trainer gets hometime. unless your trainer lives near you. 4 I dont really know what the requierments for going solo. its 3 to 6 weeks is all they wood say.
I am pretty sure you can go home as long as your back in plenty of time to meet your trainer.

Hope this helps. I am on the waiting list. That is the part I hate its like 2 to 3 months from now. Im about a month away now.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:47 AM

Hey Skills, Deere29: Can you help out, I'm in the same boat, awaiting date with Maverick, told them I would be ready around November...Sent them my notarized letter for time unemployed since retirement...Looked for the Archive but couldn't find it on this forum...

Thanks/Semper Fi

Tillerman
Old 09-13-2006, 04:32 AM
Rookie
Default Re: Maverick questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerhunter
I 1 Bus ticket only to school but I think you can still drive. its at a regular school. I am pretty sure you can go home as long as your back in plenty of time to meet your trainer.

Hope this helps. I am on the waiting list. That is the part I hate its like 2 to 3 months from now. Im about a month away now.
I guess you mean a bus ticket only if you are going to CDL school thru them, right? I hope so because I would hate to have to ride a bus. Last bus ride I took was from San Fran to San Diego. I think I rode with all the extras from "Desperado". Nobody but me spoke a bit of english.

I was told around 2 weeks wait for a trainer but I got my CDL 2 weeks ago at a local CC and had applied before I started school.

Thanks for the info
Old 09-14-2006, 06:55 PM
Rookie

no need to finish, just found out I'm DQ'D. Only honorable discharges from the military need apply.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:56 AM
Rookie
Default DOT Testing

Just a quick question for the Maverick folks out there... How do they work out the DOT exam? If I already have one that is current then would they accept that? or do I have to go through getting examination and drug test?

Thanks in advance,

David
Old 09-15-2006, 04:58 PM
Rookie

Ok They will give you a bus ticket to North Little Rock, AR. If you have to go to ASU New Port (School) they will provide transportation there. If you decried to drive your self then they will reinverse you for the amount of the bus ticket. You will be paid $500 a week when you are with your trainer and yes you live to far away from your trainer, they will get you a hotel room for the weekend near you trainers house and an extra $100. You will stay with your trainer for 3 to 6 weeks it is your trainers decision when he thinks you are ready. You will them go back to Little Rock and test out in load securement and driving. If you do not need to go out with a trainer (CDL + more than 6 months current driving) you will be paid $100 dollars a day for extended training to learn load securement. I pay about $100 per week for health, dental, cancer and extra life insurance. I was on a waiting list for 3 months before I was sent to school. If you have any more questions feel free to PM me.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:24 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: DOT Testing

Quote:
If I already have one that is current then would they accept that? or do I have to go through getting examination and drug test?
You more than likely will have to go to one of their prefered doctors for another exam,I have had to go even after had mine in the last month,this is done to make sure that you don't have a freind that is a doctor and lets you slip by(my guess).