View Poll Results: So who would you get into bed with?
Swift 18 29.51%
Werner 10 16.39%
Neither 33 54.10%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2006, 08:42 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

As an old MS driver: I had the following;

So
Well,
I'm
F****d
Today.
Old 03-04-2006, 01:55 PM

I'm not trying to offend anyone here but, I worked for Hunter Wrecker in Charlotte for several years before getting tired of going out cleaning up wrecks, now I'm a just a full time trucker, but over the years of driving a wrecker we would get more calls from Swift than any other trucking company, for their drivers either being stuck or turned over in a curve somewhere, it's like just about every time we would get a screwed up pain in the azz call somewhere, when we would get there the name Swift would be all over it..

We all just figured that Swift just drew all their drivers from the bottom of the deck..
Old 03-04-2006, 02:05 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Swift

I never knew what the right side of a Swift truck looked like until I started getting paid by the hour! :lol: Now I just drive 55 and laugh all the way to the bank :P
Old 03-04-2006, 02:18 PM
Default Re: Swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollarshort
I never knew what the right side of a Swift truck looked like until I started getting paid by the hour! :lol: Now I just drive 55 and laugh all the way to the bank :P

I'm used to seeing the right side of a Swift truck laying flat on the ground..
Old 03-04-2006, 03:26 PM
BANNED
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_TRUCKER
Quote:

Swift is not the only company that has accidents.. however, anytime an accident involves a swift truck, its talked about and added to the stereotype. I run 48 states and i come accross alot of accidents that involve, Werner, Interstate dist., JB, heartland, GTI, knight, Owner ops and private carriers from all over the nation. but even as i go by, not a single driver talks about that "other guy" and how stupid or irresponsible that driver was. its always reserved for swift.

i am now in habits of taking pictures of all these so called pro's. to show, that its just not swift. Mainly i do this for my own research, 7 times out of 10, the tractor is always an owner operator, be it leased or private.

With that in mind, i suggest you all do the math and look long and hard at ratio's and statistical factors. Swift is the largest carrier, with well over 26,000 tractors and 77,000 trailers in its fleet over all. on any given day at pretty much any given time, day or night, theres roughly 18,000 truck combinations with drivers behind the wheel rolling down the road.. yes even while you naysayers and nitpickers are sleeping in truckstops beside another swift truck doing the same, for every one Swift truck taking a mandatory rest in a truck stop or rest area. there are roughly 30 more swift trucks that will roll past his location in either direction to all points destination while that one truck sleeps for a 10 hour period.

Crazy you think? actually its downright impressive. We have all the freight, all the miles. thats right along with all the "Can do" attitudes it takes to to see it all work like a well oiled machine. thats impressive too.

now, think for yourself. that many trucks, drivers miles and hours. We could have 100 accidents per month and still not be near the same statistical ratios at say the company that has 300 or 500 trucks. think about the company that may have 12 trucks... one accident and that company is screwed dont you think.

Some of the best drivers in the industry, drive for swift. and no one can deny that. I have seen them sort of drivers and meet them personally, everyday out there. seldom do i meet a driver with another company that has the skills in maneuvering, backing, courtesy and dedication to the job he/she does, than that of a positive and happy swift driver. Swift drivers are at the ready to help more drivers on the road at any moment than any other company driver or owner op out there. most importantly, 90% of the swift trucks out there today, are equipped to help in emergency and roadside repairs as well.

its not uncommon for a swift drivers offer of lending a hand to someone is refused, just because that hand is embarrased in himself that a swift driver could possibly do something for or better than himself. I know this for fact, it happens to me everyday, one clearly needs help, but then they see name on my shirt, hat and even truck, and they get all panicky.

I surely hope at least someone takes something positive from my little post here. I make it a point to study things like this. after all, I cannot quit working for swift until the stereotype is fixed. and i can only do that one driver at a time and hope they pay it forward. basically it looks like i will most likely die of old age here at swift. but i can dream cant i.

now, bring on some more of them swift jokes and sayings. i like to keep a listing of new ones i hear just because ...they are funny. and if you cant laught at things directed toward you, then your just not a very happy person are you. 8)
Old 03-04-2006, 05:16 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokk
Quote:
Quote:

Swift is not the only company that has accidents.. however, anytime an accident involves a swift truck, its talked about and added to the stereotype. I run 48 states and i come accross alot of accidents that involve, Werner, Interstate dist., JB, heartland, GTI, knight, Owner ops and private carriers from all over the nation. but even as i go by, not a single driver talks about that "other guy" and how stupid or irresponsible that driver was. its always reserved for swift.
This is pretty darn true.
Most of the accidents I see are the private carriers and O/O`s
Although most all of the overturned big trucks from the big companys I see is unfortunatly SWIFT...
Old 03-04-2006, 10:29 PM
Senior Board Member

Bravo Rokk, I was just about to mention the statistics - the first time I used that argument, the lunch counter got quiet until someone changed the topic 8)

As for the acronyms, keep 'em coming boys... I've still not seen a fresh one! I'm sure *one* of you has got to have at least one I've not heard! :wink:
Old 03-04-2006, 10:38 PM

"SWIFT"

If no one else will hire you.

"SWIFT"

Requirements for hiring.

1. C.D.L. Drivers license.

2. Must have a pulse.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 03-04-2006, 10:43 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
"SWIFT"

If no one else will hire you.

"SWIFT"

Requirements for hiring.

1. C.D.L. Drivers license.

2. Must have a pulse.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wrong. You don't need a license, that's what the academy is for. :wink:

NC, you're getting less and less creative... come on man, I know you have to have something in you somwhere that's not just regurgitated off a CB radio somewhere... I have faith in you man