View Poll Results: Do you believe in God?
Yes 127 75.60%
No 30 17.86%
I'm not sure. 11 6.55%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2007, 03:12 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
So far your civility has insinuated that because I do not choose your version on an imaginary friend in the sky

So what DO you choose?
I chose to not be re-edited to make your stupid points, why did you just happen to misplace the fact that you stated that because I do not choose your god that I will cheat on my wife, steal from my children and of course not care that one religious nut murders millions of humans who simply does not follow his religion? Slip you mind?

Quote:
If you state that I'm insinuating that you don't differentiate between Hitler and rain....then I must assume that you are an atheist since that is the only world view that would support that.
Hey, It’s your stupid comparison.. not mine. I know the difference and I do not need some excuse like a crucified Jew who died over 2000 years ago. If you need that mental crutch to fit in and feel superior, knock yourself out!
Quote:
And the point, sparky, is that as an atheist....it does not matter what you do in this world because there is nothing to hold you responsible...no higher moral (yes moral) standard other than what you impose as your own personal god.
So you’re still trying to make the point that religion equate someway to morality and peace in society? Ever try cracking a history book? There is nothing anywhere to prove that religion equals anything but misery for those who are subjected to it.

Quote:
As an atheist the world is as you want it to be and then it ends...poof.
Not at all, the world is what it is for everyone. Godless, and God followers.
Quote:
So yes, the fact that Hitler lived and did the atrocities that he did...to an atheist...should not matter. If it does...then why?
You sure seem to get off discussing Hitler and seem rather confused about humanity. There are plenty of “godless” races out there who do rather well without it.

Quote:
That smacks of a moral law, that there is some "goodness standard" that Hitler is held up against...and if YOU believe that...whoo hoo, great for you. But the atheist next to you can have the opposite feeling and that is EQUALLY valid since there is no other standard to hold to.
You’re simply raving and off base. To even infer that Atheists cannot tell between right and wrong is completely daft and of course elitist, but I’ve also grown accustom to that with your type.

Quote:
I cant seem to get that thru to you that (if you actually drilled down) atheism is an extremely tough way to live a life. So I doubt you are one and are just arguing for the sake of argument.
You cannot “get it through to me” because you argument is spurious and not logically nor historically valid. You've obviously learned about Atheists like most backwoods religious folks learn about homosexuals.. the selective and happy ignorance is astounding.

Quote:
Now if you DO believe in God then we will have an entirely different discussion and probably agree on many points. I am still holding to the point of the difference between one who believes in a God and one who doesn't.
You believe that god is a being, I do not, you also believe a lot of other strange and nutty things about other people, this also is no shock.

Quote:
Look up the world morals and find the root, then get back with me on why that's comical
Why do you bring up the original latin root of a word in this discussion? It has nothing to do with the meaning of the word today. I choose to use it as it is used today...is that ok with you?
Quote:
mor·al r-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[mawr-uhl, mor-] Pronunciation Key -
–adjective 1. of, pertaining to, or concerned with the principles or rules of right conduct or the distinction between right and wrong; ethical: moral attitudes.
Try the Greek word, it comes from the god Ethos which brought the world ethics. Too bad the religious folk care less about ethics that their pretend friend in the sky…

Quote:
Fozzy wrote:
I do not believe in your version nor that life and death means a beginning and or end of something.. it doesn't.
That sounds like some sort of statement of belief....is it? So what do you believe in there Mr Fozzy?[/quote]

Still can’t grasp it can you? Again, you cannot think freely because you have chosen servitude and slavery to another man’s concept.. you poor thing!
Old 07-30-2007, 04:04 AM
Senior Board Member

Fozzy wrote
Quote:
You believe that god is a being, I do not
I guess you DO believe in a god...more an Eastern god from what you said. It was like surgery get that out of you...a simple reply on what you believe in would have worked as well.

As I am starting to detect some foaming of the mouth in the replys, I am done for a while. But it's good to know that you do believe in a god.....one thing is certain, and that is that we ALL are going to find out for sure one day. And that, sparky, is one point we can both agree on.

Peace-out
Old 07-31-2007, 12:07 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geomon

I guess you DO believe in a god...more an Eastern god from what you said. It was like surgery get that out of you...a simple reply on what you believe in would have worked as well.
No, it wouldn't have... And again I do not believe in the Eastern version of a god either.

Quote:
As I am starting to detect some foaming of the mouth in the replys, I am done for a while.
Try wiping off you chin then. The only person foaming is yourself.

Quote:
But it's good to know that you do believe in a god.....one thing is certain, and that is that we ALL are going to find out for sure one day. And that, sparky, is one point we can both agree on.
You have no idea what you are talking about ... still.

Quote:
Peace-out
Usually when the religious zealots are around peace is out... out of the question.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:56 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
Quote:
I notice you didn't touch the prophecy's..hmm..
Quote:
Because they are irrelevant and of course a product of your religious choice. I did not discuss the lopping off the end of one's genitals to make some divine being happy either.
Ok Fozzy How are they irrelevant?
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 07-31-2007, 11:44 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimland

How relevant is the whole 72 Virgins after martyrdom, thing to you? The belief in prophecy is only relevant to someone one believes in the concept.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:03 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
How relevant is the whole 72 Virgins after martyrdom, thing to you? The belief in prophecy is only relevant to someone one believes in the concept.
To me the 72 virgins is irrelevant.. But the prophecy's in question have and will happend.. Can you explain that? or do I need to be more precise?
What I mean is, on the prophecy thread, wich I thankyou for leaving alone on your own free will.. Redeemed and a few others have talked of these and we see the fulfillment of most of these in the past.. Your take if your up to it?
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 08-01-2007, 09:06 PM
Board Regular

How many people have died in this world over numerous wars because of religious beliefs. The current gulf war can be argued that it is over oil :roll: and big business but in reality it is still a war over religion. This is my problem, if people would just believe in what they want and not try to force it upon other people and societies than the world would be a better place.

My self: I am a Christian, but there are alot of problems that I see in the world, caused by different beliefs. If I say the sky is green then I will surely have 100's of people willing to debate that fact with me, but if it my BELIEF than let me believe what I want, it is not affecting you so don't shove your opinions and interpretaions of the Bible down my throat. The one thing that I know about the Bible is that for every time someone has tried to slay me with a verse, I was able to find a contradicting one to theirs. Same book different interpretations.

I will let this go now and will not post on this subject any longer because I refuse to argue opinions with people. It is like failing a test in school that was based on personal opinions -- If it is based on my beliefs and my opinions than in my mind it is correct, everyone else can have their own just let me have mine.

And Fozzy my sincere best wishes and gratitude for your son on his deployment in Oct.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:23 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
To me the 72 virgins is irrelevant.. But the prophecy's in question have and will happend.. Can you explain that? or do I need to be more precise?
What I mean is, on the prophecy thread, wich I thankyou for leaving alone on your own free will.. Redeemed and a few others have talked of these and we see the fulfillment of most of these in the past.. Your take if your up to it?
And there are those sitting in a freakin tent somewhere in some sand dune or oasis that are JUST as sure that their relative, neighbor, or some other fool who died as a Martyr is as we speak is enjoying the fruits of his dedication. There are millions of people who think that for their religion's sake 2+2 = 5 and it will not be questioned! To me religion is nothing more than the adult version of the emperor's new clothes, no one DARE be different or have a differing opinion lest they be seen as "different" or in this case "ungodly".
Old 08-01-2007, 09:33 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:

Although I'm not a Muslim, I DO believe in the concept and prophesey of the 72 virgins that await Islamic Martyrs; furthermore, I believe that they will all look like Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Janet Reno, Hillary Clinton, Rosie O'Donald, Roseanne Barr, and "Mimmie", from "The Drew Carrey Show" and have all the sex appeal of a lot lizard who hasn't bathed in two weeks!!
:P
Old 08-02-2007, 01:56 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
And there are those sitting in a freakin tent somewhere in some sand dune or oasis that are JUST as sure that their relative, neighbor, or some other fool who died as a Martyr is as we speak is enjoying the fruits of his dedication. There are millions of people who think that for their religion's sake 2+2 = 5 and it will not be questioned! To me religion is nothing more than the adult version of the emperor's new clothes, no one DARE be different or have a differing opinion lest they be seen as "different" or in this case "ungodly".
I see what you are saying, but I think we can get a little more detailed like the old days..

I would like to realy discuss this Fozzy, again are you up to it? I know your stance on religion, and for the most part I agree. And as for having a differing opinion, that is good also..
You know dang well that my intentions are for argument sake only. If your interested, we'll take it to another thread made for debate and discussion. I will see you there again if your up to it!

http://www.classadrivers.com/phpBB2/...ic.php?t=19369
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Closed Thread