Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2002, 04:04 PM
68-1010632524
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

:aktion071.gif:
The giant in New Mexico has shuttle service for the dudes who have to park out in the lower 40, what a place!
I found one yesterday in Charleston SC at exit 211a off of I 26
doesn't look like much from the road, but it too has shuttle service from the parking lot to the building and the best part it's clean, until the garbage shows up with pens in hand and too #### lazy to find the trash can. :aktion085:
Old 07-07-2002, 10:09 PM
countrysidecowboy2002

thank you chili bowel and moderator for your input!!come on ppl!!!i know you know of a cafe or truckstop off the beaten track,,,please open up and tell us here at classadrivers!! :aktion057:
Old 10-07-2002, 09:39 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

The Red Barn in Goehner Ne.

Only business in town. Serves great home cooked meals at a reasonable price. Goehner, NE is about 35 miles west of Lincoln, NE on I-80! Northside of the Interstate. Restaurant is the last street on the west side of town.

Now excuse me, I need to get back to :aktion057:
Old 01-24-2003, 06:45 PM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]i have acouple that i will keep to myself in hopes i having a spot to park in.But i have to add this Truck stops r good for only 1 thing and thats taking money from truck drivers.And for showers and parking but thats it and some places if u dont fuel the showers and the palce to park cost money.And to all u fat lazy truckers out there that cant seem to make time to stop to use a restroom,u know who u are the ones that use the gallon milk jug,and fill it full which means u had a jug of urine in your bedrrom for acouple of days(how sick is that)
with that aside y cant u at least put that jug in a trash can instead of setting it on the ground next to someone else rig,and pick your trash up too u guessed it the trash can.thats y these trucks stops have trash cans all over the place.And for those of u that choose not to bath while on the road,you stink you smell and theres no excuse for it all truck stops give free showers when u get 50gal or more of fuel,so stop making good clean truck drivers look bad take a bath and clean up after yourself.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-25-2003, 03:45 PM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]dont know exactly where its located some where on HWY 41 in In before you get to Evansville alittle mom and pop called joes filling station doesnt have any facilities like showers but the food is great you think your back in time when you walk in.everyone is friendly,service is great I myself have never liked any of the big truckstops always try to find the on off the beaten path[/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-25-2003, 04:17 PM
Flash Gordon1

[color=#000F22ost_uid0]Here's a tip for ya. Any truckstop that doesn't have vagrants and hookers![/colorost_uid0]
Old 06-01-2003, 04:24 PM
AirLeak

[color=#000000ost_uid0]The stinker station ext 13 I-84 in idaho throws a good feed. The cafe at N. powder, oregon is under new ownership, but they still have good grubins. Theres some rumors that the wagon wheel in durkee oregon is goin to open back up. The oasis in juntura oregon on US20/26, and the 76 at burns oregon have some good grubins also.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 06-02-2003, 01:05 AM
countrysidecowboy2002

[color=#000000ost_uid1]thanks for your input airleak!![/colorost_uid1]
Old 07-12-2003, 11:07 PM
Rookie

I used to stop at a truck stop in Connecticut The double eagle or the golden eagle or something like that. It's been alot of years since I have been on the road so I don't know if it is even still there. You had to buy fuel to park in thier lot and they had a buffet that was what seemed like several blocks long. I made sure I hit that truck stop everytime I got up in that area.
Old 01-02-2004, 07:54 AM
Alexx

My all-time favorite truckstop is one that I used to frequent back in the early 1990's, when I was a Canadian dedicated driver. I can't quite remember what the name of the place was, but it was one of those typical Canadian "highway stops" that catered to all travellers, trucks included. The place included a restaurant, motel, even a bar. Back then it was an Esso stop-who knows what it is now, though?

The place is located in Louiseville, PQ, at exit 174 on Autoroute 40 (also known as the "Autoroute Rive Nord"). From the outside it doesn't look like much, but the restaurant was incredible!! How many truckstops do you know that serve lobster bisque, steak tournados, rainbow trout, and black forest cake? Even the plain old "bifteque aves sauce bruin" was delicious. I gained 40 lbs during the year I drove Quebec, and this place is more responsible for that than anyplace else.

For those of you who find yourself on the road between Montreal and Quebec City (just a few clicks before Trois Rivieres), stop there and try the food. They have English menus for those who ask.