Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

hope to a few nice qiut clean one with an real resturant
Old 03-02-2007, 08:52 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I like Bosselman's, been to two of them, the one in des monies, ia and in ne near the wyoming boarder. as far as off name truckstops several come to mind, fernwood in lower miss and echos on i-85 north of atlanta. as far as just resturaunts with truck parking, the topaz lodge on us 395 on the nv/ca boarder gets my vote, awsome food, great view of the lake and a chance to get away from that truckstop lifestyle for just a short while.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:16 AM
Default stops

8) I don`t remember the name, but it is on I-80 in Wyoming ( west bound ) it sits on a little hill on the No. side if I remember right it is a few miles after you leave Nebraska, clean showers, great food (huge portions),cool little " local " bar for those that have time for a cold one, not a lot of parking but if you can get in it is clean and safe.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:19 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

madpuppy...I think you are talking about Burns Cenex...exit 386.

I always stop at the TA/Burns Bros. exit 377.

They are both dirt holes...but the time works out coming westbound from the Iowa 80....in Walcott, IA.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:25 PM
Senior Board Member

the one we always stop at is the cameo t/s I70 ex 47 co. great food real home cooking and the lady that owns and runs it is sweet, thay built it about 45 years ago. you got to love a place the has a sign as you come in the doos the said "their is NO none smoking area". don't know now that co has gone no smoking :shock: parking is so-so and the t/s is a dump but the food makes up for it.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:49 AM
Board Regular

Jubitz in Portland, Oregon. Couldn't believe that I was at a truck stop. It has game rooms, a motel, a movie theater, a restaurant to die for, a chocolate counter, a bar and the list goes on. It's at MM307 right before you go into Washington.

The best steak I've ever had is at a Restaurant next to the Sapp Brothers in Cheyenne, Wyoming. I believe it is at MM371. Wish I had my truck stop book to confirm the correct MM. They douse the steak with Lemon Salt and Mortons Seasoning Salt. It beats any steak I've had including that famous place in Amarillo where you get a 72 oz. steak for free if you can eat it and all the fixins. I thought their steak was way over priced.

For the best chicken any where including restaurants, I say Little America, Wyoming. They have the most awesome broasted chicken and potato salad I've ever had. You get a roll, cole slaw and 1/2 a chicken for under $6. It's actually located in the fuel isle store as opposed to the gift store by the motel. The gift stores at the Little Americas' have some of the nicest gifts I've seen any where including expensive boutiques.

For pastry, I say MM112 in Illinois. The truck stop has tapestry carpeting just like the 1800's. You have to remind yourself that you are at a truck stop. They have a pastry counter and a fudge counter. Where on earth in these dumpy truck stops do you ever see those?

For the best seafood, it's a truck stop in Louisianna by the name of Tiger. Can't remember the MM but it's awesome and love that corn bread. As you can see there's a theme going on here-where ever the awesome food is is the best truck stop for me.

Honorable Mention: Pinon, Colorado-awesome Mexican Food.