lumpers' ripoff 5 7.35%
Other (reply below) 9 13.24%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2004, 03:06 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Hey, bluebeetle. I wouldn't mind paying a small fee for a truckers only truck stop. I do see a few problems with doing it though. First, even if the place is small(say aroud 25 acres) you will need more than one security guard or else "undesirables" will get in. Second, Doc mentioned a few "professionals" could have that place looking like a landfill in a few weeks, so trash would be an issue. Third, and perhaps most importantly, financing the whole operation. The fee to get in wouldn't be enough to cover the day to day expenses, let alone all the crap uncle sam is going to tag you with. I know that eventually someone is going to get lawsuit happy, and smack you with a big fat discrimination lawsuit. Though a way around this would be to make it a private club. Anyone from any walk of life could apply, but the application would be subject to a review process. I mean hey, you can't be responcible if someone didn't meet the high standards of acceptance for your club.
Old 05-31-2004, 06:13 AM
Default no lawsuits... no discrimination

being a 'CDL' class A or B is all that is needed.

one security person, 24/7 doing an 8 hour shift, scans your cdl and you holler at him when you pull into a numbered spot.

let them know before you leave and he can swing through the spot to ensure it's as pretty after as it was before. Like the boy scouts, leave it better than you found it and all will benefit.

cdl holders who do not abide get a ding, passed from one cdl camp site to the next on one big computer board. Every cdl holder could look at his own reprot card, and also rate the facility and the gate keepers.

you would not be violating the 6 or 7 cardinal rules regarding discrimination. also, since you are not getting 'federal funds' there is no risk to losing support.

Support could be tagged back to the trucking companies based on the number of drivers using the facilities. Trucking companies would benefit knowing their drivers are parked in a safe, secure and legal place.

every body wins. cdl holders could pay an annual fee for nationwide service or maybe a reduced fee for specific lanes they run, as some would not like to pay for a stop in montana when they only run midwest to the southeast, or you know what i mean.

so bluebeatle, if this takes off, just send me a buck a month for the rest of my life when you become a millionaire (did i spell that big word right?) guess you know i'll never be there...

:lol:
Old 01-18-2008, 03:13 AM
Senior Board Member

This is a very very old thread, But I just wanted to say...My gripe would be Dispatchers. or...CB language, the things people talk about. It's a small world after all. :roll:
Old 01-18-2008, 06:19 AM
Senior Board Member

Attitdes of drivers. Go flip buirgers if you hate your job so bad. Too many whiners out here. Not a majority, but the minority that does whine takes it too far and has everyone and their mother to blame for anything.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho
But, I do like my dispatcher! I've been shopping on line at Cement vests.com looking for just the right item and give it to him at his birthday party, which is going to be held by the Delaware river. I understand it's going to be a big SPLASH!!

Sorry brother I couldn't resist!!!!

Aahahahahahahahha !
Old 02-01-2008, 05:22 AM