Other (reply below) 9 13.24%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2002, 07:43 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

It's not just the truck drivers. A lot of people might be in there cleaning up the kid that sh** his pants, throwing up, or just plain chasing flies with the piss stream.

People are just plain pigs. Not just drivers, people in general.
Old 11-07-2002, 07:59 PM
68-1010632524
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Gee boss, a little upset over this subject????

Unfortunately, all the above is true and then some :angry:

I would love to see the homes that these pieces of human waste live in....Although it wouldn't surprise me, that they come from way up there middle class and have a maid or cleaning lady picking up after their sorry asses :angry:

Edited By Doctor Who on Nov. 07 2002 at 3:01
Old 01-24-2003, 07:02 PM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Now that im out on my own my biggest gripe i have is right now is my dispatchers she doesnt seem to want to answer anything in a timely manner.(yes im in the process of firing her)But i have to add this Truck stops r good for only 1 thing and thats taking money from truck drivers.And for showers and parking but thats it and some places if u dont fuel the showers and the place to park cost money.And to all u fat lazy truckers out there that cant seem to make time to stop to use a restroom,u know who u are the ones that use the gallon milk jug,and fill it full which means u had a jug of urine in your bedroom for acouple of days(how sick is that)
with that aside y cant u at least put that jug in a trash can instead of setting it on the ground next to someone else's rig,where some people bring their kids on the road they have to walk by it too and trip on it.and pick your trash up too u guessed put it in the trash can.thats y these trucks stops have trash cans all over the place.And for those of u that choose not to bath while on the road,you stink you smell and theres no excuse for it !!all truck stops give free showers when u get 50gal or more of fuel,so stop making good clean truck drivers look bad take a bath and clean up after yourself.not bathing cannot be healthy and its not setting a good example.truck drivers have a bad enough image,we can change that just by bein clean and driving safe.so 4 all of u out there that drive 10 or 20 miles over the speed limit and then get on the back of a 4 wheeler doin the speed limit dont ask or wonder y its easy for a trucker to b blamed for an accident he diddnt cause.u drivers are the ones that make it easy for them to blame us.now more power to ya when the roads clear and u choose to speed just dont climb on top of a 4 wheeler cause them idiots are in the hammer lane doin 65 in a 65 zone ,youre the idiot sir when you are doin 80 or 70 in a 65 zone.u also lose the right to wonder y truckers get a bad rap.so quit your bitchin bout that too.try not to put the fear of god in a 4 wheeler just because hes doin the speed limit and you want to cause an accident cause your truck dont have no governer on it.10/4 put partof you brain in your right foot right[/colorost_uid0]
Old 01-25-2003, 09:06 AM
Senior Board Member

[color=#8D38C9ost_uid0]<span style='font-family:trebuchet ms'>Uh, Stamper you're not upset or anything are you??

All kidding aside, you do bring up a laundry list of complaints that are right on...I think I ranted about the same thing in another thread up the page...It had something to do about change in trucking or something like that.

It is good to know that the real Professionals are now taking a stand and working to change the TARNISHED image trucking now has...Who knows maybe the trucker will be once again looked upon as the Knight of the Highway, instead of a Third Class Citizen that can be kicked around without any recourse!!!!</span> :veryangry:[/colorost_uid0]

Old 01-30-2003, 12:15 PM
Senior Board Member

[color=#000000ost_uid0]So let's ask a question?

If there was a "koa camp" like place that offered shower facilities, concrete parking spaces that were 10-15 feet apart, electrical hookups, laundry and vending facilities and was enclosed with fence and had a security guard at the entrance/exit, would a driver be willing to pay a small fee to use this area as opposed to a truck stop?

Just a marketing thought![/colorost_uid0]
Old 01-30-2003, 12:31 PM
Senior Board Member

[color=#8D38C9ost_uid0]<span style='font-family:courier'>Beetle, you're not looking for a fight are you??

First some of the Major Players as far as truck stops go are starting to charge for parking...The drivers are whining now about that!!!!

Let's look at the KOA, not far from the KGB, but that's another thread entirely!!! If the powers that be at KOA lose their senses and allow 18s to park in the campgrounds the motorhome contingent will be UP IN ARMS and turn in their "Good Sam" memberships in protest. Yes these are the same people who take up TRUCKS ONLY parking spaces in the rest areas and camp out all night, while the TIRED trucker is chased away after an hour or two. Something wrong with that scenario, but what do I know!?!?!?!

No Bill, I doubt very much the marketing aspect will work as far as trucks parking at KOA sites, it'll only take a week or two and all the problems that are plaguing truck stops and parking lots will crop up and the KOA and the motorhome contingent will swamp their congress people to pass more INSANE laws against the trucking industry!!!

The only true solution to this...The drivers have to clean up their own act first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</span>[/colorost_uid0]

Old 01-31-2003, 09:54 AM
Senior Board Member

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Doc I agree that drivers need to clean up their acts first. But let me clarify the concept. The "koa' type had more to do with an understanding of what the area would look like. THERE WOULD BE NO CAMPERS/AUTOMOBILES ALLOWED!

The idea would be for the driver to pull into a spot that would give him ample clearance (10-15 on each side) so that it would cut down on the accident/incidents. The reason for the security shack would be to keep the unwanted crap from getting in, (lizards/dealers/thugs)!

That might help in the answering of the marketing question.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 01-31-2003, 10:24 AM
Senior Board Member

[quoteost_uid0="bluebeetle"][color=#000000ost_uid0] The "koa' type had more to do with an understanding of what the area would look like. THERE WOULD BE NO CAMPERS/AUTOMOBILES ALLOWED!

so that it would cut down on the accident/incidents. The reason for the security shack would be to keep the unwanted crap from getting in, (lizards/dealers/thugs)!

That might help in the answering of the marketing question.[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#8D38C9ost_uid0]Bill, it sounds good in Theroy and I do agree in part with what you proposed. Here comes the dreaded "HOWEVER"(see next line)

However, it wouldn't take very long for a few "Professionals" to turn the place into a landfill, guard or no guard!!! Plus, it also wouldn't take long before some Upper Middle Class person with their 60' Motorhome to object to the restrictions and claim discrimination and the parking dilemma starts all over again...

I don't want you to think I'm picking on you, however it is in my nature to be the counter-point person.

Maybe in the near future I'll call you so you can trash me out on the phone ::[/colorost_uid0]

Old 01-31-2003, 12:26 PM
Senior Board Member

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Please I don't mind the counter point aspect Doc. That is why I propose the ideas. My curse for being a half full idea guy!

Besides if you didn't play the devil's advocate this board would just be to darn rosey![/colorost_uid0]
Old 01-26-2004, 01:29 PM

Best thing for them to do would b to increase the size of rest area and then enforce parking,the guy drivin a straight truck(uhauls) should park where the four wheelers are parked,they (and most already do but they dont use em)buses rv should have their own spot and b asked to leave when takin up a truckers spot also start writin tickets to the 4wheeler for beeing parked in a trucks spot.That and i ve seen alot of old rest areas that have been shut down,fine no bathroom why not make a big parking lot out of the land that rest areas was at and bam give a tired trucker a place to park.anyways im done.well 1 more if every cdl holder got together and contacted their congress and senators,that my friend will b the only way to see some decent changes,but above all in large most of how people feel about is what they c and speeding smelly truckers dont help the hurt,to the drivers leaving a milk jug full of urine y not post your home address im sure us truckers that stop to use the toilet would love to leave you a lawn present.place your jugs where they belong in the trash,not in parking lots not in rest area s on the ground not on the sides of americas roads.g-day 2 you all