User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2008, 10:32 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimland
Would you guys do me the honor of ansering a question?
Please entertain the thought that, there was a whole bunch of evedience and absolut proof, that they have found Noah's Ark, I mean to the point that there is no denying it---What would y'all think, and would it change anything?

I don't mean would you believe in Christianity, though that question would have to be asked--But I want How it would affect the world, and your mind?

Thanks
Slimland
The whole premise is laughable and of course fodder for children's fairy tales. you would have trouble fitting all of the worlds species of insects alone into a building the size of the Superdome.. There is no way that a craft of that size could be built let alone survive the rigors of the "great flood". And just as the Adam and Eve scenario... the gene pool problems would also be a problem.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:23 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker
Quote:
Please entertain the thought that, there was a whole bunch of evedience and absolut proof, that they have found Noah's Ark, I mean to the point that there is no denying it---What would y'all think, and would it change anything?

I don't mean would you believe in Christianity, though that question would have to be asked--But I want How it would affect the world, and your mind?

Thanks
Slimland
Quote:
Okay. Here's what I want to know.

What is the age of the specimen, and how well does it follow the "TIME-LINE" of the Bible. It's HARD EVIDENCE that can be compared against the written word and either varify or correct the time frame. I suspect it will correct it.

Also, keep in mind that they did not only follow the Bible, but also the KURAN. Both make reference to it. Not a standard to determine which one is correct.
I wasn't thinking of those aspects Windwalker, I meant just what if the story was true, would that affect anything for you personaly, and how do you think it would affect the world?

Not only does the bible and the kuran talk of it, but also most major mythology's. They almost all have a flood in there somewhere.
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 02-04-2008, 02:28 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
Quote:

Thanks
Slimland
Quote:
The whole premise is laughable and of course fodder for children's fairy tales. you would have trouble fitting all of the worlds species of insects alone into a building the size of the Superdome.. There is no way that a craft of that size could be built let alone survive the rigors of the "great flood". And just as the Adam and Eve scenario... the gene pool problems would also be a problem.
So Fozzy is that a NO. :lol:
Sorry my simpletonizm musta kicked it. :lol:

Comeon Fozz just entertain the thought.

As for fitting all those species, maybe he didn't have to on the insects, it would take nothin for God to replenish the earth with those.. Not to mention, what about eggs, of the insects..and the Dinosaurs, could have been little lizards we know now, just don't grow as big anymore. Maybe{ shruggs shoulders} just thinking if I can kinda give a little push maybe you could at least tell me how it would affect the world. If it would at all.
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 02-05-2008, 02:32 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Slim

I've never had any doubt about either the flood or the ark. Like you said, every mythology has a story about it. Even the native Americans have a story about a great flood and a "great canoe".

What I do find to be very curious, is that the Bible talks about Noah in the "third person". Noah was told by GOD.. Noah built the ark...

In ancient "SUMARIAN TEXT, they have found and deciphered the "EPOCK OF GILGAMESH. I was told by GOD... I built the ark....

The SUMARIAN TEXT is the only one I've ever heard of that was written in the "FIRST PERSON".

And, FOZZY, you might enjoy this link...... http://www.daimon.ch/3856305238_2I.htm

Old 04-03-2008, 02:28 AM
Senior Board Member

The Kingdom 'braces for nuclear war'

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id...onid=351020104

Saudi Arabia is reportedly preparing to counter any 'radioactive hazards' which may result from a US strike on Iran's nuclear plants.

Popular government-guided Saudi newspaper Okaz recently reported that the Saudi Shura Council approved of nuclear fallout preparation plans only a day after US Vice President Dick Cheney met with the Kingdom's high ranking officials, including King Abdullah.

As a result of the Shura ruling, the Saudi government will start the implementation of 'national plans to deal with any sudden nuclear and radioactive hazards that may affect the Kingdom following expert warnings of possible attacks on Iran's Bushehr nuclear reactors'.

As the details of Cheney's recent discussions with his Arab allies remain unclear, pundits have begun to question the timing of the drastic measure by the Shura.

Analysts claim the Bush administration had long rattled sabers with Iran over its nuclear program and is now informing its Arab allies of a potential war, in turn, allowing them to take precautionary measures.

With the sudden resignation of Admiral William Fallon, a high-ranking US military official who was a fierce critic of White House war rhetoric against Iran, and reports of the recent deployment of a US nuclear submarine in the Persian Gulf; there is speculation that Washington is moving forward with yet another war plan in the oil-rich Middle East.
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 04-03-2008, 02:31 AM
Senior Board Member

Researchers: Asteroid Destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,.../scitech/space

A clay tablet that has baffled scientists for 150 years has been identified as a witness's account of the asteroid suspected of being behind the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah.

Researchers who cracked the cuneiform symbols on the Planisphere tablet believe that it recorded an asteroid thought to have been more than half a mile across.

The tablet, found by Henry Layard in the remains of the library in the royal place at Nineveh in the mid-19th century, is thought to be a 700 B.C. copy of notes made by a Sumerian astronomer watching the night sky.

He referred to the asteroid as a "white stone bowl approaching" and recorded it as it "vigorously swept along."

Using computers to recreate the night sky thousands of years ago, scientists have pinpointed his sighting to shortly before dawn on June 29 in the year 3123 B.C.

About half the symbols on the tablet have survived and half of those refer to the asteroid. The other symbols record the positions of clouds and constellations. In the past 150 years scientists have made five unsuccessful attempts to translate the tablet.

Mark Hempsell, one of the researchers from Bristol University who cracked the tablet's code, said: "It's a wonderful piece of observation, an absolutely perfect piece of science."

He said the size and route of the asteroid meant that it was likely to have crashed into the Austrian Alps at Köfels. As it traveled close to the ground it would have left a trail of destruction from supersonic shock waves and then slammed into the Earth with a cataclysmic impact.

Debris consisting of up to two-thirds of the asteroid would have been hurled back along its route and a flash reaching temperatures of 400 Centigrade (752 Fahrenheit) would have been created, killing anyone in its path.

About one million sq kilometers (386,000 sq miles) would have been devastated and the impact would have been equivalent to more than 1,000 tons of TNT exploding.

Dr Hempsall said that at least 20 ancient myths record devastation of the type and on the scale of the asteroid's impact, including the Old Testament tale of the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah and the ancient Greek myth of how Phaeton, son of Helios, fell into the River Eridanus after losing control of his father's sun chariot.

The findings of Dr. Hempsall and Alan Bond, of Reaction Engines Ltd., are published in a book, "A Sumerian Observation of the Köfels Impact Event."

The researchers say that the asteroid's impact would explain why at Köfels there is evidence of an ancient landslide 3 miles wide and a quarter of a mile thick.

Tale of devastation

"Then the Lord rained on Sodom and Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of Heaven; and he overthrew those cities and all the valley, and all the inhabitants of the cities ... [Abraham] looked down toward Sodom and Gomorrah and toward all the land of the valley, and beheld, and lo, the smoke of the land went up like the smoke of a furnace."
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart