View Poll Results: What do you think of Classadrivers.com/Espanol?
Good Move 2 9.09%
Bad Move 9 40.91%
Hate It 5 22.73%
Love It 0 0%
Could Care Less 6 27.27%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2005, 12:34 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

:roll: ... hum let's see ... America will take in Anybody from another country ... feed them .. shelter them ... clothes them ... give them medical help ... and free classes to learn our language and help them to get a job .... hummmmm .....

My ONLY son went over sea's to fight for Our freedom, because he feels loyal to our Country and was willing to lose his life, so that others could live free and continue to Think this is a free country ... (Thank You God for letting him come home in one piece ) .....I've always prided myself on being - - "open minded " ... BUT ...... somewhere we need to say - - " If your willing to move from another country and live in the USA .. You too must make a SACRIFICE andlearrn the language - called English :!: .... " this is a sore spot with me - Sorry :!: I will respect anyone that I meet, .... but Respect ME and MY country by speaking English.......... When my family came to America 90yrs ago .. they had to learn the language here in order to get a job and survive . Small price to pay - to live here ... wouldn't you say :?:

Sad to say .. it was a NON-English speaking person ... that caused the truck accident I was in years ago - - which sent me home to heal and I will never forget the feeling that went all over me, when I went to speak to that driver ... and he COULDN'T speak English .. daaaaa .... wonder how much He was able to really learn in school ... if he couldn't communicate with others :!: :evil: .... I'm not saying he had the accident because of his NON-ENGLISH speaking ability, but I sure do have to wonder if the LACK of his ability-played a part in being a Quality Driver ...

And from a Business stand point .... no doubt it's a good idea to translate this site and all of them in spanish ... business are all about making the - Money - ... this is a great site ..... .... But Enough is Enough :!:

Now that's my 2cents ... and I'm stickin to it ... :wink:

4roses
Old 10-18-2005, 12:56 AM
Senior Board Member
Default American first....

I am an American of Mexican descent but first and foremost American only. Born in the USA!!! I agree that foreigners get more help than we as born Americans do. I do not want a hand out. I work for a living. Why should we capitulate and keep stooping down and bending over backwards for those that are too lazy or stupid to learn the English language. I served this country for 10 yrs in my Marine Corps and I'll be damned if what I served for goes down the tubes because Mexico can't keep its people in check. Want to come over here? Ok but don't expect freebies, earn it like everyone else. By the way, I live on the US-Mexican border and it disgusts me to see how many easily it is to cross over illegally. To he$$ with political correctness, get the he$$ out of my country!!!! Sorry for the emotion but people that don't belong here illegally and want special treatment really irk me...
Old 12-07-2005, 08:31 PM
Board Regular

Great idea CAD, obviously drivers and driver recruiters are going to see the idea very differently. It's a matter of good business sense, the market is definitely changing and company's have to change with them it's not a question of agreeing or liking it, it's filling a need because the driver shortage is not going to get any better. Tolerance, you may be surprised!
Old 12-07-2005, 09:15 PM
Senior Board Member

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Old 12-10-2005, 09:32 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

We were offered both French and Spanish in High School. I graduated back in 1970. I learned both languages, and feel it's nice to be able to communicate with my neighbors...when I'm visiting in their Countries!
But I believe...when in Rome...do as the Roman's do.
My Mother is Italian...and had to learn English. My Father's Grandmother also lived with us, and was German. She too made the effort in her old age to speak English. I was very fortunate to learn their languages at an early age.
When I lived in South Texas for 6 years...I was very surprized children were graduating from U.S. High Schools without learning English very well at all. The Mexican population seem to be the only immigrating Nationality who seem to feel we should bend to their will. This does not do them any service. I feel we should be Bi-lingual to some extent...and respect each other as best we can. But...English should be the excepted norm...both in business and at public venues. Nothing wrong with U.S. children learning Spanish. Like I said at the beginning...I even was offered Spanish yeah many years ago...and I live as far from the Mexican border as most. The Mexican population here in the States, is growing and that is not going to stop. Nothing wrong with respecting each other...but the attitude that seems to prevail mainly with the Hispanic's is arrogant, and adversarial. I lived with them in South Texas. I think they feel they are the new "slave" population. Maybe, I'm wrong...but I think there is resentment.
People do like to keep whats fimiliar. When they move to a new location...they like to make it up like where they came from. I'm not okay with that either.
I wanna say...if you move to a new location...speak the language...learn to fit in with local customs...become a part of that community. When I moved to South Texas...I made every effort to BE SOUTH TEXAN. I hate it when people move to a new neighborhood and want to change it to their liking. That is disrespectful, shallow minded, and ignorant. Maybe that is the true source of their resentment. Not that they are a downtrodden victim. They just further alienate themselves, and the locals are they one's being disrespected.
A Spanish CAD? How you say...NO.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:42 PM
Senior Board Member
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

...Roadhog, I'm Hispanic. Read my post and see how I feel about this. There is no arrogance about me whatsoever. On the contrary, I treat everyone with respect as long as that respect is reciprocated. but I do agrre with you when you say that they come over here and want us to bend over backwards for them to accommodate them. I say sure, come on over but do it legally and wait in line like all other honest immigrants have done before them. Peace.