User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2013, 04:10 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
RD, I do believe your seriously mistaken about all other sports. Cycling is the worst of the worst for juicing, been that way for more than 30 years. Every cyclist has juiced but not everyone has been caught. I would bet the farm that not every baseball player or football player is juicing or juiced. Do you see race car drivers juicing? That is considered a sport and they get paid as much as 8 figures a year but they don't do that(a few do the hard drugs though.) How about soccer players, don't see any of them juicing. Can't say much about the NBA since their drug testing policy is like Comedy Central, a laugh a minute. I will give you that MLB and Cycling have made steroids and such all the rage and I agree it's sickening when it comes to how much they are being paid to play a game instead of doing a real job and cheating at said game. We need to care though, we need to care when someone gets busted and show them our displeasure. Simply ignoring them and not caring doesn't fix the problem.
ki

I didn't care one way or another before so I don't care now. I've never understood the 'fan' mentality be it sports or hollywood. Idolizing these people only encourages them to think they're entitled to behave any way they want. IMHO Armstrong is no different than Lindsay Lohan. Self destructive behavior shouldn't be national news.

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-20-2013, 09:25 PM
Board Icon

Ok I'm confused.............you didn't care, you still don't care yet your here to tell us you don't care and still don't care............

Maybe I'm wrong but it appears your not a sports fan, so why are you even here in the sports section if that is the case? For some of us, being a sports fan is an outlet to this stressed world some of us live in. Who here said anything about idolizing Armstrong? He didn't juice due to fans idolizing him, it has been suspected that he was juicing back when he first started riding, BEFORE the cancer hit him. He was a rather large guy with muscle, made Jan Ullrich look small. So to say it was caused by fans idolizing him and stoking his ego would be naive. Juicers in any sport that are caught were juicing long before the fame and fans came. Anyways, of the handfuls of cheaters who are disgraced after being caught or those who behave bad, I can name double the amount who never juiced or behaved badly yet were idolized by fans.

As for what Armstrong did and your belief it shouldn't be national news, he represented the US at the Olympics. IMO that makes it national news. Now if Bradley Wiggins were to be the one on the hot seat and it was all over the news here, then I'd concede your point on why it's national news when he's British.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:27 PM
Board Icon

The early return is that Lance could owe as much as $20+ million to people he sued and won along with endorsement deals for winning. That's only a few thus far, several others could join in and the number could jump as high as $60 million.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:04 PM
Board Icon

Now Lance is trying to tell everyone he's the fall guy in the whole scheme of doping. Well if that be the case then he needs to start squealing like a pig and name some names. Telling us your a "fall guy" and then not saying who's really to blame.............guess he thinks we are just that stupid. He even brought up the fact that the Tour de France and the sport of cycling has always been about cheating since at least 1904, the 2nd running of the Tour de France.

Mark Webber, current F1 driver for Red Bull Racing gave some insight into Lance Armstrong. Webber is big into cycling, and really liked Lance so much so that they became fairly close friends. One year Lance asked him to get him some tickets and such to the Monaco GP for him and his entourage. Webber was able to pull it off but because it was asked of so close to the event it was a semi tough task. Race day came and the entourage was there but Lance never showed. Afterwards Webber tried to find out what happened and never was able to get in touch with Lance. Instead of saying hey sorry I got sick or some other excuse he just never responded........great character he is. Webber's story seems to jive with what many others have stated about him.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:34 AM
Senior Board Member

bicycling really ? honestly who gives a flying turd that this punk cheated.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:14 PM
Board Icon

Well for starters the people that paid him a lot of money for tainted victories. He captured this countries imagination as a super hero. Simply riding in the Tour de France is a monumental task that the majority of people on this planet wouldn't understand or be able to complete a single stage. It's a marathon for 26 days on a bike.