User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2011, 06:14 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Tebow

You know, when Tebow was in College I couldn't stand him. I don't know if it was the old 'Everybody hates a loser, Nobody likes a winner' syndrome, or if he had done something in particular that I didn't like, I really don't know why I didn't care for him. But NOW, I love the guy. I think what the media is doing to him is reprehensible. Like no athlete before him has ever mentioned God? No athlete before him has never pointed to the sky, thanked God for what he has done for them, given thanks to God for the oppurtunity? How many fans have you seen with signs with scripture quotes? How many athletes have you seen with eye black with scripture quotes on them? Religious messages or images tattooed on their bodies? And on and on and on. Why doesn't the media "crucify" them like they have Tebow? Granted, he wears it on his sleeve but who are we to say HOW he wears it? He doesn't wear it any different than somebody from any of the examples above. The guy has been nothing but a winner his WHOLE LIFE! Look what he did the year they beat OU for the National Championship. Look how he carried the WHOLE team that year.

Did you know it was suggested to his Mother that she get an abortion with him? Look what we/the world would have missed.

I wish the guy NEVER lost another game just to drive the media crazy, but you know what? The first game he loses his detractors are going to say, "see......I told you he was a horrible QB". I have been a Dolphins fan my WHOLE life, but I am seriously considering a new "favorite" team, at least a "co-favorite" team. I hope he gets them to the Super Bowl, I may actually watch it this year.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:40 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertt View Post
I wish the guy NEVER lost another game just to drive the media crazy, but you know what? The first game he loses his detractors are going to say, "see......I told you he was a horrible QB".
Tebow is under a different media, than the media a decade or two ago.
The media today is largely Secular Progressive, and they have a political agenda.

I'm looking forward to the Brady/Tebow match up this Sunday.

Old 12-14-2011, 08:36 PM
Board Icon

I couldn't stand him in college and still can't stand him in the NFL. The college part I hated was his crybaby side. The NFL part I hate is the praising God stuff. Why not go ahead after every play and do it dingo? Do it once and quit, don't keep doing it, we got the point already.

He still sucks at QB no matter how many games he wins. Unless he gets better, you will never see him in Canton, Ohio just because he won some games. I do feel for John Fox but man he is a heck of a coach. I'm really angry that Jerry Richardson let him go from Carolina. Seeing as how he has changed not only his play calling but the team's psyche to fit Tebow's style and it's working.........god we look dumb for letting him go.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:14 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
I couldn't stand him in college and still can't stand him in the NFL. The college part I hated was his crybaby side. The NFL part I hate is the praising God stuff. Why not go ahead after every play and do it dingo? Do it once and quit, don't keep doing it, we got the point already.

He still sucks at QB no matter how many games he wins. Unless he gets better, you will never see him in Canton, Ohio just because he won some games. I do feel for John Fox but man he is a heck of a coach. I'm really angry that Jerry Richardson let him go from Carolina. Seeing as how he has changed not only his play calling but the team's psyche to fit Tebow's style and it's working.........god we look dumb for letting him go.

Again Mr Ford we agree, the scary part is, the Broncos are my team and have been since 1973.. so in a sense I am cutting down my team. Tebow is no John Elway and he never will be. God has nothing to do with these come from behind pull it out of my azz wins, (however I will take them as a win is a win) He is just getting lucky for what ever reason. ppl can do whatever they like in this world including praiseing God every time they drop a clean turd I dont care however the same needs to go for them on my side of beliefs which is simply put why in the hell would God let some idotic jock win meaningless footballs games while across this world of ours ppl suffer on a daily basis, oh yea thats right "Free Will" and all that crap... "If you take my son Jesus as your savior you will be saved" "However reject him and you shall burn in hell" This is the part of "Free will" that has me and many others laughing our azzes off as by theroy this is not free will but rather a dictatorship.. Do as I say or suffer...
My opinion is; and I dont care what others who "believe" think so they can save it for the pew on Sunday morning's right before you go home to drink beer and cuss at some meaningless jock who was almost sucked out a tube, everything in this world happens for a reason and Tim's not being aborted was to make those who believe think he is the second coming of christ, for ppl like me it is to thank our govenment for the right to choose as who knows how many more idiots would be wondering our streets if not for Roe vs Wade...

Just saying...

Timberwolf
Old 12-14-2011, 09:55 PM
Board Icon

One stat I like in his favor; more than 80% of this country are Christians.

...but this Sunday whether he wins or not, I like how the haters of Christianity are coming out in the open.

Old 12-14-2011, 10:53 PM
Board Icon

Your right Kentla, in the end a win is a win no matter how ugly it is. Look at Baltimore, they won a SB with an offense that was non-existent until SB Sunday. That was the 1 game their offense actually clicked that season. The luck will run out eventually so just enjoy the ride of the winning streak!

As for his taking a knee, like I said, do it once and move on. It's like he's trying to ram his faith down our throats. He did some of the same while at UF but not nearly to the extent he's doing it now.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:18 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
One stat I like in his favor; more than 80% of this country are Christians.

...but this Sunday whether he wins or not, I like how the haters of Christianity are coming out in the open.
Oh yea just like The Rev Ted Haggard, Jim Bakker, Jim Swaggert, and many others, got to love those christians, even Sandusky calls himself a christian, with leaders like that and many more that are still hidden I am completley comfortable with my "dislike" "nonbelief" "Disdain" or whatever you would like to call it for "organized religion". If on the very off chance that jesus is the son of GOd and did exsist as such, I beleive he too would be ashamed of those who use his name for thier own purpose in life.

Hog out of the 80% of our country you say, or whomever says are "Christians" 79% of them or liars and hypocrites....

Just saying....

Timberwolf
Old 12-15-2011, 02:33 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
As for his taking a knee, like I said, do it once and move on. It's like he's trying to ram his faith down our throats. He did some of the same while at UF but not nearly to the extent he's doing it now.
Like I said, and your comment is right on time, what about the other guys who take a knee or point or whatever others do to give thanks to God in their own way? Do YOU have a set number that players are allowed to do this with out it offending you?:roll: So if somebody scores 4 touchdowns and takes a knee in the end zone all 4 times you are going to feel the same way? How many athletes have you seen give praise to God in an interview after a game? Got anything to say about them?

As far as Fox goes. He sucked. That's why he was let go. He still sucks. The Bronco's are riding a MONUMENTAL "Momentum" wave right now and that's the only reason they are winning, Fox has nothing to do with it. They are going to lose and the momentum will go away and Tebow will be villified and they will draft another QB and all will be right in the world again for you guys.:clap:

Hog.....did I say something about insanity before?:bigthink:

Last edited by robertt; 12-15-2011 at 02:37 AM.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:58 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertt View Post
Hog.....did I say something about insanity before?:bigthink:
I'm tebowing right now. :lol:

Old 12-15-2011, 06:24 AM
Senior Board Member

I think the time is appropriate:

In the infamous words of VitoCorleone99, "I'm done here". May you all have great lives and careers, except you Hobo, you can GFY! You and your racist accusing ass!

It's been real and it's been fun, but it hasn't been real fun. Later.