User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2011, 01:17 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default NCAA wildness

Here we go, upset weekend is turning the polls and BCS upside down.

OU goes down to Texas Tech, stunner there. I really thought OU would have had very little trouble with TT, did the delay hurt them? The game was scheduled to be on ABC here yet due to the delay they decided to show the blowout Stanford game.

Wisconsin goes down on a Hail Mary to Michigan St. Wisconsin looked for real in the first 8 minutes, then the wheels fell off and they had to battle back before falling.

How about LSU, any doubt who the #1 team is now? Jimminy they hammered Auburn, 45-10. The final score was closer than the actual play showed. 2 weeks, we will see another separation in the polls and BCS, Bama-LSU. 1 vs 2, loser would need some help to stay in the fight.

Clemson is coming but just like in 2001 when they went 8-0, they faced GT and lost. Here in 2011, they are 8-0 and face GT this weekend. If they get past GT it looks like they can cruise home and maybe sneak into the title game with some help. They got a little bit today as 2 teams in front of them fell.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:20 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
Here we go, upset weekend is turning the polls and BCS upside down.

OU goes down to Texas Tech, stunner there. I really thought OU would have had very little trouble with TT, did the delay hurt them? The game was scheduled to be on ABC here yet due to the delay they decided to show the blowout Stanford game.

Wisconsin goes down on a Hail Mary to Michigan St. Wisconsin looked for real in the first 8 minutes, then the wheels fell off and they had to battle back before falling.

How about LSU, any doubt who the #1 team is now? Jimminy they hammered Auburn, 45-10. The final score was closer than the actual play showed. 2 weeks, we will see another separation in the polls and BCS, Bama-LSU. 1 vs 2, loser would need some help to stay in the fight.

Clemson is coming but just like in 2001 when they went 8-0, they faced GT and lost. Here in 2011, they are 8-0 and face GT this weekend. If they get past GT it looks like they can cruise home and maybe sneak into the title game with some help. They got a little bit today as 2 teams in front of them fell.
I was camping all week and it was a BEAUTIFUL week......except last night, (Sat). The storm that delayed OU's game came right on down and hit the campground where I was camping and knocked out power so I was reduced to listening to it on the ole Panasonic.

Just like I had said, OU has that sense of entitlement, IMHO. I'm sure the delay didn't help any but TT went through the same delay without any problems. OU was favored by 29, I think they read too many press clipings. I had said earlier in the season that they don't deserve to be on the same field with a Bama or LSU, among other teams in the top 10, maybe top 20, and I still say that. I wouldn't be surprised by any loss to any of the teams remaining on their schedule. We just don't play with any "fire". Stoops was so monotone in his postgame press conference. I don't know what I'm looking for, I guess for him to get pizzed off and show it. They play at K-State this week and could get another spankin if they don't straighten up. COULD WE PLEASE GET A FIELD GOAL KICKER!!!

Ga Tech isn't playing too good right now are they? Clemson looks good.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:19 PM
Board Icon

GT has shocked me in how quickly their triple option has failed them this year. High hopes to start the season, guess they really do miss Nesbitt at QB. Clemson can score at will from anywhere on the field but their D and special teams aren't that great at times. When that happens they simply try to outscore you and it's working. I fully expected my boys to get blown out but I sure didn't expect Clemson to hang 59 on Carolina like that. Mind you the Clemson D hung 14 points of them. I expected a score of 35-38 to 0-10. Instead it looked like a basketball score. GT has a pretty decent D but the Clemson offense is unreal. I would be surprised if GT keeps it respectable. The GT offense is not built for scoring a lot of points. They are built for hogging the ball, problem is Clemson only needs 30 seconds to go the length of the field.

I mentioned the delay because UNC went thru one a few years ago in their opening game against McNeese St. We were rolling along before the weather delay, McNeese St came back and briefly took the lead before Carolina put them away. It does affect teams if it's longer than 20 minutes. We went thru it in high school when it was homecoming. Halftime was 30 minutes instead of 15, every year we would come out and sleep walk thru the 3rd. I was still surprised at how well TT played. I watched them against TAMU and figured they did so well against them was because TAMU's D wasn't that great coming off of 2nd half let downs. TT showed they may have something that Tuberville is building down there. I think Stoops was still in shock at just how bad they got whupped, the final score was not indicative of how bad they truly got beat. K-St at K-St, K-St wins possibly in a romp. I don't see OU really showing up now that they have nothing to play for. The computers do not like them and they would need a lot of help to get back up there. Oregon is already ahead of them.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:05 PM
Board Icon

The OU Tech game was on ABC, and then they switched to ESPN 2. Our ABC station is out of Lawton, Ok. The weather man was on every couple minutes talking about the storms. ( he had the radar on, tracking the storms). I understand why. And I think KSWO (the abc station) is the best tv station for local weather. but let's think about this. OU is playing at home at night. What are the folks more interested in? The storms?, or their Sooners? :rofl:
Luckily a friend of mine called me, and he said they switched to ESPN 2. Other wise, I would have been watching that weather man all night.
Robertt, I think Bob Stoops had a brain fart when he kicked the FG. I think they should have went for it. Of course, it's over...

Something went wrong when Clemson played GT. Funny how they lost to them this year, like that other time you mentioned, Mr. Ford.

The LSU Bama game will be a knock down drag out. I think there will be a bunch of 3 and outs, and low scoring, but I think Bama will come away with the win, and I think they will run away in the 4th. I bet it will be a hard hitting, smash mouth game. I would say Bama will win by 10, but they will do it in the 4th quarter.
I heard on the radio that there were tickets going for $10,000 on stubhub. That is insane!

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 11-13-2011, 06:04 PM
Board Icon

More wildness this weekend:

Boise goes down at home to TCU on a partially blocked FG to win it for Boise. Boise had won some 60+ straight at home in the regular season. Their BCS hopes are done, they had to win the MWC undefeated, looks like Houston could end up being the only outsider to make a BCS game.

Stanford got straight beatdown by Oregon down on The Farm. Could we see an LSU-Oregon rematch? It's possible Oregon could leapfrog Bama with that big win over Stanford. It's put them 4th in the rankings right behind Bama and they really weren't that far behind Bama in last week's BCS points.

OSU looked scary good against TT. If OSU keeps it up Bedlam is going to insane. A win would leave OSU 1 win shy of playing for the BCS Title, they must win the Big 12 title game still. The computers really like OSU right now.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:25 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
More wildness this weekend:

Boise goes down at home to TCU on a partially blocked FG to win it for Boise. Boise had won some 60+ straight at home in the regular season. Their BCS hopes are done, they had to win the MWC undefeated, looks like Houston could end up being the only outsider to make a BCS game.

Stanford got straight beatdown by Oregon down on The Farm. Could we see an LSU-Oregon rematch? It's possible Oregon could leapfrog Bama with that big win over Stanford. It's put them 4th in the rankings right behind Bama and they really weren't that far behind Bama in last week's BCS points.

OSU looked scary good against TT. If OSU keeps it up Bedlam is going to insane. A win would leave OSU 1 win shy of playing for the BCS Title, they must win the Big 12 title game still. The computers really like OSU right now.
I still don't think OSU has played anybody. K-State maybe, but OU put a spankin on them and they gave OSU a run for their money. As up and down as this season is OSU better watch out at Iowa State Fri night. That "could" be an upset special. Iowa State seems to play when they want too and this could be one of those times. With the big games left, LSU vs. Arkansas, Bama vs. Auburn, Oregon vs. USC, and OU vs. OSU, anything can happen. I still say that anybody that gets on the field with either LSU or Bama is going to get a spanking in the end.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:56 PM
Board Icon

Saw TCU was ranked 19th in the BCS, if the Big East can't get anyone inside the Top 16 then TCU could go to the Fiesta and Houston to the Sugar maybe? The Big East currently has zero teams ranked in the BCS and it isn't looking like they will get one anytime soon.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:21 PM
Board Icon

I kinda figured that Oregon would beat Stanford. About like last year. I figured that Ok State would have beaten Tech, but I never thought it would have been by 60 points. :hellno: It was 35-0 at the end of the 1st quarter. :lol:
The LSU Bama game was not what I had in mind. I was thinking that it would have been a slugfest, but I didn't think it was gonna come down to nothing but field goals.
It makes me wonder what the Arkansas LSU game will be like.
As far as Bedlam goes, I don't know. I usually don't compare games, because 'anything can happen in college football', but Tech beat OU. It was a fluke deal, but a win is a win. OU blew out K State. Ok State blew out Tech, and K State came close to beating Ok State. I'll throw Baylor in there. If Baylor hadn't had the miscues in the 1st half against Ok State, I think it would have been a different ball game. Baylor was able to skoot down the field, but was unable to punch it in a few times. Baylor and OU play this week, and I would not be shocked if Baylor pulled off an upset in Waco. My gut tells me that Baylor's defense will struggle against OU's no huddle offense. At the same time, I've seen Baylor's defense make some good plays, and they actually have a secondary this year. They also have some talent on their offense. They're not household names, but they do have some playmakers.
If LSU, and OK State win out, I think it's a no brainer. But what if Arkansas beats LSU, and OU beats OK State? Alabama and Oregon in the title game? That sounds weird. :hellno:
Something else to throw in the pot.... If LSU loses to Arkansas, who will represent the SEC west in the SEC champianship game? lol

I forgot to add that.. if OU beats OK State, will OU 'leap frog' Bama and Oregon, privided the fact that OK State is #2? Hmmmmmm

http://watsonsysco.com/

Last edited by Jackrabbit379; 11-17-2011 at 08:28 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:47 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379 View Post
I forgot to add that.. if OU beats OK State, will OU 'leap frog' Bama and Oregon, privided the fact that OK State is #2? Hmmmmmm
From what I have read on the sports pages, nobody want's/likes to see a rematch. That is one thing OU has going for them. LSU has beaten Oregon and Bama. If OU beats OSU, they "may" leapfrog because of the rematch deal. LSU, OSU, Bama, Oregon, and OU all have games left on their schedules where they could lose. It's going to be an interesting 3 weeks. Man......I LOVE college football!!!:thumbsup::cheers:opcorn::jump:
Old 11-19-2011, 10:39 AM
Board Icon

OSU goes down in double OT to ISU...........had a funny feeling watching the first quarter and how much the Pokes were struggling to get going while the Cyclones were moving the ball real well. Good call Rob

Oregon may just have enough with that opening week loss to get up to a rematch with LSU. BUT, LSU is not a safe bet yet, they still have Arkansas tonight and the SEC title game. It could end up being Oregon and Bama for all we know. I would hate to see that, using Nick Saban's own words, you should have to win your conference first to be playing for the National Title. Bama will not even play for the SEC crown but could end up playing the the big prize.

I don't know that OU could leapfrog Bama and Oregon. They may sack Bama but if Oregon wins out it ain't happening. Also have to keep an eye peeled back slightly to Arkansas. A win by them tonight over the #1 team could send them to 3rd and cause a 3 way tie for the SEC West crown. It's getting real wild now.

Last edited by Mr. Ford95; 11-19-2011 at 10:41 AM.