User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2011, 11:42 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

OSU had a lot on their mind but still, I thought it could have been an upset special even without the tragedy. OU better watch out today too. I really don't see OU in the title game, I don't think they are good enough anyway. I think LSU, Oregon, or Bama would give OU a spankin. It will be interesting to see how they play against OSU, and what they do next week at home to Iowa State.

Does the SEC title game count against a teams ranking? Meaning if say, LSU is in it against Georgia and they lose, does that knock them out of the title game? Or will the decision already have been made who is playing in the title game and a loss wouldn't matter?
Old 11-19-2011, 04:49 PM
Board Icon

Yes Rob, it does count.

If LSU were to lose to UGA then it is possible they could miss out on the title game. It would come down to the final BCS ranking. They would obviously drop in the polls if say an Oregon wins out and takes the Pac-12 title and Bama wins out. Both would surpass LSU in the human polls even though Bama lost to LSU. Even if OU were to win out, it's possible they could even surpass LSU. If LSU were to drop further than #2 in the human polls it would then depend on the computers to decide their fate.

I don't think the tragedy had any effect on OSU last night. This has been their MO this year, great game then a not so great game. They've been lucky to get this far before losing, K-St should have beaten them a few weeks ago.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:13 PM
Board Icon

Well there goes the latest projections, OU goes down, Oregon goes down, OSU and Clemson go down all in one weekend. Now the experts are looking at the potential of Bama vs whomever for the Title. Heck, VT could jump all the way up there if the wildness continues.

Arkansas just jumped right into the middle of the fight, 3 SEC teams all SEC West teams, in the Top 5. Next week's LSU-Arkansas game just became real big. I give the edge to LSU only because that's not Ryan Mallett at QB for the Hogs.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:03 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
Next week's LSU-Arkansas game just became real big. I give the edge to LSU only because that's not Ryan Mallett at QB for the Hogs.
And it's AT LSU
Old 11-21-2011, 10:40 PM
Board Icon

Arkansas appears to have gotten better since their loss to Bama. How much better is the question though. If they had Mallett calling the plays I would easily put LSU down for a loss right now. Oregon looked like they had gotten better since that loss to LSU only to get their lunch handed to them by USC for most of the game. Remember, Stanford beat USC at The Coliseum in OT but got hammered by Oregon. USC pretty much hammered Oregon even though the final score is MUCH closer than the game as played for most of the night.

Want to know something real kooky? Houston or Boise could still play for the title. A few things need to happen but it's very much a possibility after this weekend. OU needs to win Bedlam, VT needs to lose to UVA or the ACC title game. LSU needs to lose and lose rather badly to Arkansas or UGA. Arkansas needs to lose either to LSU or UGA and Bama needs to lose to Auburn. Stanford needs to not win the Pac-12, as in, another loss needs to happen. Oh BTW, Houston or Boise has to keep winning.
Old 11-24-2011, 03:26 AM
Board Icon

Crazy things do happen! I'm not really worried about Arkansas' offense, but can their defense hold up? I hope they beat the living snot out of those crawdad eatin, musty smellin frenchies! And by the way..... the last time the Hogs won in Baton Rouge, was in '07, in triple OT, and LSU was #1. Can the Hogs do it again??

I heard that Bama is favored by 21, but I bet they win by a fg. I don't think Auburn will win it, but it is the Iron Bowl.

Houston should win out. They'll probably get some off the wall bowl game.
What happened to USC?? Did they wake up?? Where did they come from? Are they still "in jail"? They couldn't get a bowl, even if bowl eligible, right? Just curious..
Seems like the last few years, it has been nuts. This year especially. 3 teams from the sec west in the top 3. I hope it's not going to be a rematch of LSU/Bama. Another 9-6 game. :hellno: Has there ever been a national championship game with the 2 teams from the same conference?

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 11-24-2011, 02:02 PM
Board Icon

USC is still in jail, no postseason for them. Even though they are actually going to win the Pac-12 South they are not eligible for the Pac-12 title game also. Looks like it will be Arizona or Arizona St who wins the South. USC is a very good team still and Monte Kiffin has finally got his D playing like they did in Tampa Bay. Exotic blitz schemes that are working because his MLB's are very fast. If they were eligible they would probably be going to a BCS game.

No, no title game has ever matched 2 teams from the same conference, even going back to pre-BCS times. It's always been assumed that if you don't win your conference then your not worthy of a rematch for the national title with a team from your conference who won the conference if that makes any sense.