User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2011, 05:36 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I found out something this past weekend.
I friend of mine asked me if I had the Longhorn network on Dish. I said, "Not that I'm aware of." (He's got Dish himself, and he was looking for it.) I hadn't thought about it to be honest. (I had no reason to look for it. ) Well, he said his brother called Time Warner (the local cable company here) and asked how much it would cost for him to get the network. Time Warner told him that they have been trying to get ESPN to let them carry it. So far, Time Warner is not able to carry the network. I got online, and come to find out, there's only one carrier that has the network. Verizon (something or another) in Austin. None of the Dish people carry it, nor does Time Warner, nor Cox Communications. I thought about it, and that's a lot of people that have cable that won't be able to see their longhorns. That's a lot of fans. I can't help but think it's funny, but why would Texas have their own network, if none of the cable providers can carry it?

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 09-14-2011, 09:11 PM
Board Icon

Why have it when the local's can watch it? For the rest of the country to see them play. If your local you should already know that UT is the place for you.:thumbsup: I was watching it here Saturday on DirecTV. I forgot all about it, I was like why is Texas on ESPN2 against BYU when there are better games playing but are relegated to ESPN3(which is internet only) then I remembered about Longhorn Network/ESPN.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:05 PM
Board Icon

Yeah, and the crazier thing about it, is that the game was also on BYU channel. :hellno:
Whoever paid who, either way, ESPN has to make money and so does UT. It's weird that UT is on ESPN/ABC, and they also have the network.. UT's first game, against Rice was on the longhorn network. Last week, ESPN2. I think UCLA game will be ABC.
I dunno.. Who knows.

http://watsonsysco.com/