User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2007, 04:11 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

If camera men are found at games, could be the end.
All those people on the sidelines with cameras, no tellin who all is actually filming, taking pictures for news, etc, and who's working for Bill Bilicheater.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 11-09-2007, 05:39 PM

Don't mean to jack the thread but this type of argument that is being had on this thread is related to the points I brought up on the thread--- /phpBB2/viewtopic.php?+=30574.... about the predictable outcomes and questionable practices that happen at NASCAR. I am a fan of MOST professional sports, especially NFL, NBA, and NASCAR, but since I have come to the "age of realization" I am becoming cynical of what I see, hear, and read in professional sports. This discussion of the Dolphins, Patriots, [insert team of choice], getting "caught" doing one thing, that we, the average joe, usually never gets wind of, is just ONE of the MANY deceptive practices that never get reported or the people in charge look the other way. I am the first to say "I wish it wouldn't, couldn't be this way!!!", but every year clarity tends to beat the passion out of my love for professional sports. :sad: Eventhough, I am the person counting the days, hours, and minutes until kick-off, tip-off, and the waiving of the green flag every weekend, I ADMIT IT, just wish the $$$ didn't out weigh the passion in the sports, but I belive it does. SORRY, VERY SORRY. :evil:
Old 11-09-2007, 05:56 PM
Senior Board Member

In the end does it really matter?

If it gives you enjoyment watch it,if not do something else.

It all comes down to silly little arguements,"my Dad can beat up your Dad",it's just changed to the jerseys the guys wear from my city can beat up the jerseys the guys from your city wear.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:00 PM

It definitely gives me pleasure watching, but to me , it goes a little deeper than "my team winning". The reason WHY I like sports is because of the competition. If the "fix" is on in any aspect of the game, it sits very wrong with me and defeats the pleasure of my intent. "In the end", it does matter, most definitely. If it did not matter I would be watching WWF and professional boxing. Predictability sucks for me, I actually like a "fair game", go figure. :shock:
Old 11-09-2007, 08:04 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

I gotta agree with that SuperDave. When it comes to sports, not much pisses me off more than when people cheat. Yeah, there's always some aspect of it going on and it galls a lot of fans, regardless of what sport you're talking about. When someone is finally caught, the fans have something tangible to be angry at. And like it or not, the Patriots got caught will will forever have that black mark attached to them.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:41 PM

You got "IT" Twilight Flyer, that is the main reason behind my love for the sports. That is why sit-coms, or dramas on T.V. do not appeal to me; because of the predictability. I watch either sports, documentaries, or science based shows, you either get excited or taught something previously unbeknownst. I think all sports are losing their "soul" little by little everytime a cheating is revealed, which for me, is SAD. :sad: But I will still watch because I do enjoy, DAMN IT!!! 8)
Old 11-09-2007, 08:58 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

I agree.

But I still like CSI. That and Shark are the only shows I actually watch, outside of football.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:35 PM
Board Icon

I'm not trying to brush it off Twi, what I'm saying is, it's nearly impossible to see who is on the sidelines using TV gametapes. Are you saying their first SB was from cheating?? I mean Belicheck must have known from previous videotapes that the Steelers were going to knock Bledsoe out of the game, right?? I mean, he knew that Tom Brady was going to do more than just replace Bledsoe, he was going to make New England fans say, "Bledsoe who?" Don't be so quick to judge their past unless there is concrete evidence that would taint each one of their SB's. So far, possibly 1 SB is tainted but no evidence exists other than they made some great play calls in the 2nd half to beat Philly. Screens work great with a blitzing defense and Philly loves to blitz you.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:50 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

My personal thoughts are that their first Super Bowl is tainted because they wouldn't have beaten the Raiders if the ref hadn't gotten them over. But that's not proveable and if not for the recent stuff, would have eventually been forgotten. But because of what's going on this year, they are under a microscope and as more allegations, proven or not, come forth, they'll be looking dirtier and dirtier.

As far as the Philly SB, if you watch excerpts of game tape in that 2nd half, you'll see Brady looking at the Philly sideline a number of times during their play-calls. I'm a Dallas fan, so you know my feelings toward Philly. But I don't think there is any doubt at all that they cheated on that game. And it's pretty easy to execute screen passes when you know the blitz is coming. It's almost a guarantee.

I said earlier when this first started that it was only the beginning. My guess is that you ain't seen nothin' yet.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:24 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
As far as the Philly SB, if you watch excerpts of game tape in that 2nd half, you'll see Brady looking at the Philly sideline a number of times during their play-calls. I'm a Dallas fan, so you know my feelings toward Philly. But I don't think there is any doubt at all that they cheated on that game. And it's pretty easy to execute screen passes when you know the blitz is coming. It's almost a guarantee.
Well heck, Peyton Manning and the Colts are cheating like crazy. :lol: Of course Brady knew the blitz was coming and when it was coming, he had watched enough game film to find a tip off, just like Manning does. Each time he saw the tipoff, he would audible just like Manning does every game. Looking at the other sidelines is no different than every other team does in the league, they all try to steal signs by having 1 or 2 people doing nothing but watching the other team's coaches to find a common tipoff. Happens in college all the time.