User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2007, 08:05 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I read that story, too. Turned out to be the CBS broadcast truck...wasn't heard in the stadium. But for the Patriots to make that claim...doesn't get much more hypocritical than that.

Belichek has elevated himself to "most hated" status. Let's not forget Belicheck walking by Dungy and ignoring him after the game, too, as Dungy was reaching out to shake his hand. Belichek is a POS. A sky-cam could fall on him and kill the bastard and I wouldn't shed a tear. :evil:

Old 11-07-2007, 09:49 PM
Board Icon

Twi, you mean the snow wasn't the cause of the wild mess in that Raiders game or did the Patriots buy off the snow gods that night?? :wink: Ya'll sound just like Al Davis in how he likes to chime that the league is out to get his franchise and run him out of business.

You can tape everything you want but you still have to execute on the field of play. No videotape or video camera is going to tackle that snorting fullback that is plowing thru the line. I guess we ought to ban watching any videotape of any team from now on. Might pick up on a tendancy for play calls or see how a certain player acts or moves to tip off a certain play.

Washington couldn't get a cheap shot or any good shot on Brady because they were about 2 days behind on each play. Brady doesn't deserve to be punished for a coach's decision. No player will intentionally take him out unless they are really screwed up in the head but they could "accidentally" plow over Beli during a play. Saying that Brady deserves a cheap shot is real classless Twi, he wasn't the one cheating. Punish the cheater.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:20 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
Twi, you mean the snow wasn't the cause of the wild mess in that Raiders game or did the Patriots buy off the snow gods that night??
$10,000 to a ref gets some major calls to go your way. Just sayin' :lol:

Quote:
Ya'll sound just like Al Davis in how he likes to chime that the league is out to get his franchise and run him out of business.
Davis is a putz that probably listens to Art Bell. I don't like him anymore than I like the Raiders. Seeing the Raiders having losing season after losing season does my heart good. That said, however, I watched that game between the Raiders/Patriots. I watched the replay 400 million times and followed the story for as long as it continued. The Pats got over, period. Whether the ref was bought and paid for or not, the Pats got over and the Raiders got shafted when it mattered most. Bad calls are part of the game, but that wasn't just a bad call...it was a blatant screwjob. End of story.

Quote:
You can tape everything you want but you still have to execute on the field of play.
I never said they didn't execute and this isn't about them executing. They have great talent, make no mistake. They play well as a team, make no mistake. If that's the case, though, why did Belichek cheat? If he's so damned certain of his team, why cheat? That's where the issue is...on the CHEATING and the way that he and the Patriots have defended their actions.

Quote:
Washington couldn't get a cheap shot or any good shot on Brady because they were about 2 days behind on each play.
But there will be a team that does. It only takes one lineman looking at the bad-boy bounty to end his season or worse.

Quote:
Brady doesn't deserve to be punished for a coach's decision.
I agree with that. Doesn't mean he won't, though. More stupidity from Belichek.

Quote:
No player will intentionally take him out unless they are really screwed up in the head but they could "accidentally" plow over Beli during a play.
You need to delve deeper into the NFL as a fan, then. Lockerroom "bounties" have been a part of the NFL since forever. And it's no different today.

Quote:
Saying that Brady deserves a cheap shot is real classless Twi, he wasn't the one cheating.
I never advocated a cheapshot on Brady. I said Cowher nailed it when he said someone WOULD cheapshot him. I can't stand Brady, I'll not hide that. And if he does get taken out, I would find it difficult to feel sorry for him. As far as I'm concerned, he's a cheater, too. Hearken back to the Patriots/Eagles Super Bowl. 1st half, the Eagles defense flat-out owned the Pats. 2nd half, the Pats racked up all their yards and scores on short screens to beat the blitz that the Eagles ran so successfully in the first half. If you say it's about half-time adjustments, you would be correct. Brady adjusted where he was looking for play calls...and that was at the Eagles bench and in doing so, correctly called a screen on just about every 2nd half blitz the Eagles ran.

Getting caught in the Jets game was not something new they just started trying. It's something the Patriots have done successfully for a long time.

Quote:
Punish the cheater.
The NFL polices it's own like no other sport. Belichek got off scott-free and 31 other teams know that. Taking Brady out will be the punishment they are looking at. Again, I'm not advocating it...I'm saying it is inevitable.

Old 11-08-2007, 01:37 AM
Senior Board Member

The more people hate the Patriots and call them cheaters,the more I am beginning to like them and actually root for them.I find it laughable that people think that this type of stuff doesn't happen every week,so naive.

Every old coach I hear asked if they did this type of stuff they all say some type of spying takes place,it still comes down to players executing on the field.You think a team is really gonna do any thing new that the other coach hasn't seen before? I want the Patriots to go undefeated so those arrogant Dolphin players that get together every year to toast the last team that loses can get it shoved right up you know where,and plus it will be much more impressive to go 19-0.

Old 11-08-2007, 01:57 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoopr
I agree with him so I must be senile too. IF the Pats win the SB there should be a asterisk.
It should be. Have Jets game listed beside it.
No-Waaay before that-My Pack caught them 2 years ago(Might have been last year).
Nothing was done but League was on Notice
Old 11-08-2007, 04:51 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoopr
No-Waaay before that-My Pack caught them 2 years ago(Might have been last year).
Nothing was done but League was on Notice
Hmmm. I didnt know that. :shock:

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 11-09-2007, 12:59 AM
Board Icon

Like Jets, Lions and Packers, Bills Accuse Patriots of Stealing Signals

Dan BentonPosted Sep 11th 2007 10:23AM by Dan Benton
Filed under: Bills, Jets, Lions, Packers, Patriots,
The list of teams that suspect the New England Patriots of stealing signals is growing daily. Shortly after an investigation was launched by the NFL, which was preceded by an accusation from the Jets, the Green Bay Packers stepped up and echoed the New York's concerns.

"From what I can remember, [the camera man] had quite a fit when we took him out," Packers president Bob Harlan said. "We had gotten word before the game that they [the Patriots] did this sort of thing, so we were looking for it."

Lions general manager Matt Millen has also come forward and informed the NFL that Detroit caught the Patriots doing the same thing last December. And as if that wasn't enough, the Buffalo Bills have now entered the fold as well.

According to a report by the Boston Herald, the Bills suspected the Patriots were cheating in their 28-6 loss to New England last October, but did not have enough evidence to warrant a complaint. However, in light of these more recent discoveries, Buffalo has decided to review the film from both games last year.

When I first heard wrote about this, I suggested that we all take it as a grain of salt because it appeared to be a rumor and nothing more. Unfortunately for the Patriots, that no longer seems to be the case. The evidence is piling up day-by-day, and I get the feeling that this is only the tip of the iceberg.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:29 AM
Board Icon

Surprised Washington hasn't made the same claim after that beatdown they got 2 weeks ago. How do you go back and look at game film to determine if they were stealing signs?? "Oh, they busted that play before it started, must have stole our signs??"
Old 11-09-2007, 12:37 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Mr. Ford, you can brush it off all you want, but a lot of people have been saying since this broke that this is only the beginning. And regardless of the outcome or what, if any, additional punishment is handed down, the Patriots run over recent years, their wins, their Super Bowl victories, everything about them...will be permanently marred and cast under a heavy shadow of cheating. In the end, that'll be the best punishment ever.

As far as reviewing tape, they'll be looking for people on the sidelines with cameras. If they find one, it's just a matter of matching the faces up to current and former Patriots employees and there's your case.

Old 11-09-2007, 04:09 PM
Board Icon

It went way beyond just reading lips from behind the playbook or hand signals. It involved Electronic eavesdropping and the reason that in the Pats game the NFL stopped all Electronic wavelengths in their games.

had nothing to do with handsignals and reading lips(Which is why the coaches hide their faces when calling the signals).