User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2007, 02:42 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
I can remember going to watch the Red's when I was a kid back in the 80's and looking back they were seriously boring games
Oh I don't know. When my dad took us to Reds games back in the 70's, my brother and I had a ball. Of course, we were always there early, always down on the field getting autographs. It was a blast. There was nothing quite as exciting in baseball at that time as the Big Red Machine.

Old 09-05-2007, 10:11 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
Quote:
I can remember going to watch the Red's when I was a kid back in the 80's and looking back they were seriously boring games
Oh I don't know. When my dad took us to Reds games back in the 70's, my brother and I had a ball. Of course, we were always there early, always down on the field getting autographs. It was a blast. There was nothing quite as exciting in baseball at that time as the Big Red Machine.
I loved going to the games. My step-dad and his brother-in-law had season tickets so we went to a bunch of games. Back then Pete Rose was a god! I can remember how it was more exciting when he was up to bat and how the crowd would cheer for him. Those were some good days. You go to a game today and it's not much different than going and seeing WWE Monday Night Raw. But I still love to go to games, don't go to many but try to see a couple a year.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:27 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Went down to St. Louis in April and took my dad to a Cards/Reds game, but hadn't seen one in a while prior to that. Took a foul ball off my hand in that one...so close. All in all, though, nothing beats the good ol' days.

We actually got to run the bases once after a Reds game. That was way cool, especially sliding into 2nd, 3rd, and homeplate.

Old 09-07-2007, 12:51 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
Quote:
Sparky Sparky