User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2007, 08:49 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

That's kinda what I was figuring. I figured it was a big milestone, or whatever they call it.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 08-26-2007, 02:36 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379
I don't watch baseball, and I don't know anything about it. So this record that Bonds broke, is this a really big achievement? Kinda like, for an example, breaking the all-time leading rushing record in football?
Yeah.... it's EXACTLY like that. And he disgraces the game and diminishes the glory of the record by "stealing" it away from those who earned it through sheer talent!

I hope he somehow gets convicted of juicing and they STRIP him of the record!

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:28 PM
Board Icon

Bud Selig doesn't have the balls to strip him of the record. He doesn't even have the balls to institute a real drug/steroid policy. The NFL isn't perfect but they have a far better policy and they actually enforce it. The best policy is NASCAR, see Shane Hmiel and Kevin Grubb. Hmiel got a second chance and ruined it by getting busted a second time. His young and promising career is over. Grubb got a second chance but never could show his talent in a 2nd rate car and is done with the top 3 series'.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:24 PM

I'm a dodgers fan, so it's in my blood to hate the giants and all associated with them (until they leave the team), and this includes barry bonds.

However, he is one of the best hitters in the history of baseball. He juiced? probably. But steroids aren't going to make you a better hitter, steroids aren't going to give you a better at bat percentage. without roids i think he still would have gotten about 600-650 career home runs.

edit: oh, and don't worry, by the time A-Rods career is over he'll be the all time home run king. better him than barry.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:50 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation
I'm a dodgers fan, so it's in my blood to hate the giants and all associated with them (until they leave the team), and this includes barry bonds.

However, he is one of the best hitters in the history of baseball. He juiced? probably. But steroids aren't going to make you a better hitter, steroids aren't going to give you a better at bat percentage. without roids i think he still would have gotten about 600-650 career home runs.

edit: oh, and don't worry, by the time A-Rods career is over he'll be the all time home run king. better him than barry.
They say with this particular steroid it does enhance all of those things you're saying
Old 08-26-2007, 11:11 PM

In most sports players are breaking records by a mile. Not sure if its they lifestyle or or what.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:24 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation
But steroids aren't going to make you a better hitter, steroids aren't going to give you a better at bat percentage. without roids i think he still would have gotten about 600-650 career home runs.
Yeah right, he would have gotten 350-400. Have you not seen what he looked like in Pittsburgh?? While at Single A Prince William Cannons(now the Potomac Nationals) he would try the long ball now and then but those were barely getting over the fence. He was puny, looked more like a nerd than the hulking body he is today. The roids cause you to put more power into the swing which in turn causes the ball to go farther. Barry had a better chance at Pete Rose on the career hits lists than Hank Aaron's career HR record before the roids.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:56 AM

there's no way that steroids are going to up his at bat percentage.

mr. ford... 350-400? not a chance. if you watch bonds through each of his years he didn't become a monster until the 1998 season.. when he already had 374 home runs. 374 home runs in 11 years WITHOUT juicing. lets do some math.

that's 34 home runs a year. add another 10 years to go through the 2007 season.. that would mean that on track without juicing he would today have about 714. and as of right now he has 761.. ony 47 more. hmmm, of course this is all hypothetical and what not. a lot of other factors not taken into consideration.. but just a point that he would have ended up with a very significant amount of home runs. and prior to his juicing he would was already in 6 all star games. he was by no means a slouch.

never thought i'd defend barry bonds.. but the media has put him in such a bad light and i take everything the media says with a grain of salt and do my own research on stuff.

hell, performance enhancing drugs weren't illegal in baseball till 2001 or 2002. it's possible he didn't even juice after it became illegal to do so.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:00 AM
Board Icon

but the media has put him in such a bad light

Only time the media has Ever been right
Old 09-05-2007, 12:49 AM
Senior Board Member

Honestly, I don't care if they are on steroids or not? In Baseball you want to see them hit the longball. In basketball you want to see the amazing dunks and 3 pointers. In Football you want to see the big runs and the hail mary.

Professional sports are longer about the love of the game it's about the big contract, signing bonus's, endorsements and entertaining the fans. I can remember going to watch the Red's when I was a kid back in the 80's and looking back they were seriously boring games. You go to a game now they all have entrance music, fireworks and it's more of a show than a sport.