LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2007, 11:31 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoopr

You must have been in West Texas to not get a signal :P
Believe it or not, Columbus,OH and I got the signal back shortly after the race ended. :cry:
Old 05-01-2007, 12:29 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95
Hat, little dirt tracks are different, but it does not make it ok. Your usually not hitting someone in the back of the head like at 'Dega. A lot of the fans are a ways away when throwing this crap and it is not reaching the track, it's instead hitting people lower in the stands in the heads.
Dunno what kind of dirt track you've been to, but I've raced in the bull ring style ones, and have left with bent axles, warped wheels, broken steering columns, broken pedals, and broken frames. We used to bump and shove all over the track, in the corners and down the straightaways. The crowd was as close as 6 feet away from the outside line of the backstraight, and no, noone threw beers, but a LOT of people threw tempers.

Junior said "hey if you're so compelled to throw anything, throw toilet paper. Noone ever got hurt from a roll of toilet paper to the head." Fox had a close-up shot of one roll of toilet paper on the track.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:17 AM
Board Regular

Next race at Dega they should hand out toilet paper with 24 printed on the sheets. That way if Jeff wins they can throw them on the track, if Jeff loses they can take them home and put it to good use. :lol:
Old 05-01-2007, 09:37 AM
Board Icon

Wouldn't be surprised if 'Dega decides to ban cans from being brought into the track in the Fall.

Hat, think we have a miscommunication(like Jimmie and Casey had) Thought you were talking about the fans throwing crap at dirt tracks.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:28 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95
Wouldn't be surprised if 'Dega decides to ban cans from being brought into the track in the Fall.
I surely hope this doesn't happen,but I don't think there is another answer.I was there the first time this started when they had the caution fiasco when they determined Jeff was ahead of JR(correctly) when the caution came out and they ended the race under caution,I thought right then that they would ban all coolers from all tracks.

Now this is spreading to almost any track,I certainly consider it a privlage to be able to carry my own food and drink into a race,but I would not blame the tracks if they would ban them,consider what you would feel like if you were in the lower stands and someone threw a full beer can from the upper grandstands and hit you in the back of the head.I would think that in the litigious times we live in that it is only a matter of time before the track gets sued for not providing a safe enviroment.

I go to Las Vegas and you are not allowed to take in anything other than water in a cooler there and I must say it is quite a different atmosphere there than at some of the other tracks I go to.I also have spent $24 for 4 beers there,not very fun,but I do drink much less there than at other races.Also before someone jumps on this I can and have gone to a race without drinking,but I would like the oppurtunity if I so wish.

I also heard that Talladega is a dry county on Sundays,so that if they banned bringing in your own beer I wonder if you would be able to buy it at the track,I cannot remember ever seeing beer sold at the concession stands there.Maybe a good reason to put up lights and race on Saturday night..... 8)

Old 05-01-2007, 08:24 PM
Board Icon

Hate to say it, but that is the next step mike. It may not stop the fans though. They will just find something else to hawk, heck may even start throwing the whole cooler. :lol: Wouldn't that be a site to behold and much more dangerous.

Richmond is $5 or 6 per beer I think. Pretty good deterrent to keep people from drinking too much since you can only take a really tiny soft sided cooler in. You might be able to find a way to put 4 beer cans in it but that's it. The fans at RIR just use the whole day to drink up before the race since they have between 3-8 hours to get ready. Most can hardly walk to the track they are so drunk. Martinsville is pretty good with the fans not being too drunk. They also don't shower the track with debris because they have gotten use to Gordon winning there so much, of the current drivers, he owns Martinsville. Now if Gordon wins this week at RIR, look out, could see another beer throwing contest. RIR is considered Earnhardt territory for some reason.

I'll let ya'll know about Charlotte, I'm supposed to have 2 tix to the 600 from a buddy if work doesn't get in the way.