User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2007, 02:14 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

So, if there is a caution on the last lap, they just end the race? Are they just pulling out names out of a hat?
I thought the finish was weird.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 04-30-2007, 09:36 AM
Board Icon

That is right Jack, they get one shot at a Green-White-Checkers finish. Used to be in Trucks that they tried a GWC until they succeeded, that was until the St. Louis debacle. They tried 7 times before getting the race finished.

Those arrested fans, as Dave Despain said last night, need to be permanently banned from any and all NASCAR events, punished to the max penalty Alabama has and an add on to that, let 160,000 people throw full beer cans their vehicle and at them.

Hat, little dirt tracks are different, but it does not make it ok. Your usually not hitting someone in the back of the head like at 'Dega. A lot of the fans are a ways away when throwing this crap and it is not reaching the track, it's instead hitting people lower in the stands in the heads.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:29 PM
Board Icon

Yeah, I wonder how tall those grand stands are. Man, you would have to have an arm like Montana to throw a can on the track at Dega. Dega is a long track.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 04-30-2007, 02:47 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95
That is right Jack, they get one shot at a Green-White-Checkers finish. Used to be in Trucks that they tried a GWC until they succeeded, that was until the St. Louis debacle. They tried 7 times before getting the race finished.

Those arrested fans, as Dave Despain said last night, need to be permanently banned from any and all NASCAR events, punished to the max penalty Alabama has and an add on to that, let 160,000 people throw full beer cans their vehicle and at them.

Hat, little dirt tracks are different, but it does not make it ok. Your usually not hitting someone in the back of the head like at 'Dega. A lot of the fans are a ways away when throwing this crap and it is not reaching the track, it's instead hitting people lower in the stands in the heads.
Like Junior said-They were classless
Old 04-30-2007, 09:31 PM
Board Icon

Some were reaching pit road still in flight. Snowballs(Bristol last March), that's ok, full beer cans, NOT OK.

Jack, if your trajectory is right, you don't need a Montana like arm. The higher you are, the farther it can go if you don't try to throw it straight but instead give it a good upwards arc.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:39 PM
Senior Board Member

First I wanna say, I'm sooooo jealous of ya'll getting to watch the races. I've been way too busy on the weekends, so I normally have to listen to it. OMG - I think I'm having withdrawals. :lol:

Congrats to yoopr, the top score this week.

I would've loved to see the end of the race myself. Heard that Tony waved off the medics and walked across the track to face the one who wrecked him. From one of ya'll who seen it firsthand, what exactly happened? Did he get wrecked or was it just racing? My radio lost signal when they were preparing to do the GWC finish. Thx! :wink:
Old 04-30-2007, 09:51 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildK9
First I wanna say, I'm sooooo jealous of ya'll getting to watch the races. I've been way too busy on the weekends, so I normally have to listen to it. OMG - I think I'm having withdrawals. :lol:

I would've loved to see the end of the race myself. Heard that Tony waved off the medics and walked across the track to face the one who wrecked him. From one of ya'll who seen it firsthand, what exactly happened? Did he get wrecked or was it just racing? My radio lost signal when they were preparing to do the GWC finish. Thx! :wink:
Pretty much a racing deal three cars going for a spot made for two,20 on outside,26 inside the 38 going for the middle clipped the 26 turning him into the 20 and the thing that got Tony the maddest was after he hit the wall and got squirelly(word?) and saved it here comes the 38 and runs into the back of the 20 again and spins him out into the backstrech infield and he loses about 20 places in the process,all this happened after the first accident that happened back around 20th place behind the main pack.

Tony would've finished around 6th or so if the 38 hadn't hit him again,I couldn't really put the full blame on Gillialand as everyone was just trying to get the best possible finish after the wreck and Tony was going pretty slow when he hit him the second time.

Old 04-30-2007, 10:01 PM
Senior Board Member

Thanx mike! I was curious as to what made Tony so mad.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:57 PM
Board Icon

Actually the 26 had been put in the middle and the 38 was trying to squeeze up and box McMurray out. It was a simple racing deal as you said mike. The checkers were in sight, nobody is going to lift in that position. Yet Tony thought someone should have and was pointing at McMurray the next time the field came by.

In the post-race comments, Stewart made sure to talk to the media this week, he blasted Gilliland for hitting him a 2nd time. I think Gilliland had no idea Stewart was coming down the track. Stewart was in his blind spot on the right side and the spotter prolly never said anything about it. Next thing he knew, Stewart was coming across his front end a 2nd time.

Both looked to be out of control. Stewart was just daddiling down across the track like he had no steering while Gilliland was trying to hold his line.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:14 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildK9

You must have been in West Texas to not get a signal :P
Wish we could all get back to the Top Ten. I emailed SnapOn to get a Team Rankings-haven't heard anything back yet.