User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2007, 02:28 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Green Flag at Daytona

Racing is about to resume, in 3 hours the Rolex 24 will go green and the new year of racing will be underway with a load of NASCAR drivers in this year's field. A couple of former champs and the current champ will be in it this year. So on those notes:

Will an Earnhardt be driving for DEI by season's end??
Will the COT fall flat on it's face with wreckfest's at it's couple of tracks this year??
Will the title go to the real champ for the 3rd year in a row??

If Junior struggles early this year, expect him to start job searching and see Teresa kick him out of the car by the final few races if he is not in the Chase. If he struggles then more than likely, he is done at DEI for the time being at least. Expect Childress to throw everything he can out there to get Junior, he badly wants a 4th car with a good driver in it.

If Daytona was any indication, the COT at 'Dega in the fall race will be a major wreckfest in turn 1 of lap 1. Kurt Busch put down a lap of 191 mph at Daytona and said the car was doing a 4 wheel slide all the way around the track. It also put NASCAR's foot down that they will not remove the plates as they were saying could happen if the car showed it was much slower than the current cars at Daytona and 'Dega. If anything, they will put a plate on with smaller holes like they did at 'Dega last fall. If anything, they should not put the COT in any Chase races this year, this is a bad decision by NASCAR. Do the Spring race or the Pepsi 400 at Daytona, not the Chase race at 'Dega. Spring race at Bristol is the debut of the car this year and if it continues to have problems with being loose to where the teams can't fix it, expect a record number of cautions at Bristol and Greg Biffle to win the race.

Tony Stewart and Jimmie Johnson have won the past 2 titles. Stewart led going into the Chase and JJ was 2nd after Richmond just 57 back under the old system. Kurt Busch would not have won the title in 04 under the old system as he came from 7th position at the start of the Chase at 300 points out. Gordon would have won by 47 in 2004 under the old system.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:28 PM
Board Icon

I cant believe that NASCAR is about to get cranked up again,already.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 01-28-2007, 02:24 AM

As a junior fan, it can't happen quick enough. He needs to leave his winch mom in law high and dry ,get with a competent team and win races and championships and quit watchin losers like Kasey Kahne go by him. One thing for sure, you can always bet on, there will be plenty of whining from fric and frac,i.e., Gordon and Johnson. Would like to see Jr get a championship, but if not Denny Hamlin and of course our local boy from west Florida, 3rd in Truck points last year, starting full Nextel schedule this year, David Reutimann.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:21 PM
Board Icon

During the Media Tour this week, Gordon was qouted as saying that Junior is done there. Once it started playing out in the media, they had no chance of reconciling. He says Junior would be better to move on now. At least he wasn't like Harvick who called out Teresa out. I like how the media spun that Earnhardt defended her. If you read his comments towards Harvick, he really didn't defend her just said that those were Harvick's comments and it didn't matter to him. Junior is the face of that team, not her, she needs to give him what he wants.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:53 PM
Senior Board Member

Really looking forward to this year's Chase. Go Stewart and Hamlin!! As for the COT, they have lots of things to fix with those cars. I think it's gonna get interesting.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:01 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripplecreek
As a junior fan, it can't happen quick enough. He needs to leave his winch mom in law high and dry ,get with a competent team and win races and championships and quit watchin losers like Kasey Kahne go by him. One thing for sure, you can always bet on, there will be plenty of whining from fric and frac,i.e., Gordon and Johnson. Would like to see Jr get a championship, but if not Denny Hamlin and of course our local boy from west Florida, 3rd in Truck points last year, starting full Nextel schedule this year, David Reutimann.
These are the same type of comments that fans made when they wanted JR and the Eury's to part ways,remember how that worked out?

Old 02-11-2007, 06:50 AM

I am a Kr fan, BUT with him asking for more than 50% of the company, it seems like he is just looking for a way out...Until he said that, I figured that if he did leave DEI, Bud would go with him, but with him making demands like that(who in their right mind would give up controling interest of ANY company to someone they really dont get along with), I doubt Bud would follow him...I am not to sure which team would accept a driver that wants most of the company as part of his contract...

I guess next year I might be a fan of JR Racing and supporting the Tampax Toyota #6.7

Rick
Old 02-11-2007, 12:17 PM
Board Icon

Childress wants him and Bud will follow Junior. They would be stupid not to follow the most poplar driver and recognized face in NASCAR. He wants 100% of DEI, it was the media who said 51% or controlling interest. The reason is not because he is being selfish but because he wants to change things around at DEI to make all 3 teams better. He see's what everyone else in the garage is seeing, DEI is a 1 car team not a 3. Teresa is not seeing it and will not listen to what she is being told needs to be done.

Teresa will not just give up controlling interest in DEI, she will call Junior's bluff and he will move on to RCR. Unless she is bought out he is gone. The only way to buy her out, all the kids will have to band together to do it. Kerry, Kelly, Junior and maybe Taylor by just her name since she is under 18.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:31 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Jr's season is finished before it even starts-I predict he's gonna finish middle of the pack this year.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:52 PM
Senior Board Member
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoopr
Jr's season is finished before it even starts-I predict he's gonna finish middle of the pack this year.
Yet still richer than all of us combined....................

It was a great start to the year for Tony in the Bud shootout.