User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2007, 04:55 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I don't care about peoples money and I'm not impressed if people have money or not-Jr. is over-rated
Old 02-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I have to agree, he is overrated some. Can he drive, sure, but he is not his daddy nor is he a Jeff Gordon. The closest to both of them is Tony Stewart. I have a feeling that unless this thing gets figured out very very soon it will be what yoopr said, a middle of the pack run this year. Look at Mikey for example last year, horrendous as his mind was elsewhere all season long while trying to get Michael Waltrip Racing off the ground.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:59 PM
Senior Board Member

You guys do realize that the CAR means much more than the mindset of the driver?
The reason JR didnt have a very good year 2 years ago it was because DEI fell far behind the others,last year they made some gains,I love when people make predictions on the year with nothing to base it on more than what they see from a distance.Do I feel that the contract could be a distraction? Of course,do I think that it will affect his driving when in the heat of the battle,of course not.It could have an effect on his team though,not being sure of their future.

It is all about the car,every driver in the cup series has been a champion some where else,they can all wheel a car,but if it is not set up properly and have the horsepower behind it anyone can look average.

Old 02-11-2007, 08:09 PM
Senior Board Member

I don't think he's overrated, he has come along way since his Busch days, he's grown up alot to. This DEI thing will surely distract him, either way, he makes it big. He does have that last name tho to (try) and live up to his dad, one thing to, at this point in his career, he's a cleaner driver than his dad was.

Has Mr. Ford said, he's not the best out there, but with somthing like 16 or 17 wins already, he's doing pretty good for himself.

"I love when people make predictions on the year with nothing to base it on more than what they see from a distance" Well said mike3fan.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:50 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3fan
You guys do realize that the CAR means much more than the mindset of the driver?
The reason JR didnt have a very good year 2 years ago it was because DEI fell far behind the others,last year they made some gains,I love when people make predictions on the year with nothing to base it on more than what they see from a distance.Do I feel that the contract could be a distraction? Of course,do I think that it will affect his driving when in the heat of the battle,of course not.It could have an effect on his team though,not being sure of their future.

It is all about the car,every driver in the cup series has been a champion some where else,they can all wheel a car,but if it is not set up properly and have the horsepower behind it anyone can look average.
DEI has all the money in the world to Get a car set up "Right" so that's no excuse.
I guess we'll see if my "Prediction" is "Right" or not

"I love when people make predictions on the year with nothing to base it on more than what they see from a distance"

ahhhhh-I see-you're "Closer" to it than me
Old 02-11-2007, 10:10 PM
Board Icon

You can have a good car but if your not focused completely, your going to run in the back or wreck. Ask every driver and they will tell you, the wrecks usually happen when someone loses focus. Junior has admitted to losing focus a number of times during races. A few of those have resulted in crashes.

Yoop, they have all the money but they have also lost most of their top notch staff. Ty Norris took a bunch to Mikey's place while others were bought off by other teams. There is no loyalty amongst team members, it's whomever can pay the most.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:22 PM
Board Icon

anyway-I'm still Ticked at Dish Network-I can't get distant Fox channels because those Bozo's lost a law suit so I think I'm screwed for watching NASCAR this year
Old 02-12-2007, 12:33 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
ahhhhh-I see-you're "Closer" to it than me
nope,but I am not making predictions either.

Tell me now before the season starts,I give you first pick +/- 8 1/2 place points at finish?

I'll take other for a $25 gift card your choice.

Old 02-12-2007, 12:36 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoopr
anyway-I'm still Ticked at Dish Network-I can't get distant Fox channels because those Bozo's lost a law suit so I think I'm screwed for watching NASCAR this year
If I didn't have $500 wrapped up in this HD/DVR receiver,I would switch over to direct tv.

Old 02-12-2007, 02:04 AM
Board Icon

Tell me now before the season starts,I give you first pick +/- 8 1/2 place points at finish?

wanna try that again?-that doesn't make sense plus there's no gambling on this site-Gentleman's bet