Thanks for playing.

Old 01-10-2007, 04:45 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I'll add a quick thing to that. I hate Boise State...I'm an Iowa State fan and the fact that ISU had to go play Boise State on their own homefield Smurf Turf for a bowl game a few years back, still rankles me. But facts are facts and undefeated is undefeated and that's what I'm basing my comments on.

Old 01-10-2007, 04:53 PM

The Gators have consistently mopped the floor with WAC and MAC teams. I don't believe Boise St would have a snowball's chance in hell of beating the Gators if they played next week or anytime for that matter. As a Gator fan I have too many times witnessed a MAC or WAC team come to the swamp and it ain't pretty, it's usually at least 50 points for the Gators and less than 17 for the other team.

I have said all along ,(scroll down a few posts) that ANY team that gives up 35+ points has no business playing for a national championship, that includes Michigan and Ohio ST. The Gators never gave up more than 29 the whole season. What did Boise St do in it's bowl victory? They gave up 42 points. What did Ohio St do against michigan? they gave up 39 points. Neither of them has anything that even remotely resembles a defense. how many point's did the Gators give up defensively? 7, now thats a defense.

All you folks that are bringing up Boise St, wouldn't even bring up boise St if Ohio St had beat the Gators. By your logic Ohio St and Boise state should have split the Championship, but you would never hear that cause Ohio St. is the Big Bad 10 right. I'm still scatching my head as to why they didn't rank Boise St #2 AHEAD OF OHIO ST in the final poll.

You want a playoff? How about Boise St steps onto the field at Neyland Stadium(VOLS) in front of 105,000 and then take them to Doak Cambell(Noles) , and then take em to Atlanta to face Arkansas, and if they win all of them, then they have earned the right to play The Mighty Gators

Oh it's great to be a Gator fan these days, better than sex, better than chocalate, it's almost better than fishin and drinkin beer, but not quite.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:57 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: Livin' large in the Ozark mountains of western Arkansas

Now I don't know about the better than sex part, Cripplecreek!! :lol: :lol:
"Talk to me Goose".
"What we're dealin' with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law," Sheriff Buford T. Justice.
Friends don't let friends drive for C.R. England!
Old 01-10-2007, 06:34 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripplecreek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Flyer
I'm with Batman on this one. A playoff system is WAAAAY overdue and can't understand why the powers that be in college football don't see that! Yeah, I yelled and rooted for the Gators last night even though they beat my beloved Razorbacks this past season. We SEC teams may go at each other fast and furious when we play each other in the regular season but we stick by and support each other in the major bowl games, especially the BCS championship game last night. GREAT JOB, GATORS!! You guys brought a national championship to the SEC and did us proud! :rock:
You got that right flyer, Florida's arch enemy is the Tennessee Vols, but me and alot of Gator fans I know would still root for them in a bowl game, to bad they lost to Penn St. they let it get away from them in the 4th quarter. The SEC all the way.
Once the Gators came back to beat the vols 21-20 this season, I knew Florida was no joke this year. TN had that game won but got to complacent. Florida deserved it. I love the vols and always root against the Gators, but I was pulling for them all the way in the Fiesta Bowl.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Flyer
Now I don't know about the better than sex part, Cripplecreek!! :lol: :lol:
Your right flyer, I may have been goin out on a limb there, thank goodness my significant other of 10 years doesn't care about trucking or college football. The clear history tool, what a wonderful thing.