User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2007, 06:58 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Flyer
I'm with Batman on this one. A playoff system is WAAAAY overdue and can't understand why the powers that be in college football don't see that! Yeah, I yelled and rooted for the Gators last night even though they beat my beloved Razorbacks this past season. We SEC teams may go at each other fast and furious when we play each other in the regular season but we stick by and support each other in the major bowl games, especially the BCS championship game last night. GREAT JOB, GATORS!! You guys brought a national championship to the SEC and did us proud! :rock:
You got that right flyer, Florida's arch enemy is the Tennessee Vols, but me and alot of Gator fans I know would still root for them in a bowl game, to bad they lost to Penn St. they let it get away from them in the 4th quarter. The SEC all the way.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:26 PM

There are certainly rumblings of a playoff system but i believe that the soonest it would be implemented would be 2010.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:13 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

"Rumblings" have been going on about the BCS forever and nothing ever gets done.

However, the good thing about it is that the National Champion should be Boise State

Agree 100%
Old 01-10-2007, 12:35 AM
Board Regular

Hey Yooper when a team gets beat 41 to 14 and gets owned like Ohio State did last night that’s not rust, that’s domination. It is obvious that Florida is a much better team top to bottom than Ohio State is. Moreover, the SEC is easily the strongest conference top to bottom in all of college football.

The Big 10 got exposed last night! I salute all those sportscasters who were nearly successful in forcing through an all Big 10 national championship, may those losers reap what they sow!
Old 01-10-2007, 12:41 AM
Board Icon

no excuses for OSU but time between playing was 2 months and that's unexcuseable.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:15 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
no excuses for OSU but time between playing was 2 months and that's unexcuseable.
I don’t agree with the long layoffs either because I’ve seen it work both ways, but the way OSU was owned last night was more than just rust, that was pure utter domination by a much better team, and a team that can’t get excited and motivated to play for the national championship doesn’t deserve to win. Nevertheless, I’ve been pushing for a playoff system for years.

I’d like to see the 117 division 1A teams divided up into 8 conferences with the 8 conference champions playing in a national championship tournament to start the week after the final conference championship is decided. At the same time we could keep the current bowl system we already have in place with the exception being that the 4 BCS bowls would become the semi-final championship games and a final championship collegiate super bowl would be added to be played the following week that would determine the eventual national champion.

As we have seen, the current BCS system is little more than a glorified popularity contest with the national press invariably always being biased in favor of teams from the north or the west coast.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:17 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
the National Champion should be Boise State
If Boise State were in the SEC and had to play week in and week out the same difficult very tough schedule each SEC team has to play throughout the season, by the end of the season they would be so beat up that they would probably lose three games given the same caliber of opponents each SEC team must play. I agree that this season’s Boise State team was pretty good for not being a BCS team, but in no way are they a national championship caliber team given the level of their competition and the schedule that they play.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:26 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
If Boise State were in the SEC and had to play week in and week out the same difficult very tough schedule each SEC team has to play throughout the season, by the end of the season they would be so beat up that they would probably lose three games given the same caliber of opponents each SEC team must play. I agree that this season’s Boise State team was pretty good for not being a BCS team, but in no way are they a national championship caliber team given the level of their competition and the schedule that they play.
Pure conjecture, nothing more. You have no idea how Boise State would have done in the SEC. They went undefeated (only undefeated team in division 1-A0, beat 6 bowl teams this year, went undefeated, then beat Oklahoma in what was probably the best bowl game in recent history. Yet they are not National Champions because the BCS is exactly what it was not supposed to be...a popularity contest.

Old 01-10-2007, 02:53 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Flyer
We SEC teams may go at each other fast and furious when we play each other in the regular season but we stick by and support each other in the major bowl games
Maybe the SEC,but not the Big 12. :P

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 01-10-2007, 03:59 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
Quote:
Pure conjecture, nothing more. You have no idea how Boise State would have done in the SEC. They went undefeated (only undefeated team in division 1-A0, beat 6 bowl teams this year, went undefeated, then beat Oklahoma in what was probably the best bowl game in recent history. Yet they are not National Champions because the BCS is exactly what it was not supposed to be...a popularity contest.
Label it conjecture all you want, but apparently their number 5 ranking indicates that a hell of a lot more people agrees with me than agrees with you.