User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2016, 09:45 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Log book

As a local driver who almost always stays within 100 air miles, do I need to fill out a logbook?
My supervisor said because I cross state lines I need to fill one out. MAYBE 1 time a month I MAY go over 100 air miles. Also, if I do need a log, can I use the graft as normal and just put " local " where I would normally write in the towns and states? I'm not sure what to do because I may at some point have to drive outside of the 100 air mile radius.
On a different subject, some of our trailer have the ABS light on. What is the penalty for pulling a trailer with the light on? I do a lot of drop and hook, so I often get stuck taking one of those trailers.
Old 10-22-2016, 01:34 AM

I used to run 100 mile radius in NC and sometimes I might go to SC for a short run.I used a daily drivers time book where I put time in on duty,and time off duty,and not to exceed 12 hours.That was before the 1/2 hour break came into effect.I was also told by my boss to use a regular graph page and insert it into my book if I went on a longer run past the 100 mile limit like you said.

that abs light may come on because of a faulty or loose connection on the cable going to the brakes.I used to have a trailer have a bad connection causing the light to come on,one day I taped it together and it hasn`t came on since.You might want to give it a visual going over and if you see a wire hanging down
Old 10-22-2016, 02:37 PM
Senior Board Member

I have been written up on the inspection for abs the light and I have been put out of service, it depends on the officer, but they will NOT overlook it..we were also told when I ran local to use a regular log on the days when we went more than 100 air miles
Old 10-23-2016, 12:48 AM
Senior Board Member

What did you use on days less than 100 air miles
Old 10-23-2016, 05:37 PM

I used the drivers time record book
here is a link to one similier to the one I used.
I was in and out of the truck so much it would be hell using a regular log graph book.I logged in the time for starting,ending and put in a 1/2 hour lunch break.There is a 12 hour on duty rule i think

Driver's Time Record For JJ Keller Log Auditing Service Clients 694-L
Old 10-28-2016, 03:06 PM
Senior Board Member

a time sheet book
Old 06-15-2017, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdrfd View Post
As a local driver who almost always stays within 100 air miles, do I need to fill out a logbook?
My supervisor said because I cross state lines I need to fill one out. MAYBE 1 time a month I MAY go over 100 air miles. Also, if I do need a log, can I use the graft as normal and just put " local " where I would normally write in the towns and states? I'm not sure what to do because I may at some point have to drive outside of the 100 air mile radius.
On a different subject, some of our trailer have the ABS light on. What is the penalty for pulling a trailer with the light on? I do a lot of drop and hook, so I often get stuck taking one of those trailers.
As for me - i would have filled the log book. These records are to be stored for at least 3 years.