User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2015, 03:29 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default "Preventible accident" advice needed

I have 4 "preventable accidents" now on my DAC. (all were in yards and all involved trailers and were more incidents then accidents.) 2 of which are BS and I will appeal). I now have been turned down by the first 3 big companies I have applied to as a result of these. My main question is if I went to a lease program are these things still checked before employment? Thanks
Old 11-14-2015, 09:10 PM
Senior Board Member

Accidents in yards don't count. You can even run over little kids in a yard, no problem. Not like you actually did anything. I'm sure if someone ran into your car in the yard you would be OK with it. As soon as you lease you become a better driver so no one cares what you did before.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:33 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapgame44 View Post
I have 4 "preventable accidents" now on my DAC. (all were in yards and all involved trailers and were more incidents then accidents.) 2 of which are BS and I will appeal). I now have been turned down by the first 3 big companies I have applied to as a result of these. My main question is if I went to a lease program are these things still checked before employment? Thanks
Find a trucking company that doesn't use trailers... seems that's the issue for you. Those pesky things! They only cost around $30k.. a mere fraction of what these big companies make... trucking companies should never be concerned about the damage that their drivers do on a daily basis. I mean.. getting upset with a driver who has damaged 4 trailers by backing or pulling forward into other trailers. (potentially damaging even more of those pesky, bothersome trailers).. is irrational.. they shouldn't be upset of even count accidents that driver's have until they start killing people or damaging the tractors I guess...
Old 11-15-2015, 04:56 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1 View Post
Accidents in yards don't count. You can even run over little kids in a yard, no problem. Not like you actually did anything. I'm sure if someone ran into your car in the yard you would be OK with it. As soon as you lease you become a better driver so no one cares what you did before.
I started out thinking what azzhole! Then I got it

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington
Old 11-16-2015, 08:47 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by repete View Post
I started out thinking what azzhole! Then I got it
Just that you see this type of question all the time. It was just accidents/incedents in a yard so it shouldn't make any difference.
Right along with the"does ***company do hair drug tests? I tested positive but it's BS. Someone must have put pot in something i ate.
Just the typical "i'm not responsible for what i do" It's someone elses fault.

But i really am an azzhole.
Old 11-19-2015, 05:57 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapgame44 View Post
They will look at your safety record and you will probably need to stay accident free for at least 5 years to go anywhere remotely reputable. Get some backing training, take your lumps and stop trying to evade accountability, potential employers look at your attitude towards these events as much as they look at the event itself.
Old 03-31-2016, 05:35 PM
Senior Board Member

Anything on a DAC can be disputed and according to the law if the company does not counter your dispute must be removed. Only incidents that are DOT reportable accidents should be listed as accidents on the DAC, so that would be where i would stand in the appeal. The report must then be amended to 'incident' or removed. Most big companies do not care much what the details were, rather just count 1, 2, 3- you're out whether accident or incident. So your goal in the appeal should be removal.