Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Rules and Regulations and DAC, Oh My (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/rules-regulations-dac-oh-my-16/)
-   -   "Preventible accident" advice needed (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/rules-regulations-dac-oh-my/45607-preventible-accident-advice-needed.html)

Crapgame44 11-14-2015 03:29 PM

"Preventible accident" advice needed

I have 4 "preventable accidents" now on my DAC. (all were in yards and all involved trailers and were more incidents then accidents.) 2 of which are BS and I will appeal). I now have been turned down by the first 3 big companies I have applied to as a result of these. My main question is if I went to a lease program are these things still checked before employment? Thanks

chris1 11-14-2015 09:10 PM

Accidents in yards don't count. You can even run over little kids in a yard, no problem. Not like you actually did anything. I'm sure if someone ran into your car in the yard you would be OK with it. As soon as you lease you become a better driver so no one cares what you did before.

Fozzy 11-15-2015 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crapgame44 (Post 535818)
I have 4 "preventable accidents" now on my DAC. (all were in yards and all involved trailers and were more incidents then accidents.) 2 of which are BS and I will appeal). I now have been turned down by the first 3 big companies I have applied to as a result of these. My main question is if I went to a lease program are these things still checked before employment? Thanks

Find a trucking company that doesn't use trailers... seems that's the issue for you. Those pesky things! They only cost around $30k.. a mere fraction of what these big companies make... trucking companies should never be concerned about the damage that their drivers do on a daily basis. I mean.. getting upset with a driver who has damaged 4 trailers by backing or pulling forward into other trailers. (potentially damaging even more of those pesky, bothersome trailers).. is irrational.. they shouldn't be upset of even count accidents that driver's have until they start killing people or damaging the tractors I guess...

repete 11-15-2015 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris1 (Post 535821)
Accidents in yards don't count. You can even run over little kids in a yard, no problem. Not like you actually did anything. I'm sure if someone ran into your car in the yard you would be OK with it. As soon as you lease you become a better driver so no one cares what you did before.

I started out thinking what azzhole! Then I got it :)

chris1 11-16-2015 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by repete (Post 535838)
I started out thinking what azzhole! Then I got it :)

Just that you see this type of question all the time. It was just accidents/incedents in a yard so it shouldn't make any difference.
Right along with the"does ***company do hair drug tests? I tested positive but it's BS. Someone must have put pot in something i ate.
Just the typical "i'm not responsible for what i do" It's someone elses fault.

But i really am an azzhole.

urziel 11-19-2015 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crapgame44 (Post 535818)

They will look at your safety record and you will probably need to stay accident free for at least 5 years to go anywhere remotely reputable. Get some backing training, take your lumps and stop trying to evade accountability, potential employers look at your attitude towards these events as much as they look at the event itself.

One 03-31-2016 05:35 PM

Anything on a DAC can be disputed and according to the law if the company does not counter your dispute must be removed. Only incidents that are DOT reportable accidents should be listed as accidents on the DAC, so that would be where i would stand in the appeal. The report must then be amended to 'incident' or removed. Most big companies do not care much what the details were, rather just count 1, 2, 3- you're out whether accident or incident. So your goal in the appeal should be removal.