User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2016, 01:45 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Golfhobo, I won't spend the next hour going through your post and responding. It is obvious that you are having a meltdown. So, let's get back to the original topic, which is elogs.
Old 04-11-2016, 09:28 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
Golfhobo, I won't spend the next hour going through your post and responding. It is obvious that you are having a meltdown. So, let's get back to the original topic, which is elogs.
No meltdown. Just tired of hearing you make every post an attack on Dems or Libs.... even when it's not in the Politics forum (as evidenced here.)

Don't know all that much about the origin of the ELOG mandate... but, pretty sure it wasn't Obama's idea.

Conservatives are aligned with big business. Surely, you don't argue that fact. The ELOG mandate, according to you, would give THEM more control over us drivers. Am I still right? I really don't care too much either way, cuz I've been using them for awhile and don't see a problem.

But... I note that it has not yet been "settled" during a Democratic administration. So... I'd say they aren't "all in" on it.

IIRC.... almost ALL of this new HOS crap started in 2001 or 2003. Do I need to remind you who was POTUS at the time?

Nice "try," GMAN. But, you conservatives OWN this one.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 04-12-2016, 11:52 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Both parties are aligned with big business and special interest groups. I find it interesting that Democrats choose to associated Republicans with business and try to convince the populace that they are not. Just off the top of my head I can name a few big businesses that support Democrats. George Soros and his many enterprises is a huge supporter of communist/democratic candidates and causes. GE is a big supporter of Democrats as are many in Hollywood. Then there is Walmart and Tyson Foods. Some big businesses support both parties so that they can wield influence whoever wins. I have been involved in political campaigns on both sides and seen it first hand. Both have dirty hands.

As far as elogs are concerned, I don't recall ever stating that it was Obama who created elogs or the mandate. It was the ATA and a handful of major carriers who pushed this legislation and when it failed to pass as a stand alone bill, it was put into the highway bill in the middle of the night and at the last minute so that they could force this through congress. It was under Obama's watch and his people who supported elogs. His administration is all about control. We have seen literally thousands of useless new regulations under his administration. Elogs have never been about safety. They are about money. Unfortunately, that is true with most regulations. If you are using elogs and happy with them, then good for you. Most of us don't want to be forced to purchase the hardware or spend the monthly fee on something we can do for a fraction of the cost with paper. From a business point of view, I can purchase about 3 years worth of paper logs for what I would be forced to spend monthly with elogs and that does not include the hardware. It is easier for a mega carrier to justify the costs of installing elogs. I think one reason some of these big carriers have pushed elogs for everyone is so they won't see a mass exodus of drivers to carriers who don't use elogs. When a driver (most) have a choice between working for a carrier that uses elogs and on one that uses paper, most will choose the carrier that uses paper.
Old 05-04-2016, 07:50 PM
Senior Board Member

Don't make me look up what proportion of 'support' by GE and Walmart goes to which party, but I can guarantee you the facts will not support your view.

As to Elogs- I do not mind them as long as the driver can edit them when he sees fit, are not linked to tracking devices nor accessible to carriers in real time to check how many hours the driver has. We all know you can run an elog on an ipad or similar device and upload that record to the carrier at legally prescribed intervals by tethering your device to a cell phone or logging onto an open wifi. So really running elogs is not highly costly, but the junk hardware carriers want us to install is.
Old 05-05-2016, 02:18 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

If a driver can edit his own elogs, it defeats the purpose of installing them, even though the driver should be able to edit as needed. The carrier can edit them, but the driver can't. I think that if a carrier requires an owner operator to install elogs and they insist they install a specific brand, that they should be willing to reimburse the owner operator or pay for it themselves along with the monthly fee. If you look at how the IRS determines whether someone is an independent contractor or employee, this could be considered something that would change an owner operator from an independent contractor to an employee, due to the control issue. At this point it is not even a law or required by the feds, yet a number of carriers require elogs in order to lease to them.
Old 05-15-2016, 10:27 PM
Senior Board Member

Can't speak to anyone else, but I can edit my e-logs all I need to, except driving line.
Old 05-16-2016, 09:19 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead View Post
Can't speak to anyone else, but I can edit my e-logs all I need to, except driving line.
Most people who have actually run electronic logs know that.. its the "experts" and conspiracy theorists who have never ran them that don't know.