User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2012, 03:26 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Should have done what I did I went to a brand spanking new walk in clinic and they had never done a dot physical before. They just asked me what they were suppose to do. I had to walk them step by step on everything. I guess I could've cheated but I'm pretty healthy for the most part.

Hobo I was surprised too when 371 didn't want my long form. They just wanted a copy of my card.

I also. Think you got ripped off I paid $55 for my physical. I am with you though on my procrastination. My physical was due on the 17th so I got it done on the 17th.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:53 AM
Board Icon

Steve said:

Quote:
Should have done what I did I went to a brand spanking new walk in clinic and they had never done a dot physical before. They just asked me what they were suppose to do. I had to walk them step by step on everything. I guess I could've cheated but I'm pretty healthy for the most part.
Well... technically that's against the regs. The docs are supposed to be "familiar" with the regs and requirements of the DOT. Anyway... that will all change in 2014 when they have to be on the "registry." Thing was.... this clinic does hundreds of DOT physicals for dozens of FedEx locations in the area. It never crossed my mind they wouldn't know what they were doing!

Quote:
Hobo I was surprised too when 371 didn't want my long form. They just wanted a copy of my card.
Well... after getting the letter (and being aware of the CDLIS rulemaking) I wasn't really surprised. But, I sure didn't want to give the DMV a copy of that 3-month physical! You know how THEY are. Somewhere down the road.... when someone checked.... they would probably have never updated their files and I'd be OOS.

Where is 371? I know it's not Memphis... but, I can't remember the number for Nashville. Didn't know TN had another full size hub. [You did say TN somewhere, didn't you?]

Quote:
I also think you got ripped off I paid $55 for my physical. I am with you though on my procrastination. My physical was due on the 17th so I got it done on the 17th.
Well, I only paid $57 at the walk-in clinic. My "personal doctor" charged WAY more than I had ever paid for a physical or any kind of visit to him before. Course... I hadn't been to him since 2006. I was kinda shocked at the charge.... but, too glad to have gotten the 2-yr to really care. Couple hundred total for 2 more years of this kind of money ain't nuthin!

But, if I had made an app't with my VA doctor a few months before my original due date.... my co-pay would have been about $15-35. Well, I've got two years to start planning for the next one! I'm sure I won't let it sneak up on me again (not...)

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:55 AM

Yes 371 is Nashville. It is actually a bigger hub freight wise than Memphis is but Memphis also has olive branch. You can always tell the hub or terminal # by the 1st 3 digits of the zip.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:01 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve3662 View Post
Yes 371 is Nashville. It is actually a bigger hub freight wise than Memphis is but Memphis also has olive branch. You can always tell the hub or terminal # by the 1st 3 digits of the zip.
For some reason, I was thinking Nashville was 375. I've only been there about 3 or 4 times. I like the people there.

Zip code based, eh? Boy... do I feel stupid! I never KNEW that.

Do you, personally drive? Ever get to 274 (Greensboro) or 282 (charlotte?) Of course, I'm usually only around on Sundays and Mondays.... but, would love to come and meet ya!
Old 12-28-2012, 11:19 AM

I drive some. I will drive pretty much the whole time of the so called peak. Then I will fill in for vacations or any other reason a driver might need off or if they are overwhelmed I will get one of our part time drivers to run too. I usually end up running 1-2 days a week mostly buttheads. I don't get to 274 or 282 much. Most of 371s freight going into those two is a solo dandridge butthead. But I like to steer clear of 282 don't feel like rolling any trailers with that construction. If I do have a truck go into 282 they usually send them to that rack room shoes or whatever in gaffney. I operate 9 trucks fixing to be 10 but only run 7-8 trucks and keep 1-2 as a spare in case a truck needs to go into the shop. Once the new truck comes I am pulling an older truck out of FedEx and buying a flatbed and will run flatbed with it. It is fixing to be disqualified from going to California because their EPA laws with the year and its getting up there in miles.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:14 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

A friend sent me an article about the dot registry that stated that we may be paying over $200 for our physicals once this is implemented. I hope that isn't true. I don't see why any physician can't read and fill in the blanks on the forms. Doctors will need to purchase new software where all of our medical information is in a huge government database. My former doctor used to do my dot physicals and he used to do the FAA physicals for pilots. He stopped doing them when the government forced doctors to spend thousands of dollars on software in order to be able to do them. My guess is that we will see the same thing with the dot physicals once this is implemented. Just consider it another tax that we will pay.