User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2012, 01:26 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

did i hert hobo's filling. he has not been back on for a week. we want to know how is your delema comming and did you take actions to resolve this?
Old 12-17-2012, 05:37 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogBook View Post
did i hert hobo's filling. he has not been back on for a week. we want to know how is your delema comming and did you take actions to resolve this?
No hurt feelings, Logbook. Sometimes, I NEED a kick in the arse. Thanks.

I'm usually out for a week at a time. Sometimes, I get a chance to get online during that week.... sometimes, not.

I wish I could tell you it is solved, but I am still struggling with it. I DO have an appt with my "family doctor" for the week of Christmas (as a last resort.) Pretty sure he will see things differently.

Just got off the phone with my Dad asking the same question. HIS opinion is that I might have a hard time "educating" a doctor who pretty much thinks he's already "educated." I KNOW this... and hence my hesitation to go back and "discuss" his misunderstanding of the regs and the physical requirements.

I KNOW I have to do something... and quick! I would like to have more than just the chance of next week's physical with my family doctor. What if HE doesn't see it my way? I hope to accomplish something today... but, am almost paralyzed by my A.D.D.

I know what I need to do. But, if you have no experience with depression and A.D.D., you have no idea the anxiety and paralysis I'm feeling. But.... thanks again for your support and concern.

I'm kinda like Congress. I usually wait until the last minute to get things done. It seems the impending DOOM must loom larger than the fear of action before I WILL act.

One reason trucking fits me so well, is the "structured" environment. When I'm on the job... I know what I must do, and I do it. When multiple decisions are involved in my personal life... I have trouble. I just didn't see this coming.

Again... thank you for being concerned. I hope I will do the right thing and make you proud.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:07 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganDriver View Post
Hobo - for what it's worth I'm flip flopping on this. The fact that you said he's from somewhere else has me thinking you wouldn't have said that if his English was good. I can't imagine a person with broken English being receptive to subtlety, nuance or tact (whichever word is appropriate here). To be honest, I'd just get the cert somewhere else.
You think YOU'RE "flip-flopping!" LOL!

I was very careful about how I described his "ethnicity." I don't want to cast aspurgeons on him just because he is from India. His english is actually VERY good. But, like some on this board, his comprehension might not be up to par. If I had to guess... I'd say he MAY have been born here in America... but... I kinda doubt it.

Point is... I don't believe he (or the superior he consulted with) actually understand (or have thoroughly read) the regs and/or the guidance TO the doctors who perform DOT physicals. I find this hard to believe... but, am faced with overwhelming evidence of it. And... it really has nothing to DO with his language skills. (maybe.)

The section of the physical form where a hernia would be indicated CLEARLY states that it is not a "disqualifier," yet... that was the first words out of his mouth after he confirmed that I HAD a minor one. I said, "WHAT? My last doctor knew of it and gave me a 2 year card!"

He said, "Well... if you KNEW you had one... why didn't you have it fixed?"

I was too stunned to discuss it with him, and read the guidance on the form to him, at the time. I just felt lucky to get a 3 month card and go my way. BIG mistake! [I had not thoroughly read the guidance myself at the time.]

It is much harder to UNDO a wrong after you let it be "done." To go back in there now, and request a consultation with him about his failure to understand HIS JOB.... is very difficult for me.

You ALL know that I am not the most "tactful" person in the world. Telling someone on this board that they are "full of it" is much easier than a face to face confrontation. Not sure I could control my sharp tongue and my disdain for his ignorance.... or "mistake."

Not that things would be WORSE if I failed to be "diplomatic."

One of the major symptoms of A.D.D. is the fear of a worst case outcome. Often, this is NOT the case... yet, that is what paralyzes us.

I thank you ALL for your concern. And I am weighing your advice. But, the struggle is my own and unfortunately, no one can help me with this.

And, unfortunately... the only medication that helps me with this ALSO presents a problem to the DOT. [though, it IS accepted.]
Old 12-17-2012, 06:11 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Solo View Post
In my opinion, a major difference exists between being an "a-hole who KNOWS he's right" and being assertive and politely saying to the waiter, "Does this steak look medium-well to you? Because it's lookin' medium-rare at best to me."
Thank you for your input N_Solo. And, of course... you are right. Problem is.... I would never return a steak if I could help it... though, I HAVE.

And welcome to CAD.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:13 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelDarlin View Post
Exactly!!!
Your inference is noted. Thanks for your support... or lack thereof.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:59 PM
Senior Board Member

SOMEBODY needs to correct this Dr. His misunderstanding could effect LOTS of CDL holders. If not for yourself, do it for others, Hobo.

He's wrong. You're right. Period.

This past May I had my bi-annual done and ALSO was informed I have a small hernia that I was unaware of. I got a new 2 year card...
Old 12-22-2012, 06:33 AM

sorry hobo but im gana jump back in here,

"He's wrong. You're right. Period" DaveP

i have to disagree with that statement. think its the doc. jugement call and there for he's alwas right. just like the law...its how one(judge) thinks it reads is how they will use it. something like that you get my point.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:32 PM
Board Icon

Okay, thanks everyone for your help. I said no one could help me but myself, but I meant no one could do it FOR me. Anyway... I ended up wussing out on the confrontation, for now. I went to the family doctor today, and he didn't see a problem with it and gave me a 2 year card. Whew!

I may send that other "clinic" a copy of some regs and explain what they did to me, but... not today.

Cost me $150 to correct HIS mistake... but, it's my own fault for putting it off so long that I couldn't get an appointment at the V.A. for the "original" physical re-cert. I'll NEVER learn, I guess!

Anyway... thanks to all for your help and support.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:22 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I'm seeing bits of my spinal column in my stool lately.
Also been coughing up gall stones.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:39 PM
Senior Board Member
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
I'm seeing bits of my spinal column in my stool lately.
Also been coughing up gall stones.
When they do a "greatest hits" of Roadhog posts I believe this post will be there as a shining example of what a human being can accomplish.

Personally, I'm glad just to be a part of it.