User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2011, 07:13 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

OH, and just a quick footnote.

The letter in Dispatch when I left last night only had 4 signatures attached to it. There are about 150 of us. Speaks for itself, 'nuff said.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:35 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jteamomaha View Post
OH, and just a quick footnote.

The letter in Dispatch when I left last night only had 4 signatures attached to it. There are about 150 of us. Speaks for itself, 'nuff said.

Wait another week or so...and see how many sig's are on it.

You have done all you can do. Hopefully it didn't land on deaf ears.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:12 PM
Senior Board Member

I just want to clarify something, CSA 2010 is not a regulation, nor a set of new laws. It is the same old laws enforced the exact same way. The difference is how FMCSA deals with violations and passed inspections. More information is also available to street level enforcement officers.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:12 PM

Just a quick update.....after a week there are 37 signatures on the letter. That's roughly 1/5 of the Drivers. It seems that after the Officer was asked to tone things down a bit there may have been some who actually got something valuable out of the meeting. To them, kudos. For the rest of us, well, I guess it "sucks to be us."

It was claimed that videos of the meeting(s) were sent to DPS....seems as though they may have been "edited." My guess is that the juicy stuff is no longer there for viewing. The Company is in damage control mode, for all the wrong reasons IMO. They're trying to silence those who were upset at this whole fiasco. Doesn't matter really, the guy said what he said in front of too many people. You cannot take back the spoken word. At the end of the day he's still in the wrong, it doesn't matter how many signatures you can gather or no matter how hard to you try to silence the opposition...my guess is that not much more will happen with this. In the end, the people that needed to know what this guy was up to now know. What happens to him is really none of our business I guess, but if I do hear I'll post the update.

Thanks again for everyone's input, much appreciated.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:35 AM

Things aren't so rosy at DPS.....interesting story.

Arizona Department of Public Safety workers unhappy, survey finds