User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2008, 09:17 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Dac

How do you get a copy of your dac report?
I was just shot down trying to et a job cuz of some thing my dac said. That werner let me go when if fact I quit(had alot of persnal stuff going on at the time) did not do it under a load or any thing gave them notice and finshed my runs and droped my truck where they told me all clean and shiny

I just want to know what it says for sure and maybe find away to fix it

Thanks
Ryan
Old 09-26-2008, 09:25 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Dac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tei
How do you get a copy of your dac report?
I was just shot down trying to et a job cuz of some thing my dac said. That werner let me go when if fact I quit(had alot of persnal stuff going on at the time) did not do it under a load or any thing gave them notice and finshed my runs and droped my truck where they told me all clean and shiny

I just want to know what it says for sure and maybe find away to fix it

Thanks
Ryan
http://www.classadrivers.com/phpBB2/...=29541&start=0
Old 09-26-2008, 09:41 PM
Rookie

Thansk
Old 10-04-2008, 02:40 PM
Rookie

I spent time and money correcting DAC once..It was difficult and tedious to correct an error that was 5 years old on my co-drivers record

Then two years later, after I had corrected the record once, the DAC report showed that my co-driver had been pulling a flat bed and I had been pulling a reefer ..at the same time, using the same truck..The reefer and flatbed have two different trailer numbers.
DAC has the credibility of a back fence gossip monger and I don't waste time/money correcting them.
Simply collect evidence to refute any errors on the report, and when applying for a new job, tell the prospective employer what is on the DAC report, present your factual information and references from previous employers. If the employers are made aware of the reliability and credibility of DAC reports by drivers refuting the reports directly to the employers..rather than correcting DAC, maybe DAC will be more careful and aware of what errors are on the reports.

When you leave a job, get a letter of recommendation. Keep records of any tickets or accidents. Present the factual information to a prospective employer and explain that, should the employer get the DAC report... the DAC report is in error.
Protect yourself from DAC...rather than correcting the errors..and forestall any accusations of "falsifying applications"

Last edited by X; 10-05-2008 at 05:56 PM.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:29 PM

I havent had anything show up on my dac that i havent already known was there {knock on wood}
Old 01-13-2009, 02:58 AM
Rookie
Default You can clean up your DAC!!!!

A DAC report is just like a credit report. In fact in falls under the same guidlines as the fair credit act. You are entiteled to a free copy once per year! Just like a credit report in most cases there is a lot of false information on your DAC report.
First go to: Untitled Page at the bottom of the page click on consumer. From there you will find all the information you need to get a copy of your DAC report. Once you have recieved your DAC they will also enclose information on how to dispute the info on your report. You can dispute negative info even though you know its correct. The burdon of proof is on the company to prove they, Fired you, you abandoned a truck, accidents, ect ect ect. I have been doing alot or research on this because a company I worked for listed and "unauthorized location without notice" (abandonment) on my DAC that was totaly false. In most cases (of coarse not all) trucking companies do not respond to the disputes. The either dont have time, or really dont care enough to argue. And the biggest reason they are open to cival action for listing information that prevents you from getting a job! Its just easier and cheaper for them to ignore the dispute.
I had contacted a attorney because of what that comapny had listed was preventing me from getting employment. The attorney I met with was VERY excited to take my case! In his words there are so many things wrong about the DAC system. The fact that this system is one sided (in favor) of trucking companies that alone somehow violates some kinda labor laws! Im not an attorney and dont claim to know all the reasons. I know in my case the attorney was disapointed the negative information was removed.
All I know is that if an employer is goona list something on a data base about you and hinder your abilities to obtain gainful employment then they better have all there information in order.
I honestly dont think it will be much longer and frankly Im suprised it hasnt happened yet. Some Law firm with the means is gonna take on the DAC system and prove it Unconstitutional. The fact that something so powerful should never be one sided. We all know as truck drivers, get a bad DAC report and your pretty much done out here! In many cases the DMs are the ones that deside what info is listed on your DAC when you leave. Get a dispatcher that has a personal agenda against you for even something petty, your career could be over!
How DAC should work is: If a company list anything negative that could be career ending then there should be some kinda hearing. Even if its a Phone hearing. The company and the Driver should be allowed to prove there case. Or before anything negative can be listed DAC should at the very least send a Driver a letter with the said info to be listed. give the Driver a chance to prove or atleast give his side of the story!
To many careers have been ended because of this system. Good drivers have been black listed because of companies or employees trying to get even.
I know for a fac in my case the company listed my abandonment so I couldnt go any place else to drive. It was there sad attempt at "driver retention"

I wish you all the best of luck! Someday we will get a chance to be heard! the website is usisDOTcom

Gator
Old 01-14-2009, 01:35 AM
Board Regular

I sent off for my DAC report three weeks ago and it has not arrived yet. Somehow I am not surprised, but if a prospective employer needed a copy they could probably get it in 30 minutes. I agree with you Gator, there should be some sort of notice or something letting the driver know what is going to be put on their dac report.

Arguing on the C.B. is kinda like running in the Special Olympics, 'cause even if you win your still retarted.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit Lips View Post
I sent off for my DAC report three weeks ago and it has not arrived yet. Somehow I am not surprised, but if a prospective employer needed a copy they could probably get it in 30 minutes. I agree with you Gator, there should be some sort of notice or something letting the driver know what is going to be put on their dac report.
If a prospective employer wants a copy of you DAC/USIS and they subscribe to it they get it instantly, not 10 minutes, not 5 but as soon as they hit enter on the keyboard they have it. On the other hand if you want a copy and don't have a "friend" on the inside at a trucking company who can run it for you then your going to wait 6 weeks or more. I had mine run a couple weeks ago and surprisingly with all the threats from my last employer and how they would "destroy" me with my DAC they didn't put anything negative on it. Apparently the "terminal manager" who was trying to threaten me into staying there didn't have all the authority he thought when it came to my DAC.