Old 07-09-2008, 11:00 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

The Rev said:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
The Rev would not make this mistake, I'm sure. But, the Rev quoted somebody who did.
Since none of those things have anything to do with the subject at hand, what is your point in bringing them up? :roll
I DIDN'T bring them up.... YOU did. What was YOUR point?? :roll:

I was only following your command, to wit:

Quote:
Now stop the damn misinformation in this thread already.
Quote:
Well, since I have your approval, I can go die now
You could do the same WITHOUT my approval. But, it is granted! :wink:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:10 PM
Senior Board Member

Rev here is an article I copied from the Web on the case you CLAIM DID NOT EXSIST.
Trucking Hours-of-Service Rules Overturned

Many things have changed in the motor carrier industry since 1939 when the original hours-of-service (HOS) regulations were prescribed for truck drivers. Our roads are better designed, constructed, and maintained in a nationwide network to provide greater mobility, accessibility, and safety for all highway users. Vehicles have been dramatically improved in terms of design, construction, safety, comfort, efficiency, emissions, technology, and ergonomics. These factors, combined with years of driver fatigue and sleep disorder research, led to a January 2004 revision of the HOS regulations for drivers, the most important component of trucks operating on the highway.

A July 16 court decision, however, has overturned the recent Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration's (FMCSA) hours-of-service rule. The rules allowed truckers to stay on the road for up to 11 straight hours, one more hour than they had been allowed. In addition, it required drivers to take at least 10 hours off between shifts, two more than before. According to the court ruling, “FMCSA failed to consider the impact of the rules on the health of drivers.” Teamsters General President, Jim Hoffa, claimed that the court’s decision to overturn the hours-of-service ruling was a victory for all truck drivers. “Working behind the wheel of a truck is hard, and our concern with this set of rules was that they would increase driver fatigue. We know fatigue creates danger on the highways.”

FMCSA has 45 days from the date of the court decision (July 16, 2004) to decide whether to seek other legal action. However, during that period the hours-of-service regulations put into place in January 2004 will remain in effect. We’ll continue to update you on this issue in future editions of Loss Control Insights.

Back to Insights Newsletter Fall 2004
Source is EMC Insurance

And this one is for the FMCSA website

FMCSA 12-07
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Tel.: (202) 366-9999 or (202) 366-2309

FMCSA Announces Retention of Limits on Truck Driver Hours of Service

WASHINGTON – Truck drivers will continue to be limited to driving only 11 hours within a 14-hour duty period, after which they must go off duty for at least 10 hours under an Interim Final Rule (IFR) made public today by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). The IFR was developed after new data showed that safety levels have been maintained since the 11-hour driving limit was first implemented in 2003.

“This proposal keeps in place hours-of-service limits that improve highway safety by ensuring that drivers are rested and ready to work,” FMCSA Administrator John H. Hill said. “The data makes clear that these rules continue to protect drivers, make our roads safer and keep our economy moving.”

The agency noted that, in 2006, the fatality rate per 100 million vehicle miles traveled was 1.94 – the lowest rate ever recorded. Similarly, since 2003, the percentage of large trucks involved in fatigue-related fatal crashes in the 11th hour of driving has remained below the average of the years 1991-2002. In 2005 alone, the agency noted, there was only one large truck involved in a fatigue-related fatal crash in the 11th hour of driving while in 2004 there were none.

In addition, between 2003, when the 11-hour driving limit and the 34-hour restart were adopted, and 2006, the percent of fatigue-related large truck crashes relative to all fatal large truck crashes has remained consistent. And the agency’s estimates show that only seven percent of large truck crashes are fatigue related.

Hill noted that the agency also is working to finalize a proposed rule that would require drivers and trucking companies with serious or repeat hours-of-service violations to track their hours of service using electronic on-board recorders.

The agency issued the new hours of service rule in response to the recent decision by the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals vacating key provisions of the existing hours of service rules effective on December 27. In order to ensure no gap in coverage of these important safety rules, today’s rule temporarily reinstates those two provisions while the agency gathers public comment on its actions and the underlying safety analysis before issuing a final rule.

So REV YOU WERE WRONG YET AGAIN.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:33 PM
Board Icon

The Supreme Court of Golf today allowed KC0iv to rest his case, and decided in favor of both him AND the Reverend Vassago.

Both were awarded two truckloads of uncrated nuclear infused ping pong balls.

Meanwhile, the defendant, one IronEagle, was remanded to 3rd grade English class, along with co-defendant Bigtimba, for the remainder of their natural lives.

It is the desire of this court that they apply themselves diligently to the study of the English language so that, in time, they might become productive members of society and the trucking industry.

It is further ordered that they cease and desist from ATTEMPTING to translate, report, recount or otherwise speak of FMCSA rulings until they have learned to comprehend basic English.

The court added that it did not please him to have to hand down such harsh justice, but that the sanity of the public at large, and the members of CAD specifically, was at stake.... and outweighed the defendants rights to walk the streets or prowl the internet.

The decision is final. The case is closed. God save Queen Cheney and his beyotch Dubya!! :wink:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:59 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
The Supreme Court of Golf today allowed KC0iv to rest his case, and decided in favor of both him AND the Reverend Vassago.

Both were awarded two truckloads of uncrated nuclear infused ping pong balls.

Meanwhile, the defendant, one IronEagle, was remanded to 3rd grade English class, along with co-defendant Bigtimba, for the remainder of their natural lives.

It is the desire of this court that they apply themselves diligently to the study of the English language so that, in time, they might become productive members of society and the trucking industry.

It is further ordered that they cease and desist from ATTEMPTING to translate, report, recount or otherwise speak of FMCSA rulings until they have learned to comprehend basic English.

The court added that it did not please him to have to hand down such harsh justice, but that the sanity of the public at large, and the members of CAD specifically, was at stake.... and outweighed the defendants rights to walk the streets or prowl the internet.

The decision is final. The case is closed. God save Queen Cheney and his beyotch Dubya!! :wink:
Just to think I was goin to Help youall against that pickle park crawler. Not anymore LOL
Old 07-10-2008, 12:19 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle_2006
Rev here is an article I copied from the Web on the case you CLAIM DID NOT EXSIST.
I wasn't aware that I claimed anything did not "exsist". :roll:

Perhaps you should read that articles you just copied and pasted.

Quote:
Trucking Hours-of-Service Rules Overturned

Many things have changed in the motor carrier industry since 1939 when the original hours-of-service (HOS) regulations were prescribed for truck drivers. Our roads are better designed, constructed, and maintained in a nationwide network to provide greater mobility, accessibility, and safety for all highway users. Vehicles have been dramatically improved in terms of design, construction, safety, comfort, efficiency, emissions, technology, and ergonomics. These factors, combined with years of driver fatigue and sleep disorder research, led to a January 2004 revision of the HOS regulations for drivers, the most important component of trucks operating on the highway.

A July 16 court decision, however, has overturned the recent Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration's (FMCSA) hours-of-service rule. The rules allowed truckers to stay on the road for up to 11 straight hours, one more hour than they had been allowed. In addition, it required drivers to take at least 10 hours off between shifts, two more than before. According to the court ruling, “FMCSA failed to consider the impact of the rules on the health of drivers.” Teamsters General President, Jim Hoffa, claimed that the court’s decision to overturn the hours-of-service ruling was a victory for all truck drivers. “Working behind the wheel of a truck is hard, and our concern with this set of rules was that they would increase driver fatigue. We know fatigue creates danger on the highways.”

FMCSA has 45 days from the date of the court decision (July 16, 2004) to decide whether to seek other legal action. However, during that period the hours-of-service regulations put into place in January 2004 will remain in effect. We’ll continue to update you on this issue in future editions of Loss Control Insights.

Back to Insights Newsletter Fall 2004
Source is EMC Insurance
2004 is before 2005, the last time the regulations were altered. :roll:

Quote:
And this one is for the FMCSA website

FMCSA 12-07
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Tel.: (202) 366-9999 or (202) 366-2309

FMCSA Announces Retention of Limits on Truck Driver Hours of Service

WASHINGTON – Truck drivers will continue to be limited to driving only 11 hours within a 14-hour duty period, after which they must go off duty for at least 10 hours under an Interim Final Rule (IFR) made public today by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). The IFR was developed after new data showed that safety levels have been maintained since the 11-hour driving limit was first implemented in 2003.

This proposal keeps in place hours-of-service limits that improve highway safety by ensuring that drivers are rested and ready to work,” FMCSA Administrator John H. Hill said. “The data makes clear that these rules continue to protect drivers, make our roads safer and keep our economy moving.”

The agency noted that, in 2006, the fatality rate per 100 million vehicle miles traveled was 1.94 – the lowest rate ever recorded. Similarly, since 2003, the percentage of large trucks involved in fatigue-related fatal crashes in the 11th hour of driving has remained below the average of the years 1991-2002. In 2005 alone, the agency noted, there was only one large truck involved in a fatigue-related fatal crash in the 11th hour of driving while in 2004 there were none.

In addition, between 2003, when the 11-hour driving limit and the 34-hour restart were adopted, and 2006, the percent of fatigue-related large truck crashes relative to all fatal large truck crashes has remained consistent. And the agency’s estimates show that only seven percent of large truck crashes are fatigue related.

Hill noted that the agency also is working to finalize a proposed rule that would require drivers and trucking companies with serious or repeat hours-of-service violations to track their hours of service using electronic on-board recorders.

The agency issued the new hours of service rule in response to the recent decision by the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals vacating key provisions of the existing hours of service rules effective on December 27. In order to ensure no gap in coverage of these important safety rules, today’s rule temporarily reinstates those two provisions while the agency gathers public comment on its actions and the underlying safety analysis before issuing a final rule.
So the first article is prior to the date of the last change, and the second article states very clearly that the HOS regs were retained. Do you need a dictionary to help you understand the word retained?

Quote:
So REV YOU WERE WRONG YET AGAIN.
I'm waiting anxiously for you to tell me where exactly I am wrong. :lol:
Old 07-10-2008, 12:22 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Quote:
Tha is easy the REGS on HOS have changed so many times in the last couple years
Maybe in your fantasy world where your family is part of firing squads, advisers to Presidents, and ping pong balls are hauled unpackaged, but in the really real world, the regs haven't changed in three years.

Quote:
and the current ones are ON THE WAY OUT do to a court challenge.
ROFLMAO

I gave you the case that OVERTURNED the regs

Quote:
The Saftey Depts have no clue which ones the FMCSA is using at that time.
Yeah right. The only job these "saftey" (sic) departments have is to make sure their drivers are compliant. They know the regs, even if these drivers don't. :roll:
Also what you are driving on right now is ONLY AN INTERIM rule so that there is something to go by the FMCSA is getting public input on what the NEW HOS are going to be right now. BTW REV isn't this the ONLY sight you have yet to loose membership from.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:42 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Also what you are driving on right now is ONLY AN INTERIM rule so that there is something to go by
Your point? The interim rule is identical to the previous rule, so there hasn't been any change in 3 years, which is exactly what I claimed.

Quote:
the FMCSA is getting public input on what the NEW HOS are going to be right now.
The new HOS regs will be identical to the current HOS regs, which will be identical to the prior HOS regs. :lol:

Quote:
BTW REV isn't this the ONLY sight you have yet to loose membership from.
I wasn't aware that I've ever "loosed" membership from any "sight".
Old 07-10-2008, 03:20 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironidiot_2006
BTW REV isn't this the ONLY sight you have yet to loose membership from.
I wasn't aware that I've ever "loosed" membership from any "sight".

I hope you are not "loosing" your "sight" Rev..... :lol:

I think I will bring over some " pearls of wisdom " that ironimbecile_2006 has posted at the twuckers report... :lol:
Old 07-10-2008, 03:32 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel

I think I will bring over some " pearls of wisdom " that ironimbecile_2006 has posted at the twuckers report... :lol:
My favorites are the ones where he brags about using drugs while he was a truck driver. :lol:
Old 07-10-2008, 08:22 PM

Ok I just got off the phone with one of the main DOT officials in the FMCSA office in North Dakota.

The 34 hour reset is not mandatory by any means unless you run out of hours on day 5 or day 6 were it would be quicker to do a 34 then it would be to wait till day 9 were you would get the hours back from day 1.

Now I have some ammo if I should get stopped by a dimwit DOT officer.

Also would like to note that if your truck has a transponder in it for crossing into canada. Be sure you flag your log book as this electronic transponder loggs you into the computer system which the DOT has the authority to go into on their computers that they have in their cars.

I forgot to get his name but it was either Jeff or Brian.

So remember that if you don't reset then you only have the hours from day 1 to work with. So if you only used 6 hours on day 1 then that is all you have to work with on day 9 unless you do a full 34 hour reset.

So the case is closed in my book.