User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2008, 09:20 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

MS had a dot check in one of the rest areas on 10 west 8 years ago. Said brakes were out of adjustment, but if I gave him a pair of my calfskin gloves I could fix them, get an ifta sticker and go on my way. NO PROBLEM SIR.
Old 05-10-2008, 04:07 AM
Board Regular

Hard to believe but If I am gonna be inspected, please let it be in MS. Very professional and friendly, truly make you feel that they are also there for you and your safety
Old 05-15-2008, 12:04 AM

It's funny that Mississippi is the state in question here
I have PrePass and as I hardly get pulled over (and have to get out and go in), whenever I do it's in MS! Twice, at the same station on I-20 W just outside Vicksburg, months apart, the officer just wanted to make sure I wasn't a kid driving the truck, "We just wanted to see who was in there..."
On US 82 E the officer was sure I hadn't done something right on my logs and I was prepared to DEFEND them :lol: but while he was trying to get the other officer's attention, I *did* notice that I had NOT written in my pretrip inspection for that day (I had started not long before this). It was masked because I go into the sleeper overnight and then go off duty for an hour or two while I get dressed and do my OCD cleaning ritual At that point, I changed my entire expression and began to pray that he would continue overlooking it. Someone told me later that the pretrip isn't required if you do a posttrip, but WHATEVER I do my pretrip every morning! If the officer went back 7 days, he would see that I do one and not the other... I got out of there unscathed thankfully and make sure now that I don't "forget"...
Also, now that I think about it, I have been pulled over AND had to get out at EVERY scale in MS EXCEPT for the ones EB/WB on I-20 near Alabama... And I've never received a ticket Well, at least they're doing something, right?
Old 05-31-2008, 07:41 PM
Board Regular

Go through MS daily. Never had a problem. Got a level 1 inspection while hauling hazmat on the Lucedale scale on hwy 98, back in March. Very polite, no violations. I think driver attitude goes a long way as to how the DOT officer is. I've had plenty of tickets in alot of states for overweight. Most of the time they are cutting up with you when you are in there if you just laugh about it. If you are over gross, MS will turn you around. We have had plenty of drivers turned around. IN LTL, it seems like overweight tickets are part of the norm. If you run legal and aren't Billy Big Rigger to the officer, they will treat you with the same respect.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:59 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Most DOT officers will treat you with the same respect that you show them. If you approach them with a good attitude it is likely to be reciprocated. A bad attitude will also be reciprocated.