User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2008, 01:30 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I did and do use Interstate Trucker, and got very good results from them. I wasnt a "member" at the time so had to pay the 550. I have been a member since.
I was coming off the Newburg/Beacon Bridge, I84E New York state approaching the toll plaza. I was in the center land of the bridge. I was lining up with an EZ pass only lane but as I got closer I noticed it was closed because a NY Trooper was investigating a minor fender bender in the plaza. My only option was to move over 1 lane to the right to the next EZ pass only, which consisted of a line of trucks with no openings. So I wait. A JB with Walmart trailor which was abeam me, decided (I guess) that he didnt want the EZ pass lane and moved out of the lane, so I begin moving into the lane in his place. I am fully in the lane except my left outside tandems still on the lane line. We are crawling at toll booth speeds, maybe 2mph. I hear on the CB "that 4wheeler is going to hit the Werner truck" then I felt a bump from my right. The 4wheeler side swiped my right fender, putting a small crack in it. and denting his door and breaking his mirror.
Long story short the Trooper wrote me a ticket for "unsafe lane change". (One of the CDL no no's). Because my trailor had not completed its track into the lane, therefore it must be my fault. I took lots of pictures and statements etc etc. Submitted to Werner, and I called Interstate Trucker. Sent everything to them as well. They did all the work, went to court on my behalf, and had the citation dismissed. No fine, no points, no ticket. Nothing.
I retain them from that day since.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:04 PM
Default doit

Hobo,

I have nothing constructive to offer regarding pre-paid or otherwise.. I have had a lawyer for years (the firm handled my corporation legal matters, and I now take all my personal business to them. Not cheap, but it's a known evil)

But even if you don't hire anybody, it seems to me that it would be worth your time to appear in court *yourself* - even if it means days off work and a long drive to get there. It is **essential** that you do everything you can to get this straight and kept off your record.

The more of these stories I hear, the more adamant I am that I'm going to install a dash cam. Let's see Joe Trooper argue with THAT!
Old 03-15-2008, 03:06 AM
Senior Board Member

Elliot Spitzer.