User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2007, 10:14 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Hiya. Some questions

First of all, I have to introduce myself. I am enrolled in a college business course where I need to interview a business person. A good friend of mine owns his own trucking company, but I am unable to reach him. I already drafted my list of questions to ask him, and figured maybe some of you guys could chime in due to his being unreachable at the moment. These are very specific as I am tasked with discovering the law side of things regarding any kind of business. Trucking has always interested me since my friend, as well as his friend (another one of my acquaintences) always talk of trucking stories. Anyway, if by this time you're already bored, and if this is against the forums rules to post, then please lock this or kindly move along. It does, however, at least in my eyes, deal with trucking.

If anyone could briefly answer any or all of these questions, I'd appreciate it. You don't need to answer in complete sentences. You will be anonymous.

1) How does the law impact your daily operations as a truck driver?

2) What legal or ethical issues have you encountered, and how were they resolved? For example, was it taken to court? Were employees fired or disciplined, etc?

3) What form of entity is your business (ie: sole proprietorship, corporation, LLC), why was it selected, and how has this type of entity been beneficial to your business? ---I'm gonna guess most people here that own their own company are listed as a sole proprietorship.

4) Are there any rules or regulations you have to deal with as a truck driver?

5) Are there restrictions that you, as a truck driver, have?

6) What contracts are necessary for your operation to be successful? Have there been any breaches of contract, and if so, how were they resolved?

Also, I suppose what is the nitty gritty/business side of things? Who do you talk to for getting loads. Describe the whole process and agreements/repercussions if anything goes wrong.

Thanks.