Old 07-29-2007, 06:46 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredog
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvan
I know dozens of furniture store owners who regularly use drugs too.
name 15
I originally listed all the dirt I know on these people, where they last worked, etc., but then I started thinking about how this message will be a searchable matter of public record, and some of these people have a lot of money, and a lot of friends. I'm reluctant to do that, because this list plus other readily obtainable details would make it very easy for any one of these people to zero in on me immediately, with who knows what potential consequences to me and my family. It's not worth it.

It reduces my credibility, but I'm just going to list first names and last known city of residence. No store names, no last names, no specific facts. I'll list owners. Everyone else was either sales, delivery, or warehousing.

Darren, Myrtle Beach, SC (owner)
Mike, Myrtle Beach, SC
Charlie, Gastonia, NC
Shane, Gastonia, NC (owner)
Steve, Winterville, NC
Patrick, Wilmington, NC
Heather, Wilmington, NC
Oliver, Wilmington, NC
Zack, Wilmington, NC
Beth, Asheville, NC
DJ, Andrews, NC (owner)
Nathan, Raleigh, NC
Thad, Raleigh, NC
Steve, Roanoke, VA
Dave, Roanoke, VA
James, Richmond, VA
Rose, College Park, MD (owner)

That's all I can come up with. Not "hundreds," but more than 15. They're real. Some of them are worse than others. Some of them are very, very bad. Some of them are in prison now. One of them is dead. One of them disappeared, and is wanted in three states for distribution and embezzlement.

I've seen some shit out there people. On the bright side, I thought back to a lot of good people too, and if I listed them, that list would be much longer than this one.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:50 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
name 15
I originally listed all the dirt I know on these people, where they last worked, etc., but then I started thinking about how this message will be a searchable matter of public record, and some of these people have a lot of money, and a lot of friends. I'm reluctant to do that, because this list plus other readily obtainable details would make it very easy for any one of these people to zero in on me immediately, with who knows what potential consequences to me and my family. It's not worth it.

It reduces my credibility, but I'm just going to list first names and last known city of residence. No store names, no last names, no specific facts. I'll list owners. Everyone else was either sales, delivery, or warehousing.

Mike, Myrtle Beach, SC
Charlie, Gastonia, NC
Steve, Winterville, NC
Patrick, Wilmington, NC
Heather, Wilmington, NC
Oliver, Wilmington, NC
Zack, Wilmington, NC
Beth, Asheville, NC
DJ, Andrews, NC (owner)
Nathan, Raleigh, NC
Thad, Raleigh, NC
Steve, Roanoke, VA
Dave, Roanoke, VA
James, Richmond, VA

That's all I can come up with. Not "hundreds," but more than 15. They're real. Some of them are worse than others. Some of them are very, very bad. Some of them are in prison now. One of them is dead. One of them disappeared, and is wanted in three states for distribution and embezzlement.

I've seen some $&!+ out there people. On the bright side, I thought back to a lot of good people too, and if I listed them, that list would be much longer than this one.
I always suspected Rose, but I never could prove it
Old 07-29-2007, 06:53 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveP
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudawg
The thing that a lot of you folks missed here is if this test starts to happen it can detect if you have ever done drugs and what they where.It does not matter if you have not done a drug in 30 years it will come up and you will be out of a job.I can't speak for the rest of the people here but,I was once a teenager and I do admit to inhaling among other things that where going around in the early '80's but, that was a long time ago and a hair test would bring that up.If you grew up in the 60's and you have any hair left just imagine what your test would bring back to life.
Now if you still believe this should be the test that defines if you hold a job or not I know someone that was a coke head 'till his 40's and some people where foolish enough to vote him the leader of the most powerfull country in the world.
I do agree there is no room for druggies on the highway but,no way this kind of testing right.If we have to do it so should the people that came up with this.
Wrong!!!!

The only way that will happen is if the hair is still on your head because you haven't had a haircut in 30 years...

Example:

You snort some coke.

The next day you go in and give a hair sample....THAT snort WILL NOT SHOW UP ON A HAIR TEST. (But will on a urine test)

It takes 5 to 7 days for your hair to grow from the root to above your scalp...where it will THEN show your drug use.

And will continue to show positive until that SEGMENT of hair grows out to the point it comes off during a haircut....depends on how long you wear your hair...

God...if there was a 100% accurate test to determine if you EVER TRIED drugs then 98% of my generation would be out of a job.

what if you smoked pot but didnt inhale? :roll:
Quote:
Then you'll have to live with Hillary
Cruel and unusual punishment
Old 07-29-2007, 07:00 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
You were blind then. I never saw Rose in any condition other than flying hiiiiiiigh.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:20 PM
Rookie

First off I don't do drugs period, but I am not going to say I never did In the past. I would never Drive a Truck Under the influence of any Illegal drugs period and I never have. I am asking the question because my hair Is short on my head but the hair on the rest on my body Is much longer and I don't want to lose my job and career for something I did In the past.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:09 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornIII
First off I don't do drugs period, but I am not going to say I never did In the past. I would never Drive a Truck Under the influence of any Illegal drugs period and I never have. I am asking the question because my hair Is short on my head but the hair on the rest on my body Is much longer and I don't want to lose my job and career for something I did In the past.
Well, the question I have is how long ago did you use drugs?

Old 07-29-2007, 09:24 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
name 15

Mike, Myrtle Beach, SC
Charlie, Gastonia, NC
Steve, Winterville, NC
Patrick, Wilmington, NC
Heather, Wilmington, NC
Oliver, Wilmington, NC
Zack, Wilmington, NC
Beth, Asheville, NC
DJ, Andrews, NC (owner)
Nathan, Raleigh, NC
Thad, Raleigh, NC
Steve, Roanoke, VA
Dave, Roanoke, VA
James, Richmond, VA

I've seen some $&!+ out there people. On the bright side, I thought back to a lot of good people too, and if I listed them, that list would be much longer than this one.
Thats a good one..... still laughing as I type this.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:52 PM
Senior Board Member

hair testing will never completely replace urine testing. The reason this is would be because drugs dont show up in your hair for a few days. So if a driver is high or got high just yesterday, it wouldnt show up yet in the hair. So what many companies are doing is using a combination hair test and urine test. You are right, at this time the only thing that matters to the DOT is the urine (However the DOT is pretty close to approving the combination test....so get ready). But that doesnt mean a trucking company cant still use a hair test and fire you accourdingly.
As far as going back as long as your hair.....on average hair tests only use about the first inch and a half from the root. So it goes back about 90-120 days.
Hair tests are a great thing for the industry. They will help get a lot of people off the road that shouldnt be there. Ive mentioned this before....and its pretty scary. When we started doing hair tests I saw the % of drivers who failed jump from 2% to about 14%. Think about that when you are driving down the highway. Pass 10 trucks on the road and 1 or 2 of those drivers would fail a drug test.
For the record we recruiters have to take a hair test now too. This nations drug problem isnt just drivers....its EVERY JOB.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:18 PM
Board Regular

Sheepdancer wrote:

Pass 10 trucks on the road and 1 or 2 of those drivers would fail a drug test.

At your company ? Or is is it a statement to generalize the entire industry? Are you talking about all trucks on the road ? is there really data proving that 20% of all drivers have drug problems? If so..thats pretty serious. Should I really stay away from 2 outa 10 JB drivers while traveling the interstate cuz they are dopers ? Just curious what you really mean by your general statements.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:47 AM
Senior Board Member

its actually 14% not 20%, which is why I said 1 or 2 drivers. And the study was done industry wide from companies that are now doing hair tests. Im not saying that 14% is just truck drivers. Im sure you would see close numbers in any industry. But I have definetly noticed in hiring drivers that a lot more drivers are failing the pre employment screening because of the hair tests. Hell, I just had another 2 fail last week that I was trying to hire. Before the hair tests, I would maybe have 2 a year