User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2007, 07:58 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Lucky?

Well, last week, I had to fill out that sheet of paper of all the tickets that I have. I cant remember the exact name of it, but it's the annual MVR thing you fill out.
Last November, I got a ticket in Mankins, Tx. Not too far from here. A little town of about 30 people, but the speed drops to 55 for about a tenth of a mile. :P Anyway, it was after midnight, and I guess I was pretty tired, and I never took my truck off cruise, and I got busted for going 65 through there. That black and white just happen to be there. I paid the ticket as soon as the trooper turned it in. The county seat of Archer county is only about 300 population itself.
When I filled out that sheet of paper last week, I wrote that ticket down. My transportation manager sent me a copy of my MVR. I had a ticket in June of '05. I forgot to write that one down. That one should be off of my record this next June. Anyway, that ticket that I got last November wasnt on there. So I called my transportation manager, and I asked him about it. He told me that it wasnt there. Just the June '05 ticket. So, he sent me another paper to fill out, and I wrote down the June '05 ticket.

I asked my buddy about it. He said that the judge in Holliday (Tx) probably just pocketed the money, and didnt turn in the ticket to the state. I hope he was right. Yall reckon that is the deal, or what? I thought that was weird that the ticket I got last November wasnt on there. If so, I guess, I'm lucky that I have only 1 ticket on record, and it should be gone this next summer.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 07-24-2007, 08:07 PM

You should go to the courthouse and demand that the ticket is put on your MVR since you paid the fine so promptly :wink:
Old 07-24-2007, 08:09 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Keep off the Cruise when going through Towns :P
Old 07-24-2007, 08:13 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoopr
Especially around here. These towns may not have a post office, but there is usually a DOT man that lives there. :P
I normally do when I run through these little 1 horse towns. I've seen cow trucks blowing smoke, but knowing my luck, I dont wanna take a chance. :P

Old 07-24-2007, 08:24 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhookin
You should go to the courthouse and demand that the ticket is put on your MVR since you paid the fine so promptly :wink:
:shock:
I think I'll pass...
I just happen to have enough to pay for it when I got the ticket. ($160.) I put in my savings account, and I contacted the judge every few days to see if the ticket got turned in. When it did, I stopped on my way out, and paid it. Knowing me, if I hadnt done that, I probably would have plumb forgotten about the ticket, and then I would have been in more trouble. Dont wanna be in the pokey. :P

Old 07-24-2007, 08:45 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379
Quote:
Especially around here. These towns may not have a post office, but there is usually a DOT man that lives there. :P
I normally do when I run through these little 1 horse towns. I've seen cow trucks blowing smoke, but knowing my luck, I dont wanna take a chance. :P
I know all about Texas DOT where every county and city seem to have their own version of it.

Way back when the Scale man at Joplin, Missouri was writing up tickets for this and that and making people drop their trailers and having them bobtail to Neosho to pay tickets.
Years later both the scaleman AND the Judge were accused and convicted of running a scam.
Not sure this is what happened to you but you just never know. VERY Odd there's no record of it happening and makes you wanna say Hmmmm
Old 07-25-2007, 03:50 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Way back when the Scale man at Joplin, Missouri was writing up tickets for this and that and making people drop their trailers and having them bobtail to Neosho to pay tickets.
Years later both the scaleman AND the Judge were accused and convicted of running a scam.
Not sure this is what happened to you but you just never know. VERY Odd there's no record of it happening and makes you wanna say Hmmmm
Dang. :shock: There's no telling how many drivers went through that scale in Joplin that had to pay for those floppy fines.

Yeah, it makes me wonder. It is weird that it isnt on record. I was talking to one of the sales guys yesterday at the yard before I left. He has been selling groceries here for years. He's an older guy, and he told me that a lot of the smaller towns' judges sometimes wont even turn in the ticket. Just keep the money for the county, etc. He told me that probably happened to me. I dunno.

Old 07-25-2007, 07:15 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I believe these cities or counties have to share some of the money with the state, if they turn it in to them. And of course, we wouldn't want to do that, now would we? :roll: Speeding tickets are a major source of revenue for many small cities or counties. Truckers are a good target since they will usually pay the fine and never come back to fight it. Easy money. :x
Old 07-25-2007, 07:33 PM
Board Icon

Good point, GMAN. Only thing that gets me is that the ticket isnt on my MVR. I'm not complaining :P , but it kinda makes me go hmmm.

Old 07-25-2007, 10:28 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379
Good point, GMAN. Only thing that gets me is that the ticket isnt on my MVR. I'm not complaining :P , but it kinda makes me go hmmm.
I told you that you'd go Hmmmm :P