User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2007, 10:31 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Glass Tinting

Now I had a glass tinting problem in one state it was a minimal thing, but the other now that was a major cluster f___! I am not sure if I can mention the state but I will. Georgia seems to have a big problem with glass tinting weather it be from the factory or other source. In fact they don't even care if you r an OO or Company driver, that doesn't matter. Now I got busted in Ga. like last fall at a scale. The Bear was standing on the scale as we came in, now my paperwork was up and correct, so I wasn't worried bout that, so the Bear asked me to go around for a DOT inspection, got the whole works passed everything except for the glass tinting---now this is where it gets interesting! The Bear he says to me that there is a limit of how much light is supposed to pass through a window that has glazing(tint) on it; the feds have a formula and since the test had passed their (FED's) formula, it didn't pass the state of Ga., according to the Bear. So, I'm at the scale inside their bldg; waiting for how much to pay, the Bear tells me to go get my permit book and come back in, so I do what he says, (the truck is idling) pretty hot outside; get back to the coop and he (the Bear) figures out my fine. Cost of fine is $270.00, ok not a problem I'll go and get a comcheck pay the fine and boogie on right? Wrong! Can't pay the fine at the coop have to pay it at the courthouse in their jurisdiction about 20 mins from the coop; reason being since the truck is titled in Wisconsin which is where I live, Wi. and Ga. do not have a reciprocity aggreement so if you are from Wi. and get busted in Ga. your're doomed! Unless you have the cash! Now the Bear will not let me go to the truck to get my comchecks, nor will he let me turn off the truck, instead they hook me up wait for a local cop transport me to jail frisk me take my shoes belt watch cell phone and throw me into lock-up. I stayed there for about five hours till someone finally agrees to let me call my dispatcher so she can issue a comchek over the phone. So the fine is paid, they frisk me again to transport me back to the coop hook me up in the cell got all my stuff in a bag place me in the squad and off we go. Now the Bear whom started all this bullshit was there and being the driver I am offered to show him the receipt, his response was "That's not important have a good day y'all com on back; here"!
That's my experience with Glass Tinting!
Old 06-03-2007, 10:46 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Glass Tinting

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxBUBBAxx
Now I had a glass tinting problem in one state it was a minimal thing, but the other now that was a major cluster f___! I am not sure if I can mention the state but I will. Georgia seems to have a big problem with glass tinting weather it be from the factory or other source. In fact they don't even care if you r an OO or Company driver, that doesn't matter. Now I got busted in Ga. like last fall at a scale. The Bear was standing on the scale as we came in, now my paperwork was up and correct, so I wasn't worried bout that, so the Bear asked me to go around for a DOT inspection, got the whole works passed everything except for the glass tinting---now this is where it gets interesting! The Bear he says to me that there is a limit of how much light is supposed to pass through a window that has glazing(tint) on it; the feds have a formula and since the test had passed their (FED's) formula, it didn't pass the state of Ga., according to the Bear. So, I'm at the scale inside their bldg; waiting for how much to pay, the Bear tells me to go get my permit book and come back in, so I do what he says, (the truck is idling) pretty hot outside; get back to the coop and he (the Bear) figures out my fine. Cost of fine is $270.00, ok not a problem I'll go and get a comcheck pay the fine and boogie on right? Wrong! Can't pay the fine at the coop have to pay it at the courthouse in their jurisdiction about 20 mins from the coop; reason being since the truck is titled in Wisconsin which is where I live, Wi. and Ga. do not have a reciprocity aggreement so if you are from Wi. and get busted in Ga. your're doomed! Unless you have the cash! Now the Bear will not let me go to the truck to get my comchecks, nor will he let me turn off the truck, instead they hook me up wait for a local cop transport me to jail frisk me take my shoes belt watch cell phone and throw me into lock-up. I stayed there for about five hours till someone finally agrees to let me call my dispatcher so she can issue a comchek over the phone. So the fine is paid, they frisk me again to transport me back to the coop hook me up in the cell got all my stuff in a bag place me in the squad and off we go. Now the Bear whom started all this bullshit was there and being the driver I am offered to show him the receipt, his response was "That's not important have a good day y'all com on back; here"!
That's my experience with Glass Tinting!
How dark was it?
Was it ove 30%

Old 06-05-2007, 12:54 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoopr
There are some states with window tint laws-Wisconsin for one and the DOT has some kind of electronic gizmo that will let you know if they're too dark or not.
Not just the DOT. The state trooper from Crandon pulled me over for too dark of tint. He only issued me a warning but he had that little gizzmo and if I remember correctly I was at 30% and that was over what Wisconsin allowed.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:22 PM
Senior Board Member

my oldman has 20% on his truck for about a year and never had no problems

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 06-10-2007, 04:33 AM
Rookie
Default TINT REGS

Nd Got me In march.

The rule as stated to me Is You muct have 70% light transfer

I had 23% Light transfer.

I was giving a warning And Well It is still one the truck And it will be replaced with a lighter tint.

Jaime
Old 06-16-2007, 01:34 PM
Senior Board Member

Ontario cops charged me in my pickup truck many years ago.....said they needed to be able to see the passenger in the other side. Jerk. Never had a problem since. They are great for reducing the high beam glare also.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:04 PM
Board Regular

Try this website for state restrictions on tint. :wink:
http://www.iwfa.com/iwfa/Law_Chart/S...aw%20Chart.htm
It is kind of hard to follow but has answers. The only question is that I am not sure it is the for commercial vehicles or not. :?:
Old 06-27-2007, 04:14 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

good luck figuring that out :P
Old 06-27-2007, 10:57 AM
Board Regular

Yeah I know that one was confusing :? , try this one at least it has some written explanations
http://home.pcisys.net/~bpc/auto_law/tint/
Old 07-27-2007, 07:08 PM
Rookie

If 70% light passes through your usually good to go. I got checked in Iowa and the DOT guy said that's the general rule.