User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2007, 05:53 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

After reading what you said, my only real concern is can you handle being with a trainer for two to four weeks cooped up in what amounts to a walk in closet if that? The two of you are not really going to have any time apart at all.

If you can get past socalizing in the trucking school, orientation, and company training, then you should be all right as long as you get a good dispatcher who doesn't like to yell.

If for any reason you decide to back out of Ebay, I know of something else that could actually supliment your social security. You really wouldn't have to interact with anyone except over the computer. You could always try giving E-bay a shot. There are some that make darn good money, and some that use it for supplemental purposses.

I have sold things on there from garage sales and made money. My mom is now selling and doing pretty good at it. The only reason I'm not selling is that most of what I sell, I would have to take to the post office to mail. I hate driving. I get too stressed if I have one too many things to do.

I'm fine if I only have one or two major tasks I need to focus on. Other than that, I get to feel over burdened I just seem to shut down. By that I mean I get to feel totally overwhelmed, tired, and feel like I can't do anything. I just stop practically everything, except what absoutely needs to be done.

Right now I'm doing pretty good with only having to focus on cleaning and homeschooling. I started to get stressed with the kids getting sick at the same time getting my oldest daughter's room ready for a new bed.

Good luck in what ever you decide to do.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:45 PM
Senior Board Member

My girlfriend also suffers from SAD, I think trucking has helped her a great deal. She used to get so nervous crossing the border, used to have to pop a pill before pulling up to the booth. She's gotten much better, but sometimes they still ask them hard questions "what do you do to support yourself?" "how come you don't have a job?". She can now go into a truck stop she's never been into without me.

Maybe being in trucking could help your condition, like it has my gf.

The other thing that has helped is she is now dependant on me, rather then her parents. I make her help me out though, so it's not like shes mooching off me.

I think you're headed in the right direction. The "light" has finally come on in your brain. For some it happens sooner then later, but you have to make due with what you have. Good luck with your ventures!
Old 03-16-2007, 01:31 AM
Board Regular

Good Luck and hope you make it. I am currently on disability and kinda want to go back to work. SSDI has me 100% with a General anxiety disorder, but I also suffer from Dejentive arthritis from the neck down and fluid on the brain. But the seem to think I can work in while in pain...

My problem was with anger control. Not at people in genral, but at the companies I worked for. My work history shows it. But since I had some treatments at the VA Hospital.

I do want to go back to work. I too am tired of doing nothing. If I go driving or run my own business I have not decided.

My last job was with Navajo Shippers out of Colorado. I was fired due to refusing to drive while I was sick. And I had not worked since, and that was Nov 2000.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:03 PM
Rookie
Default Depression

My doctor just changed my medication to Lithium and Trazodone. Do I have to tell my employer? Would I fail a drug test?
Thank you.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:33 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Depression

Quote:
Originally Posted by murph
My doctor just changed my medication to Lithium and Trazodone. Do I have to tell my employer? Would I fail a drug test?
Thank you.
Hi, Murph!!

A Lithiium imbalance, and taking prescribed Lithium could be a very serious problem, not only from a regulatory & legal standpoint, but also from a functional standpoint as well.

If you need Lithium, You really SHOULD NOT consider OTR.

The issue here goes beyond what would appear on a drug test. Lithium is found naturaly in the human body, and is prescribed for those with an imbalance, so this isn't so much an issue of "drug abuse".

At the same time, people who are Bi-Polar really need as much of a regular, predictable schedule and lifestyle as they can get. They don't tend to cope with irregular hours & unpredictable circumstances very well.

Do remember that in the mental health proffession, "Bi-Polar" (Manic depressive Syndrome) is all the rage; a rage that is unethically being fed by the pharmacutical industry. A Psychiatrist receives a VERY nice "gratuity" from drug companies for prescribing their drugs which are used to treat BPD; too the degree that having BPD patients becomes a VERY lucrative endeavour. I call it "leagalized corruption".

Before you do ANYTHING, get a 2nd opinion. If you are misdiagnosed with BPD, (sadly, there are WAYYYY too many cases in which this has happened!!) and you begin taking Lithium with or without other anti-deppressants, the results can be devastating; you'll be far worse off than you are right now.

I admire you for seeking proffessional help, but I would STRONGLY advise you to get a 2nd opinion here.

IF the diagnosis is correct, then PLEASE do not attempt to start driving OTR. You could VERY EASILY become a serious danger to yourself, and to others.

I do wish you the very best.

Peace,
Useless
Old 05-14-2007, 05:39 PM
Rookie

Thank you, appreciate it!
Old 05-21-2007, 02:10 PM
Senior Board Member

Your biggest problem isnt going to be the mental disorder itself, your biggest problem is going to the fact that you have been unemployeed for 6 years.