Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: RIGHT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shebear
Yes, I'm no expert BUT at least on the pre-trip automatic 15-minute logging on the Qualcomm, it's a built-in phony baloney.

INCREMENTALLY, if the driver isn't careful, you are logged for extra time when the Qualcomm logs you at the quarter hour and you could more realistically, and to your benefit, adjust those 5 minutes in your favor.

You have to understand that the Qualcomm system is designed to satisfy the DOT minimum requirements.

Math has never been my strong point. And with PAPER LOGS, too many company Trainers and even Orientation Instructors tell rookies 'you can work the system' -- something like gambling at the slot machines, I guess.

They tell you NO WAY can you make a living and do it legal.

My head just spins from all this silliness.
I can't believe a company/trainer would tell you that you "CAN'T" make a living running legal. I just can't believe this!
I can believe it... I've heard the same thing. I've also talked to a trainer who honestly believed that Werner was so cheap that they no longer equipped the trucks with clutch brakes.. according to him, you had to rapidly wiggle the shifter to get the transmission to stop so you could get it in gear... :roll:

The paperless logs CAN be ran just like a paper log PERIOD! Anyone who says different, doesn't know how to use the system.. this isnt the systems fault! I used the Peoplenet system now and it has the qualcomm system beat hands down.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:05 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: RIGHT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
I used the Peoplenet system now and it has the qualcomm system beat hands down.
For once I agree with the Fozmister