User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2007, 02:08 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudawg
I don't get it.Our gov't. can find a couple guys talking on a CB in a country this big so they can fine them :?: :!: :?: :?: Yet they can't find a 6'8" Arab in a country 1\2 the size of Cal.I'm glad my country has its priorities straight,lets keep on dumping money into the most useless branch of the gov't.
I use a 10 meter radio and do take advantage of it when I run with another driver that has one to get away from the BS on the regular 40 channels.I find most people that do use these channels are respectful,professionals that know how to behave themselves in public unlike those on ch19 {for the most part}This is where [ch 19 etc...] some sort of enforcement and fines should be done to the over modulated,over powered,over echoed,reverbed,muffled,back round noised welfare telephone drawling bucket mouths that can't finish a statement without saying come on back morons.This is where the problem is so we should naturally expect them to go after the few that try to get away from it,good job.(SARCASIM)
You have 40--COUNT 'em--channels in which to "get away from 'it'"! You do NOT have an special dispensation to "steal" frequencies that belong to other users who have followed the L A W for the use of them. Those frequencies are ASSIGNED to other users. Tell me, I respectfully ask you, what makes YOU more "special" than those LEGAL users? If EVERY single group could decide for themselves which laws they will obey or not, we would be destroyed. Laws and regulations, within reason, are what make a nation and a society function.

To those being INTERFERRED with, FCC IS doing its job, and they are to be applauded. People are SICK and TIRED of this thing about CB radio and its "outlaw" and "rebel" image that mandates that people somehow have a "right" (the user of a radio under US law is NOT a right; like driving, it is a privilege). One of the catch phrases, I believe, in the CB world is "stomping mudducks.
:?

Whether we like it or not, CB radio in the USA must, by law, have 40 channels, 4 watts of power, and the radios must be FCC-certified. Why?
It is all about interference and the ability of the most people to use CB for their own purposes by limiting power and the types of equipment that may be used. Let's face it: MOST of us are NOT radio technicians and are not capable of making the decision of which radio will meet the criteria above. We are appliance operators the same way we use a cookstove, or a refrigerator! Indeed, there seems to be some peculiar effect where when we purchase a CB radio, we suddenly become "experts" in its use (NOT)! WE think we are, but we are not. That's why those FCC agents ALL have electronics, physics, engineering, and LAW degrees while WE drive trucks! That's not an insult, just the reason we are not qualified to decide for ourselves that "I am so special, and I have a "right" to use them 'extree' channels".

When a driver flips those "band" switches on his ILLEGAL radio to talk on 'them 'ere 10 meter channels' he is a THIEF and can become subject to the SAME $10,000 fines as those base stations who recently got hit! :shock: No ifs ands or BUTS! I don't mean to be harsh, but the RIGHTFUL users of those frequencies have been working for a long time to get something done about this. Those same people studied and tested for their privileges AND many of them spend HOURS volunteering their time and radio resources in disaster relief such as Katrina. In fact, Amateur Radio is one of the FEW radio resources that WORKED while the authorities scratched their heads over "interoperability"! Same with those
so-called 'low channels"; they are assigned to others and if you talk there, you are subjecting yourself to some of those big fines---which, I might add, users assigned these frequencies have been actively attempting to get applied more often thru efforts in Congress and appointments of officials within FCC--one of which has done a LOT to go after illegal users of the 10 Meter band.

So, if you want to "get away", go to channel 11, or 30-----or SOMEWHERE besides those frequencies that BELONG to other people via license or authorization!

RR

[/i]
Old 01-11-2007, 04:33 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I have to apologize to all for wasting oxygen and energy by reading this thread.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:58 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfmotors
I have to apologize to all for wasting oxygen and energy by reading this thread.
looks to me like only the base stations are getting caught, so dont put your moible in your front room...lol
Old 01-11-2007, 05:11 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Old 01-11-2007, 06:17 AM

So let me get this straight - This guy Duckworth admits to operating a base station with an output of 106 watts and the feds confiscate it. Two months later he gets busted again, only this time he's pumping out 2500 watts! That's too funny!!
Old 01-11-2007, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoutlaw
Quote:
looks to me like only the base stations are getting caught, so dont put your moible in your front room...lol
HAHA! .....................not quite. How 'bout this one!

FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION
Enforcement Bureau
Spectrum Enforcement Division
1270 Fairfield Road
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania 17325-7245

December 6, 2006

South Lake Transport, Inc.
1828 Two Notch Road #A
Lexington, SC 29071-6982

Subject: Warning Notice - Unlicensed Radio Operation

Case #EB-2007-2954

Dear Sir:

Information before the Commission indicates that two of your drivers have been operating radio equipment without a license on 28.085 MHz and causing interference to licensed stations in the 10 meter amateur band.

The drivers were observed operating unlicensed on September 21, 2006 at 4:45 PM in tractors displaying the numbers 2069 (hauling trailer #30877) and 2079 (hauling trailer # 30937)

Please advise your drivers that operation of radio transmitting equipment without a license is a violation of Section 301 of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended, 47 U.S.C. Section 301, and will subject them to fine or imprisonment, as well as an in rem seizure of any non-certified radio transmitting equipment, in cooperation with the United States Attorney for your jurisdiction. Monetary forfeitures normally range from $7,500 to $10,000.

You are requested to contact me at 717-338-2502 to discuss this matter.

cc: FCC South Central Regional Director

And the "request" is not one of kindness. They'd best not ignore it! This is posted at www.arrl.org as it is of interest to those LEGAL operators..you know; the ones who EARNED the privilege of using those frequencies! It is a courtesy WARNING to give the companies a chance to CORRECT the problem. IF a driver continues to filch "channels", sooner or later, he will be caught again because those legal operators will quietly follow you down the road, record your conversation (perfectly legal), document your info such as company name, location, frequency, time of day and date--even snap a photo of the truck. It then gets sent in to FCC where further action will be taken. Your company is not going to back you up with this, and, in fact, they have been VERY cooperative with FCC in dealing with "export" radios and "extree" channels in their trucks :twisted: Not a good idea to get caught AGAIN doing this.

And to "Dispatch This", the one quoted above is NOT an isolated incident. A HUGE list of trucking companies have been warned to STOP this practice such as UPS, FedEx, Dowell Express, United Van Lines, Estes, Superior Carriers, Tidewater Transit, JW Randolph, Melton Truck Lines, Covenant, Prime--a BUNCH dating back to 2001!! That doesn't include OTHER actions related to this problem such as a number of CB shops and Travel Centers being warned or fined. Pilot Travel Centers settled their NAL for $90,000! Gambler's CB shop recently got hit for $21,000.

So it might be "funny" to you, but I betcha it ain't funny to those guys who now must pay the price of a decent used car ($10,000) because they thought they were smarter than the average "bear" (or FCC agent)! :twisted: OR end up in JAIL!! For those drivers who think who think THEY are smarter than FCC or their company, keep doing this!!! I write these notes to let people know that there is a "bridge" out up the road! Sooner or later, if you think you have some "right" to run "them channels", it's just a matter of time! :sad: They ARE working on something to combat this and FCC attorneys are crafting their response to this so all the legal "T"'s are crossed. I would bet that, sooner or later, like radar detectors, "10 Meter" 'Amateur' (yeah, right) radios will be illegal in CMV's especially if they find that it has been modified to work OUTSIDE 10 Meters. OR they will be just flat out illegal to HAVE in a CMV! :shock:

Best course? Buy a LEGAL CB radio, follow the LAW. OR study for the Amateur ticket. It is easier than ever before. Like CB, there are LAWS to follow.................BUT!!! You will HAVE more "channels" than you will know what to DO with! :P More distance than that outdated and OUTLAWED cb ever dreamed of having--BEEG leenyar not withstanding! You can take a FIVE watt handheld that will drop in your pocket, work thru a repeater and talk for 50 miles OR SEVEN STATES depending where you are!! :shock:

So Drive Safe and LEGAL

RR
Old 01-11-2007, 04:07 PM
Senior Board Member

:roll: Has this subject been talked to death??? ... or has this subject been talked to death???
Old 01-11-2007, 04:11 PM
Board Icon

Huh? :P

but,How do they know when you got a big,illegal radio? They say,"Joe Blow trucking,I need you to pull over,please". "Ten foe". "Let me have your radio." Thank ya,here's your fine" :P :| :? :P

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 01-11-2007, 04:37 PM
Senior Board Member

Yes this subject is a dead HORSE....lol Now if we could just convince Ray to follow every law on the books, the world would be perfect...lol
Old 01-12-2007, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379
Huh? :P

but,How do they know when you got a big,illegal radio? They say,"Joe Blow trucking,I need you to pull over,please". "Ten foe". "Let me have your radio." Thank ya,here's your fine" :P :| :? :P
Well, first of all, the monitors HEAR the drivers transmitting, for example, on 28 MHZ. Since THAT is illegal in itself, it obviously requires a means of getting ON those frequencies! That "means" is a modified "10 Meter
'Amateur' Radio" which has had the CB band added to it. This also allows the radio to not only operate on the 10 Meter band, it usually enables the blasted thing to operate from 24 (12 Meters) up thru 30 MHZ. The most popular "channel" is 28.085 using the AM mode. Trouble is, this area is reserved for Morse Code, teletype and other non-voice modes. Not even the licensed Amateurs are allowed to transmit VOICE between 28.000 and 28.300 MHZ. That means that the driver who is yakkin' up there sticks out like a sore thumb! :shock: If he ventures above the digital area, then the hams will notice it quick! If they haven't realized that it is a "bandit", they may ask for an Amateur Radio Callsign. Additionally, those clipped, snipped, beeped and squeaked super-modulation combined with the often "shakey" and "trucky", or echo-ey sound of a truck will give the illegal driver away. They don't HAVE to know what you have in the truck. They CAN determine via a number of ways WHICH truck is transmitting (by riding beside the truck) and all they have to do is copy down your company name, what frequency you're filching, location, direction of travel, date and time, etc. It is then sent to the Special Counsel for Amateur Enforcement in Gettysburg, PA who, in turn, sends your company a WARNING letter. They MUST reply to this official correspondence detailing what they will do to prevent it happening again. When they reply, the FCC attorney will suggest :wink: that the company simply put out a policy letter FORBIDDING non-certified, non-licensed radio equipment in their fleet and making it a FIRING offense to have it installed. :shock: GOOD MOVE!! Should a driver get caught AGAIN, or ANOTHER driver gets caught, thus disobeying the company policy, he'll cool his heels looking for another gig!

It may be boring to some of us, but this IS a serious matter. WHY? Because ALL radio services have a reasonable expectation to be able to use their OWN radio frequencies without encumbrance from illegal operators. IOW, Police systems, fire, taxis, rescue squads, TV/stereo uses, licensed hams---ALL are protected from the incursions of non-wanted and illegal radio users. Tell me, would you install a POLICE radio in your truck and try to talk to the cops? WHY not? Then WHY do those who install illegal radios and use "channels" they have no business on do it? :sad: Now, drivers have also been going BELOW the CB frequencies and filching on the military frequencies. In FCC's coming actions against illegal CB operators, this is being looked at as well!

You have F O R T Y channels on which to play! USE 'em! Leave the rest of them alone!

RR