User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2006, 09:23 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Thank you all for your replies. I know that alot of people may read what I have described as a likely story, but sometimes really rotten luck can result in being an innocent victim of a sub-moronic prank. The truth is, I am a very responsible driver, with my goal each day being to deliver my load with NO INCIDENTS! I dont speed just to make an extra $20.00/day. I am always aware of my surroundings (where other vehicles are) and have avoided NUMEROUS accidents with such awareness. I am also very courteous to semis, always flashing my lights to let them know they are clear, even when I havent got a "thank you" flash in return from the last 20 trucks. I love to give up my lane to let a semi merge. This lets others know that we are all part of the same fraternity, makin' a livin' on the road, and we all have to share it. Always, I recieve a thank you for that one! I am determined to jump thru whatever hoops I have to because that will PROVE that I have a passion for driving. Lets face it, I'm going to have to go through a heckuva lot to get my chance now, whereas anyone else can just walk into PAM, Werner, Swift, ect., sign up, and drive. I would also hope that any would-be employers might take this into account. The truth is, and everyone on here will be rightly incensed to hear, that there is another option. I know of several small truck lines, and have spoken to the owners explaining my situation, that really DONT CARE about a failed drug test. All they care about is; Can you drive this truck? Can you handle being gone for 2-3 months? Great! Get in and go. To my credit, I'm determined not to drive for such fly-by night operators. What happens if I break down? How quickly will they get there? What kind of bucket of bolts am I going to be driving, anyway? Lots of other concerns. Anyway, here's something for you guys to consider. I'm facing a lengthy and costly process just to get where you guys already are. Driving for a reputable company that pays decent. Try to think about that the next time your dispatcher is giving you a hard way to go, or you have to wait for a load,or you're stuck in traffic. I am truly hoping to be right there also, only I have to pay a big price just for the privilege! Driving gets in your blood, I love it, and I'll be back on the road come hell or high water. If anyone out there can think of anything that might help me, let me know. KEEP ON TRUCKIN' MAKE'EM HOLLAR TO MAKE A DOLLAR!
Old 12-14-2006, 06:46 AM
Rookie
Default Re: Failed drug test, am I done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumptrucker
Last week, I failed a random drug screen for the first time in my life!

I was at a friend's house and they gave me some loaded brownies.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Old 12-15-2006, 02:39 AM
Board Regular
Default Re: Failed drug test, am I done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumptrucker
Last week, I failed a random drug screen for the first time in my life!I have a Class B Dr. Lic. and drove a dump truck.I have always wanted to go class A OTR, but now I'm afraid I'll never have that chance. What can I do to exonerate myself? I was at a friend's house and they gave me some loaded brownies. They thought that was really funny until I told them I could go to prison if I got into an accident and tested positive for drugs. They have given me their word that they will testify on my behalf that I had no knowledge whatsoever that I was ingesting marijuana , and I did pass a random screen in Sept. How can I clear my name with DAC, not to mention trucking lines?

start with the truth. nobody buys the loaded brownie bit. you mean to tell me you had no idea. first of all if you know your friends use and they offer you anything.... any future employer will see through that. come clean get clean then try to fix your record.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:22 PM
Senior Board Member

If this is what you say it is and these people who are your "friends" set you up for this..THEY ought to pay EVERY cent of this problem! If they do not (and of course you can prove this) sue them for the costs of all this trouble and the loss of your lively hood and loss of your job in civil court and try and recoup some of the losses.

Tell me these a**holes are still not considered "friends"? :roll:
Old 12-16-2006, 05:34 PM
Senior Board Member

Drugs are bad enough just getting a contact high. It'll probably be better if you drank alcohol instead when you are at home on the weekends or when you have a 34 hour restart.

As Rev said, hang around a bunch of losers. Those bunch of losers should only drink alcohol and legal cigarettes like Marlboro.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:47 PM
Rookie

I had a pos for weed a couple years ago and told my company. I didn't miss a day's work. But then I've never had a duii or moving violation. You might need to find a company thats more interested in hiring a great driver. One problem here is that trucking is over-reacting to the bad rep from the last generation of drivers (pre-1995), a lot of whom drank, ate speed, drove 24 hours straight and caused accidents. Also, the industry is, culturally, a Southern one. Even outside the South, a lot of the trucking industry still has Red State conservative values and ideas, and that's maybe why in this forum you are not getting a lot of helpful answers.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:46 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by protrucker8
I had a pos for weed a couple years ago and told my company. I didn't miss a day's work. But then I've never had a duii or moving violation. You might need to find a company thats more interested in hiring a great driver. One problem here is that trucking is over-reacting to the bad rep from the last generation of drivers (pre-1995), a lot of whom drank, ate speed, drove 24 hours straight and caused accidents. Also, the industry is, culturally, a Southern one. Even outside the South, a lot of the trucking industry still has Red State conservative values and ideas, and that's maybe why in this forum you are not getting a lot of helpful answers.
:roll:
Old 02-06-2007, 11:59 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I had a pos for weed a couple years ago and told my company. I didn't miss a day's work. But then I've never had a duii or moving violation. You might need to find a company thats more interested in hiring a great driver. One problem here is that trucking is over-reacting to the bad rep from the last generation of drivers (pre-1995), a lot of whom drank, ate speed, drove 24 hours straight and caused accidents.

Also, the industry is, culturally, a Southern one. Even outside the South, a lot of the trucking industry still has Red State conservative values and ideas, and that's maybe why in this forum you are not getting a lot of helpful answers.
:roll: Se Habla Bull :dung: ??!! :P
Old 02-07-2007, 12:27 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
:shock: :withstupid: :roll:
Same kind of guy who says he can drive better on pot. Or a couple of beers doesn't affect his driving. Good drivers are clean and sober drivers.

Old 02-07-2007, 12:40 AM
Senior Board Member

Actually, he's right, Gregg!!

A stoned driver, or a driver who has copped a good buzz is going to make a better driver, because he's more likely to be chilled out and relaxed. Consequently, his stress level will be lower. A relaxed driver who isn't so stresed out is less likely to engage in road rage.

Everybody knows that a good toke or three off of a good "J", or from a pipe actually helps improve a driver's reflexes.

In short, stoned drivers make better drivers. Driving after a few good hits needs to become the NORML way for drivers to operate!!

Just THINK of how many Oreo's and pizzas a truck stop could sell!!

8)