User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2006, 03:00 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Please Help I got DAC'ed !! Expert Opinions Wanted

Hello All,

This is my first post here and was wanting the assistance of those who have been the victim of false info put on DAC reports. In reading these boards there seem to be some DAC experts the likes I've yet to find anywhere else.

In July of 2003 I applied for a job here in Houston and never started with the company. I got a better offer right after applying there and never looked back.

Fast forward to Nov 2006. I apply for a company and they just called me back for an interview. However they asked me about an entry on my DAC report from this company that I applied but NEVER WORKED FOR. It says that I was terminated for violating company policy. I told the recruiter that I never worked there and she simply told me that it probably wouldn't be a problem for her company, but that it would be worth my while to try to clear it up as other companies will automatically reject you if something on you DAC doesn't match up with your application.

I even went as far as to contact the company that screwed me with the bad info on DAC and was told that I must dispute it with DAC before they'll even talk to me about it. I did call DAC and I'm going to be sending them a copy of my SS card and DL and they will send me my report and I can dispute it from there.

Here's my Question ??????????

Has anyone here ever had a similar experience and if so what was the outcome. If DAC reports are as hard to clear up as Credit reports I fear I'm in for a real battle here. Pissed me off that companies are paid 3 dollars for every termination report. They basicly are encouraging Trucking companies to lie.

Thank you for listening.

DDT
Old 11-29-2006, 08:05 PM
Rookie
Default BTW

If anyone is interested in getting a copy of their DAC report here's the Phone # 800-381-0645

Just mailed off for it.

USIS
ATTN:Consumer
PO Box 33181
Tulsa,OK 74153

I guess they use a PO box so angry drivers don't know where to find them.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:12 PM
Senior Board Member

im no lawyer but in my opionon since you never worked their it is their problem dac is only reporting what they said. dispute it and get a lawyer this is total bs. i hope the company refusing you put it in writing
Old 11-29-2006, 09:39 PM
Rookie

Thanks for the Reply ST,

The company is actually not refusing me, I have an interview set up for monday morning. The lady recruiter said that it's not all that unusual for info to be false or misleading and that DAC is not the final decision at her company unless it's a Failed Drug Test or Abandoned Truck or something serious.

I have not seen the report myself but she told me it says I was employed there for 2 weeks as a Student Driver and Terminated for violating company police. Yes it is utter BS since all I ever did was fill out an application and interview. They offered me a job but I didn't end up working there.

I actually talked to the owner of a small trucking company and he told me that he fired DAC because he had seen too many times where a driver pissed someone off when they quit and then said company turns around and puts some BS on the guys DAC to try and ruin him. :twisted:
Old 11-29-2006, 11:43 PM
Senior Board Member

Well, maybe it's against their company policy that if you fill out an application and then not go to work for them. :wink:

Or, maybe in fine print on the application it says somewhere that when you turn it in then you're actually hired, whether you show up or not.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:03 AM
Rookie

I'm afraid there may be some loophole or something. As it's been so long I can't remember every single form I signed. My hope is that once my DAC arrives and my dispute is filed maybe the company will not respond within 30 days and it'll automatically come off. We will see. It may take a month to a month and a half before I know anything concrete. Too Damn Long if you ask me.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:21 AM
Senior Board Member

theres no form to sign to slander and defame you just cuz you filled aout a application and maybe even said you might be their for orientation doesnt mean you are an employee of this company. regardless of which doesnt give them the right to deface your career record we will consider this your trucking credit report whiuch to any person would be under the fdcpa.go to work for that carrier dont woorrry about that oproblem on your report if something bAD HAPPENS then pursue it from their or if nothing bad happens purseue it from their dont just take like a btch.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:09 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Ask them to provide you with pay stubs. If you work for a company you will have been paid. If the company refuses to take it off your DAC then ask them for 2 weeks pay. If you were employed then you should have received a paycheck. :P
Old 11-30-2006, 01:49 PM
Rookie

Hello GMAN,

I've enjoyed reading your post in my time skimming these boards. I was thinking the same thing. In my dispute I will request that they provide some proof that I was paid, which I know I never was. I am also planning on contacting the Social Security Administration and get an official list of companies I've worked for to prove I never worked there.

I simply don't understand why this company, and from what I've read so many others have this horrid desire to destroy people. Most Drivers have kids to feed. I could never look at myself in the mirror if I tried to prevent someone from feeding their kids.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:43 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Social Security Administration will give you a statement of earnings-Request one plus your state should have some kind of record.