User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2006, 03:14 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

No State income taxes in Texas. But you are indeed right about Social Security Administration. If anyone is in a similar situation and wish to get their federal statement...........

https://s044a90.ssa.gov/apps6z/isss/main.html

My hope is that if I send a copy to DAC they will have to remove the record no matter what the company says. I'm glad I never went to work for them.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:35 PM
Senior Board Member

am i correct in thinking the easiest way to remove this would be to get on the frs that put it on, they say your were fired. this is slander. goodluck clearing it up .if your an ooida member give them a call, if not mayb a simple letter from a atty would aid in this companys "motivation" to get the matter resolved.
what carrier would do this then be so bold and arrogant to not resolve the problem?
Old 11-30-2006, 08:43 PM
Rookie

It's probably best not to name the company. But it is one of the larger tanker companies in Houston doing mostly oil field hauling. I will keep everyone informed on this matter as it progresses and give everyone an idea of how hard it is should they ever face a similar problem.

I have to do a road test tomorrow for a LTL company that doesn't use DAC. Very small company with only 20 Trucks. I prefer not to work with DAC companies if I can avoid it.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:17 AM
Senior Board Member

thats chikn sht put the companyu out here for the world to c you have nothing to lose or are you bs ing asll of us you wouldnt want one of us repeat the same mistake as u and work for the same sht hll take a stand grow a set and tell us who. it is for gods sake man be one
Old 12-01-2006, 01:18 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I prefer not to work with DAC companies if I can avoid it.
I always get a kick out of this statement. The big reason is that if you work for a non reporting company then anytime you apply the company you are trying to get on with will be calling all your former companies and if one of them tells the new company something bad but false that costs you the job you will have no way of knowing it.

PSST. BTW you are applying for "DAC" company unless I missed something.

Quote:
I apply for a company and they just called me back for an interview. However they asked me about an entry on my DAC report from this company that I applied but NEVER WORKED FOR.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:41 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDT
I'm afraid there may be some loophole or something. As it's been so long I can't remember every single form I signed. My hope is that once my DAC arrives and my dispute is filed maybe the company will not respond within 30 days and it'll automatically come off. We will see. It may take a month to a month and a half before I know anything concrete. Too Damn Long if you ask me.
Did you go get accepted to work for the company and then have to be sent home from orientation?
Old 12-01-2006, 06:16 AM

Dawn, he never even went to orientation. All he did was apply. As soon as he applied, he got a better job offer. I don't even think he went in for any type of interview.

"I got a better offer right after applying there and never looked back."

What I wonder is if the recruiter took his app, went through all the steps to get his app processed, and got him an orientation date with out ever contacting him back to possibly fill some type of quota.

Do companies report people not showing up at orientation?
Old 12-01-2006, 11:21 AM
Senior Board Member

truckfam yes they do. but they may not report you were terminated when you were never employed
Old 12-01-2006, 08:02 PM
Rookie

I'll try to answer all the questions.......

There was no orientation. I simply applied for the job and went in for the interview. I remember I was asked to fill out some additional paperwork and then to wait for them to call me. As far as I can remember the paperwork was routine stuff like driving record request.

They did call me but I don't believe I ever returned their calls because I was applying at a lot of different places and simply could not keep up with all the callbacks. I wonder if that pissed them off.

Presently I have applied for both DAC and Non DAC companies these last few weeks that I have been looking for a job and only a couple of the companies that use DAC have even called me back, while the NON-DACS pretty much are all begging me to come work for them.

I just pissed in the cup for a NON DAC company today, and have an interview with a DAC company on Monday, the same one I spoke of when I started this thread. Even if the DAC company offers me a job I doubt I'll take it and just stick with the NON DAC company for now since I know if things go wrong they won't try to destroy me since they are not a member of DAC.

Any further thoughts or opinions on this matter would be appreciated, lots of good folks on this board.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:39 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckfam
Dawn, he never even went to orientation. All he did was apply. As soon as he applied, he got a better job offer. I don't even think he went in for any type of interview.

"I got a better offer right after applying there and never looked back."

What I wonder is if the recruiter took his app, went through all the steps to get his app processed, and got him an orientation date with out ever contacting him back to possibly fill some type of quota.

Do companies report people not showing up at orientation?
So you apply for a job and you never call them back and they put you down on DAC as being employed? Even if you got approved and said you would be there, they shouldn't "I don't think" put you down as a driver,you are not officially a driver until orientation is completed.
We are pretty big and I really don't think we do that, it just doesn't even make sense to do it! But well trucking isn't about sense it's about regulations huh?

Recruiters usually only get credit (bonus's) if the driver shows up for orientation, but everyone can be different on that.

Give me your questions about it and I will ask on Monday!